1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Official Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kreij, Nov 10, 2011.

1. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    No x64, and just going by the crashes and what the .exe says in CFF Explorer. And to me >2GB means up to.
  2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    'greater than'

not sure why its crashing at 2+GB then, might be a mod or other thing glitching (afterburner, fraps, etc)
  3. yecliz New Member

Thanks Received:
    haha, i am installing it again. :D

Irony

Thanks Received:
    That looks Nice. Mine is looking pretty similar now, using a lot of the same mods I think. The only problem I have is about 2/3 of my pine trees are not hd. Which is the HD trees mods fault. I'l try reinstalling all the flora mods and see if that helps..
    And I got over all my crossfire issues, but my framerates are crap. They max out at 35 if I look at the ground. Otherwise in the range of 8-25fps with the same settings that they were 45-60. I don't think its the ENB but something is obviously causing a problem
    Crunching for Team TPU Folding for Team TPU
  5. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    looks great indeed, even tho im not using the exact ones, also using dynavision instead of ENB DOF, the some ice portions looks a bit too bluish it seems, might have sumthin to do with the real ice mod.
  6. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    hmm thats wierd. I do know that when i tried TreesHD and chose the 4096 resolution version it killed my FPS so i dropped to the 2048.

When you do install them again do Vurts first. Then TreesHD and only install the files he has listed on the main page, then get lush trees then the compadibility patch. That is if you want lush trees.

You might be running into a vram wall too if some aren't rendering in HD. Ive gottent to areas where hte texture is just smeared all over and then takes a bit to load.
  7. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, i reinstalled all my foliage mods, vurts first and so on. Now all the trees are good. And 4096 for all of em too. That and ssao kills my framerates, but heck I'm upgrading to a 7970 soon.
  8. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    yeah if their are no GTX680s in stock by the time i have the money to upgrade i think i might get a HD7950 DirectCU II TOP
  9. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
  10. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    So a few mods I been waiting on updating have and now I think I'm ready to actually play again. Setup all of my mods and just making sure the game runs right, then I noticed this table top.

[​IMG]

I have Skyrim HD and SMIM, both them cover wood textures, you can see the side of that table is better textures. But that top just looks horrible, doesn't even look like it's made out of wood. Wondering what the heck is up with that, I swore one of these texture packs would have changed that table top. Either way, if anyone knows, let me know. And if they don't, does anyone know of a mod that does change them?
  11. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    I know some people have been waiting for this to come out. Its another follower mod, but it allows virtually complete control over them. What weapons, what spells, what attacks etc. (I don't use it, because I prefer my followers, if I have one, to be an independent entity. I have enough trouble surviving my self.)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=15524
  12. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    Has there been ANY news of an expansion yet?
  13. Kaiser Kraus

Kaiser Kraus

Thanks Received:
    I'm nearing the completion for the tweaks and documentation of my custom ENB (based on Superb ENB by Sung, tweaked Realistic Lighting, FXAA for color correction, and lastly, Imaginator settings). I'll be posting my ENB on Skyrimnexus when time permits (still busy at work and still needs some tweaks on the lighting aspect). Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm gunning for Photo-realism and it really is hard to achieve that. Here are some pics of my latest endeavor. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cold Storm and theJesus say thanks.
  14. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Great shots KK, I'll have to reinstall the mods to see how it goes...

right now, I'm having fun trying to kill myself with a new character

[​IMG]
    Kaiser Kraus says thanks.
  15. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    looks good man. It is super hard to me to get skyrim from looking washed out. seemsl ike you have to have a ridiculous amount of contrast.
  16. Kaiser Kraus

Kaiser Kraus

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the praises. Try using FXAA injector. It'll reduce that washed out look while maintaining a decent amount of contrast. Without FXAA and Imaginator, Sung's ENB still looks good. I'm looking for a good RL template to start from. Can I use yours Redguard? :) Hopefully I can tweak it for my ENB. TIA
  17. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah looks seriously fantastic. I am using FXAA Inj at present; tried ENB but it crashed at save game load. Maybe if and when I start a new game I'll do a fresh Skyrim install.
  18. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    yeah. its posted on nexus already. try it out

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9251

A lot of the pictures are old so.

What FXAA injector are you using? I trued Immersive environment, but it really was WAY WAY to blue.
  19. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    You is perfectionist, lolz. :laugh:
  20. Kaiser Kraus

Kaiser Kraus

Thanks Received:
    I use my own settings. I tweaked it to work with my ENB settings. I'll try your RL settings and will endorse. Tnx.
  21. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Doing some Alpha layer tweaking this morning. I have always been unhappy with the crappy colored glass weapons on Vanilla Skyrim. Theres a few texture packs out there for them, and a few of those have Alpha Layers. Back when the game came out I ran this mod before they added on armors

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2057
    I was mostly happy with it, though when they added armored the glass got far to white for my liking (and now that I look at the textures again, they are extremely low resolution). So the search was on for something else. I couldn't find any bundles of Glass Armor and Weapons I liked, so I tried finding one of each that seemed to fit together well. I ended up with these two mods

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9892
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=10751

The textures were much higher resolution on them, and it didn't have that awful white glass. Problem was, they went real light on the Alpha Layers. I wanted glass to be able to see through it well (without zooming it super close, since I want to be able to see through it while just playing the game). So these weren't exactly what I was looking for either, so this morning I started tinkering with Alpha Layer, and so far I'm liking what I see, here's my results so far.

Texture Packed 1H Glass Sword
    [​IMG]

Texture Packed 1H Glass Sword w/ Alpha Tweaks by Me
    [​IMG]

Looks much better, I'm not sure if this exactly where I want transparency to be, but it's close (I think a bit more transparency and I'll be happy). It's not as see through once you back the camera off (like I mentioned earlier, this isn't a good view distance to play the game at). I think a bit more tinkering and it should be perfect though, already such a massive improvement.
  22. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Ok, I have had this game since release and just made it to level 3...... I am starting to like it more and more.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Nice. Thats what I've been looking for in a glass mod.

What have you been doing?!!? That would be like a couple hours of gameplay. Or a ton of walking around not touching anything.
  24. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    BF3..........

[​IMG]
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    lolz...