1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Official Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kreij, Nov 10, 2011.

1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Done, replaced the one I made before. I thought I was missing something, knew there was more than 1 UI element :p
    theJesus says thanks.
  2. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    I have two issues, when people talk to me in the game most of the time the audio cuts out. It sounds like trying to tune into a radio station or something. The other issue is massive lag even at mid level settings. Never had this issue with Oblivion or my other games running them on MAX.

Also I liked Oblivion's UI a lot better than this one, though I am sure I will get used to it.
  3. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    Here are some screens of my awesome Full out Enchanted glass armor and with better than legendary upgrades!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is the night sky
    [​IMG]
  4. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Good, 'cause I heard that back in the day it took you a long time to respawn.
    theJesus says thanks.
  5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    audio issue sounds like you got set to 5.1 sound, but you arent using it. some kind of upmiser messing with it, or no center speaker connected.
  6. garyinhere

garyinhere

Thanks Received:
    So I'm trying to get the elder scroll... anybody been here yet I'm kinda lost?
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
  7. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    crazy neverending game, i played more than 20 hours, im level 15, there are so many things to do and find out ... This game will lack a social life ! I mean YOUR !
  8. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    @garyinhere: please put some spoiler tags D:

still ~15 hours in the game, and ive onnly encountered like 2 random dragons, which is good i think :)
  9. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    I didn't encounter them much at first. I've seen a lot lately though. sometimes two at a time.
  10. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    So true, I am level 29, wearing full Dragon Armor, yet I have barely done any quests and feels like I have barely done anything in the game. I head out to do a quest and end up going to so many other places I find along the way.
    freakshow says thanks.
  11. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    Ohh very well ! Dragon armor ?? Where can i get one ??

I just beat one dragon :eek: !
  12. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Need to pimp your smithing up to 100/100 lol, then use dragon bone and dragon scales to make the armour, it's quite easy but takes alot of time.
    Animalpak says thanks.
  13. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Just keep walking, it's huge. I pretty much ran through. The exit is on the ground level. Just make sure to have the quest assigned in your journal and it should show you the way.
    garyinhere says thanks.
  14. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    I've come across so many new and unique heavy armor I'm kind of sad I chose to advance in Light Armor.

Can anyone confirm for me that there are in fact some pretty sweet new Light Armor? Aside from the ones in Oblivion?

Also is there a Theifs Guild or the likes? Just got down with mages myself pretty sweet quest.
  15. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, in the South-East area of Skyrim
    AphexDreamer and theJesus say thanks.
  16. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    For anyone who is having Skyrim pausing for 5 seconds at random times mostly while outside, there is a patch at ENB which makes it run smooth.

TES Skyrim Patch

This is mainly for people on Windows XP BTW but there has been mention of some people on Windows 7 having the same issue.
    Mussels says thanks.
  17. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    A nice story of events that have taken place with my Mage. :)

So, I'm a mage and I just completed all of the missions (well.. basically saved everyone from utter doom) at the Mage College in Winterhold. Naturally I felt it was time to go procure myself a wife to cook meals for me to come home to after fighting dragons and the like. So I find an amulet to wear proudly and proclaim that my virgin Breton manhood is on the market in search of a lady faire.

On my way back to my home in Whiterun I stopped by a lovely little hamlet called Riverwood. A beautiful place where I had been before, right after my first encounter with a dragon. In Riverwood I set my sights on a lovely maiden who ran a general goods shop with her brother. Needless to say after walking in with the amulet being worn we were married within a day. I suppose the tales are true! Riverwood girls are easy.

After the wedding, tired from a long day of festivities, myself and the "Ol' ball n chain" were dead tired and headed for our permanent residence in Windhelm. I felt I needed a nap to regain some vigor that I was going to need for the honeymoon, but don't you know it the second I pass out on the wooden bench in the study I am kidnapped and taken from my stately abode!

I awaken in a run down old house with trash and old furnature strewn about the place. As I come to my senses I see three people on the floor, kneeling with sacks over their heads. A woman appears, laying lazily yet arrogantly on some bookshelves in the corner of the room. She tells me that she see's the darkness in me and knows about the old woman at the orphanage that I killed a fortnight ago. She then goes on to say that the kill belonged to another, and I must repay my debt by killing the one who deserves it our of the three foks kneeling on the floor. My decision was an easy one. I immediately call upon my magic wolf familiar and shoot flames straight into the Dark Brotherhood leader's face. She by far had some of the fanciest looking armor I've ever laid eyes on. She didn't have a chance and her armor served as a fine wedding gift on this most glorious of days.

Later the next day, I go to the Dark Brotherhood's hideout and slaughter every last one of them.

The end.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
    Easo, Black Panther, Solaris17 and 3 others say thanks.
  18. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Only problem with the ENB patch is it prevents you from using other mods, at least as far as I know. But I suppose if you are having performance issues then mods would be the last of your worries.
  19. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    Finally started doing quests. Killed my first dragon and bought a house; I'm so glad I finally have a place to dump all the books and shit that I've been collecting so I can actually carry other things now :laugh:

Also, I didn't realize Bleak Falls Barrow was part of the main quest and was wondering why the fuck I had this 25lb (I'm just assuming that pound is the unit of measure for weight) Dragonstone. Then they asked me to go there and bring it back and I got to say "Oh, you mean this thing?" :laugh:

Oh, and is there a fence in/near Whiterun? I've got a bunch of stolen shit I want to get rid of, but I don't want to travel very far yet since I'm only like level 6.
    Beautiful, thanks! :D
  20. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    As far as I know the only fences are in that South East city.
    theJesus says thanks.
  21. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    Darn, oh well. I guess I'll make use of fast travel after I discover it, even though I don't really like to do that.

Also, I'm laughing at the My Little Pony mods.

http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=354
    http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=295
    http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=299
    http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=284

edit: Oh, another question: Can you do same-sex marriage in Skyrim? I'm one of those weird guys that likes to play as a female, but I definitely don't want to marry a male.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
    Mussels says thanks.
  22. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    If anyone is still looking for this game on the cheap, I just picked up a copy for the fiancee from buygamecdkeys.com, it's 5am here and I got my key in about 10 minutes, pretty impressive service at this time of the AM. Price ended up being a hair over $45.
    Cold Storm says thanks.
  23. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    i get this issue, and i'm on an SSD.

not sure i want to risk a random patch tho in case it breaks things.
  24. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I was getting small stutters when I turned fast, but after getting Large Address Aware, they pretty much seem gone.
    theJesus and Mussels say thanks.
  25. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    i should do that now.