1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Official Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kreij, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ah okay, I guess I'll go back and do it again since I reloaded a previous save afterwards, and I'll give it some time. Thanks for clearing that up :toast:

Well I'm currently Arch-Mage of the Winterhold College, so no metal armour for me lol. Did something pop up on the screen telling her she was now infected? Nothing showed for me, and even the "Number of diseases contracted" statistic was at 0.

2. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    mods work like this

Data / textures / character / blah blah
    Data / Meshes /

when you have a mod that replaces certain files or requires other mods grab them first

then the files exist example the no blocky faces has a texture folder you drag drop that texture folder into the Data folder where the games archives are,

from there if you want better textures or replacers for said mods you drop them in the proper folder and overwrite them.

3. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Can you block when both hands are equipped with a waepon?

Also how can I barter or persuade?

4. random

random

Thanks Received:
    To the people experiencing fire corruption with the atiumdag.dll fix for crossfire, I suggest renaming your TESV.exe to Fallout3 it gives better performance all up and is as smooth as a single card or a tad better without the blocky fire.

5. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    you need to up your speechcraft skill to unlock those options so sell goods often to up it in the begining then you can bargin persuade and intimidate to further boost the skill

on a side note the game just crippled me hardcore

2 Dragons vs Me 1 Blood Dragon 1 Dragon

score 2 me 0 for the Dragons, altho it did cost me all my health potions i had hoarded, all 60 of them. totally worth it tho.

[​IMG]

6. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    its the same as every other LAA mod (theres a thread about it here on TPU somewhere with an app to make it easier to do), it just stops crashes on 64 bit OS's once you pass the 2GB limit (32 bit OS's are just screwed)

Horrux says thanks.
  7. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    Those stats don't include steam sales. Steam never report sales figures (nor do they let others report the steam sales figures for games sold on steam), so the only PC sales in there are for physical copies.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  8. Vandarth New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, my card is clocked at core 920, memory 1400, should i clock higher? if so what to? but even if my card was not overclocked at all it should have no trouble with max aa, is it a gpu driver bug or a game update bug to do with AMD cards?

9. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    i had that same fight last night, as i was beating the first dragon the blood dragon swooped in to mess me up >.> lydia (my companion) got eaten or something, she died and i cant find her body to get my loot back off her.

10. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    that sucks lol, still im playing on hard took me 35 mins to kill both dragons, I had to use the stone pillars to block the fire breath and then use my force shout then follow it up with power attacks.

the game decided not to be friendly.

the last dragon i fought before those 2 i got a 1 hit KO on the dragon when it was at full health, it came swooping in I attacked it did a kill animation with my driving my 2 hander through its skull and bam fight over... its pretty damn fun you never know what will happen.

just bought the house in Solitude and decked it out got me another Housecarl. cant wait for mod tools first thing im going to do is remove companion limit, edit a few AI variables then build me an army of Housecarls lol,

also gonna go back and edit a few game sequences to contain more Storm cloaks and more imperials so fights seem larger.

11. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I played hardcore mode in FallOut NV and enjoyed it a lot. Having to drink water and eat food was awesome. Not doing so caused ill effects which just added to the game.

This mod should come out for sure! I hope someone is working on it.

12. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah the textures definitely need some love in areas (I mean look at the right there... like vanilla Morrowind! lol) but I don't see how some people think the graphics are sub-par. No mods yet except Blood, Beautiful Skyrim (retexts of various items; ongoing...) and Night Sky (verrry nice one btw).

[​IMG]

13. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    but is it overclocked? skyrim is sensative to OC's if its OCd try defaults.

14. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    FXAA sharpen w/ llow saturation + MSAA works very well for me, it brings out more details from the textures. It tends to get dark with it but fixable by increasing the display brightness :D

15. 3dsage

3dsage New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anybody know how to get this Katana sword in dragonsearch? Looks to be cod style tiger skinned.

Gonna put it in spoiler tags lol

Pressing "E" to no avail, whats the deal ? tia .. Theres a floating dresser blocking the doorway WTH

[​IMG]

16. Vandarth New Member

Thanks Received:
    i tried with amd overdrive at defaults/off and its still super lagged at 16aa, like 5fps

17. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    dont know what to tell ya. Nvidia cards do the same thing.

18. Vandarth New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh so other people are having problems with lag? even if their system is easily good enough for it?

19. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    ya mine plays on ultra fine but sometimes it dips iv improved it with lowering the clocks but im starting to think its a type of memory leak.

20. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    it was most likely just hitting a thermal throttle, using parts of the GPU more than other games.

think of it like how furmark cooks VRM's on certain cards, skyrim could be causing specific overheating, causing throttling, causing performance dips.

21. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    i think so too test iv run indicate when it throttles down when the frame drops.

its in my earlier post.

22. Horrux

Horrux

Thanks Received:
    NO ONE EVER HAS HAD, OR EVER WILL HAVE LAG PROBLEMS IN SKYRIM.

PLEASE.

"Lag" describes data latency in online games, where the information must travel from PC to server and back.

LAG has nothing to do with any offline game, ever. You are confusing your video card's underperformance with lag, but they are hugely different.

Please don't confuse them, and then ask for help with your "lag" when there is no such thing. It only confuses the issue.

A lot of noobs have started calling having put their graphics settings too high for their hardware, "lag". In BF3 you see these guys sporting a Radeon 6850 running it at ultra, jumping from server to server because "it's laggy". They don't understand at all, that's OK but what is definitely NOT OK is to accept this use of the word "lag", when it has nothing to do with it. It would be like calling "not having enough gas" in your car's fuel tank, when in fact the problem is that your handbrake is on.

23. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    ever heard of mouse lag? lag is delay, not exclusively internet related.

Solaris17 says thanks.
  24. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    i dont have much issue with framerate dips, lowest i had was around ~35-ish, but definitely no stutters experienced. Mouse lag was noticeable when vsync is enabled, disabling it fixes the issue but introduced a different issue with the Y-axis going berserk on high framerate locations.

The real performance killer i observed was on:
    the abandoned shack, the one where you first meet the dark brotherhood and murder some people
    dunno why it performed badly on that section...

25. Horrux

Horrux

Thanks Received:
    I agree. However, calling video card underperformance by the word "lag" is simply getting it wrong and perpetuating the error. Have you ever done a full connectivity repair online with teamspeak or a chat client, because a buddy is complaining about "lag"? I have. And it gets very irritating when suddenly they reduced their graphics settings and "surprisingly" the "lag" disappears.

When just "lag" is used, it means internet connectivity latency. "Input lag" is an accepted and valid expression. If someone used "video lag", that would be OK, although a pretty stupid expression. It would be akin to running this game on a P4 and calling the problems "CPU lag".