1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Official Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kreij, Nov 10, 2011.

1. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    I have Force power at rank 3 so it dosent matter I can hit him from about 60-70 feet and knock him down completely, if i charge in I can use it to knock him off the cliff and auto win, or knock him down long enough to hit him hard with a shit ton of damage his magic is one thing but it depends on what he uses i can simply equip fire resistance via rings to block 80% of fire damage, and if i swap to a different weapon i have around 60% resistance to Frost as well, so unless hes using lightning based spells alot magic should hit to hard. Ill have to test it out later on.
  2. Captain.Abrecan

Captain.Abrecan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wait until you get to know the imperial side before you start that shit. Trust me, they are guilty. 'Oh, the Nords are racist, how unethical. It isn't like they could possibly have a reason for this or anything that i don't know about.'
    There are many, many reasons that the nords don't like elves, one of which is because they led a NAZI style regime war against the entire planet to make humans their slaves, because they are racist against humans and truly believe that the humans' rightful place is kneeling before the glorious elven races. They sacked the capitol, and forced the emporer to outlaw the worshipping of Talos because the racist elves don't want the humans thinking they are anything but slaves.

The empire let Skyrim down. It sacrificed it's warriors in a pointless battle to retake the capitol, at the cost of untold lives, and ended up losing the whole war right afterwards.

Skyrim and Hammerfell are weak if they are forced to be a part of the Elvish NAZI regime. That is why the nords are disdainful of the elves: The elves are extremely fucking racist, and they led a huge crusade across the entire planet in order to enslave humanity.

Fuck the empire, they deserted the countries of Tamriel when they needed the empire's help the most. Now they are just lapdogs for the elves, running around trying to convert people and control them.

You won't really understand what is going on until you visit every single town and city in the game and talk to every single npc and read every single book. The elves are ruining everything, snatching people up at night, publishing 'approved' government reading that teaches the humans that their rightful place in the universe is as slaves to the elves.

It is sick and fucking twisted. Skyrim won't survive if it stays attached to the empire. The empire is just a puppet organization for the elves. It is so disgusting that I don't understand how bethesda even wrote the story without wondering if people who like to play the elven races would get pissed about making them so evil. It is sickening and mad just what lengths they go to in order to silence people across the whole game who don't agree with them. There are even terrorist organizations that sprung up, because the elves have a huge progaganda campaign in Skyrim that teaches the citizen's that the nordic race is racist, and any civil problems must be the nord's fault. They have prisons full of slave labor and all sorts of messed up shit.

Things are way worse for the empire than the little bit of illegal egg mining we saw in Morrowind.

The Nords don't even want a Nord only Skyrim, at least I never found any dialogue like that. They just want to be free.
  3. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Anyone?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:

Seems no.
  5. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I really didn't want to spend that much money (notice the past tense). Sigh. lol
  6. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    Congratz on the new cards. (if I read that right)

And I really can't stop playing this game, only time I do is when I go to post here.:rockout:
  7. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
  8. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    love your sig :)
  9. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    I'm going to wait until the new cards get here to start playing Skyrim.
    After cleaning my 4870x2 it's temps dropped 20°C lol

I'll probably have a contest and give away the 4870x2 when my new cards arrive. I love contests. :)

@Digi : I have a site bookmarked at work that has a ton of great humorous programming sayings.
    Delta6326 and erocker say thanks.
  10. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    At the top of the Throat of the World you can find the "Notched Pickaxe," which by boosting your smithing allows you to mine and craft more efficiently. This is likely a reference to the game Minecraft, and its creator's pseudonym, Notch.

On occassion, during melee combat with an NPC you may hear them state, "'Tis but a scratch!" This is in reference to the film, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail when Arthur wounds the Black Knight

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Easter_Eggs
    theJesus says thanks.
  11. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    add a poll on what character class we play? isnt that kinda infinite? :D

also sneak type character here, dunno but doing backstabs and finding your way into them undetected is fun for me.
  12. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    I like sneaking but I prefer the bow through the head aproach.

SuRprise! ---(X_X)---->
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  13. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    im also handy with the bow, i use it to pick up enemies form afar (with zoom) when close encounter backstab is not possible, still in sneak mode.
  14. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    That is what is great about the ES series of games. You can pretty much do whatever you want, and even moreso in Skyrim with its "classless" system.

I prefer heavy fighter types with a little magic throw in. I usually play something akin to a Paladin.
    Save the good folks, heal my friends, CRUSH the evil-doers. lol
  15. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    my character type is mostly neutral type (even in oblivion and fallout 3), as long as it pays coins im in it lol, the hell with good vs evil XD
  16. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    i do whatever it takes to get the job aka quest done, usually through intimidation decapitation Ill spout nonsense to a deadra lord to get a great artifact then turn around and kill his followers. Gold is what matter for with it comes great equipment the ability to outfit an army and with that comes power...

the only bad thing i feel about SKyrim so far is your dragonborn your a badass saving the day... but your still a nobody when it comes to politics aka Jarls and Kingship etc... wtf cant i challenge Ulfric to a duel etc lol theres some things missing in Skyrim.

mods might fix it but the mod community has gotten better at making boobs and gotten worse at making quest lines haha.
  17. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    lol boobs, one of the early mods that was spawned focused on female aesthetics (better skin, less blocky face etc. lol)
  18. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    That's probably because 99.9% of the players don't give a tinker's damn about the politics and just want to be world saving badass. :D
  19. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    yup mod community is really good at getting the most out of objectifying polygon tits and ass... not such a bad thing

and @ Kreji

well in morrowind you could build your own compound , in NWN2 you ran a stronghold,

older games like BG II you built up a fortress if your a warrior etc.

why cant i take over a town build it as I see fit in game helping the citizens building up my own honor guard etc. after all Skyrim is based on Nordic values, well if your a super badass you almost always end up with your own mead hall with a troop of warriors and people to pay taxes haha..

I realize there is a tiny tiny bit of the above in the game, but its pretty much worthless and kinda sucks it has no real draw to it. I dont know i feel if i can do the main quest line (those who completed it will know what i mean) after all that work i feel its my heavy armored greatsword wiedling ass that should be on the throne, and make damn sure my crown is made of dragons teeth mofos lol

SPOILER ALERT

you can help rebuild the blades but it dosent have any impact other then to spawn random dragon fights thats it... nothing else really effected by it
  20. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    or a deranged lunatic XD.

Gotta love murdering livestock and puts the guards temper to extreme levels lol.

if i remember, there are some mods in oblivion and fallout where you can build your own settlement, would be expecting one soon when the construction set becomes available.

(In Xenoblade, you can rebuild a colony >_>)
  21. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    i prefer arson over livestock murder lol
  22. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    I know what you mean, Crazy, but I've played games where in the end you were the ultimate ruler (or whetever) but it was an empty feeling.
    May times it is the quest to get there that is the true challenge, not the end results.
    I would rather save the world and walk away than have trumpets sounding that I was the new leader of nothing really significant.

That's just me though.
  23. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    I performed that Address Space patch to make sure the game is using more than 2GB and now the game runs "A LOT" smoother. In some areas, it seems as though the game runs super fast, like when people talk to me, there lips are moving super fast and not in sync to the sound. :confused:
  24. Easo

Easo

Thanks Received:
    Since i started to play with second char (first is pure melee, this one is pure caster), and she (lol @ me) is High Elf, it is going to be fun killing of racist elfs. Oh, wait, Im elf too...
  25. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    hmm, never really noticed any boost or anything after using that memory tweak, as i try to look at the task manager, game still uses around ~1GB+ of ram.
    The super fast thing happens to me at times, affecting my mouse Y axis to extreme extent on high FPS areas (caused by disabled vsync)