1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Official Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kreij, Nov 10, 2011.

1. random

random

Thanks Received:
    tbh I think everyone is on the same boat in terms of performance now, obviously people with lower to mid range cards will experience a more awesome crossfire scaling with the 11.11b drivers but yeah the rest is up to the game at this point if you don't see much improvement with these drivers it is the game itself or your CPU either one. I don't recommend anyone to upgrade to 11.11b's until the Skyrim patch comes out for more performance optimizations unless your single card is having trouble running the game.

2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't use that exe if I was either of you. already tested, the 11.11a gives fps boost to AMD users, and using that exe doesn't count as Skyrim. Rolling back to 1.1 exe and using Fords app will gain you about 6 fps all around.

3. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Quick question about my CPU usage during the game:

[​IMG]

I guess that since the most it's going up is only occasionally 80% on both cores, then I can safely conclude that the CPU isn't bottlenecking my graphics card?

4. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Ysolda's bugged for me. :laugh:

Married her, told her to go to my house in Windhelm, is yet to be there for weeks. So I used console commands to bring her there but the dialogue she has is only from before I gave her some mammoth tusks.

5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    wheres the fanciest house in the game? i bought the one in whiterun, but its facilities are lacking to show off my bling

6. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Solitude, will cost you around 35k to buy the house with all the decorations purchased.

Mussels says thanks.
  7. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i like the one in markoth - i am sure solitude is nicer, but markoth imo is nicer than whiterun, and cheaper :).

Mussels says thanks.
  8. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Hjerim in Windhelm is my favorite due to the layout.
    Has the most mannequins, weapon plaques and display cases once fully furnished.

Plus the mannequins don't mysteriously go for a little bit of a walk like a couple of the other houses.

Mussels says thanks.
  9. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, Hjerim is what I would recommend. That's why I (tried to) send Ysolda there.

10. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Did you notice in the Hjerim house
    the tables and chairs in the bedroom are just two sets of different tables and chair in the same place and the treasure chest to the right is stuck inside a bookshelf?
    I don't know if it is a bug or what, but if you go to the back of the bed it does mention there is something strange about it.

Not sure what it's all about.

As for marriage.....
    The ones I wanted to hook up with were not available to be married.
    Two bar maids and someone who is married to a miner.
    Although I'm not sure if those bar maids are underage....giggidy.
    So I took the miners wife as my travel companion.:)

11. Black Panther

Thanks Received:
    Tip about the Hjerim house -- make sure you 'clean' it before buying the living-room furniture!!

(You'll know what I mean after you do the related quest..)

12. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i was unable to furnish it before doing the quest, though i have not tried to furnish it since so idk.

13. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Clean? I've done the related quest but there's nothing to "clean", there's just some "leftover decorations." :laugh:

14. Black Panther

Thanks Received:
    You get the option to clean it from the same guy who'll sell you the furniture. Unless you do it, the "leftover decorations" will remain there mixed up among the furniture and the option to "clean" will no longer be available ;)

15. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    my guide for some reason had shipped to my parents house. they had it last week but i just got it yesterday :) I've already got 90 hours played, so i think it'll be safe to look at :) sadly walkthroughs are more than half of it, but that still leaves a bunch of art and stats, which is what i was interested in :)

16. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Didn't bother cleaning it even then. Why would the Listener who wields the Wabbajack and is a werewolf who kills vampires for breakfast be "disturbed" of that? :laugh:

17. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    This sentence made my brain hurt.

18. Black Panther

Thanks Received:
    Guys, do you know of where I can buy the CE Guide where it is in stock and reasonably priced? :(

[​IMG]

19. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Let Sheogorath visit some time and it won't hurt anymore. :laugh:

20. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've seen that most people go with those criminal rebel scum, why is that? I
    executed Ulfric myself
    , re-unifying the Empire :cool:

One thing that bugs me (and completely breaks immersion) is that even though I'm an Imperial Legate, Imperial Soldiers still address me as a regular dirt eater.
    They make one remark about my Penitus Oculatus Armour, but that's it.

21. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    Anybody know what Nightingale Hall is? I stumbled across it and the map shows a cave icon, but I can't find a cave entrance. UESP has no info on it.

22. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I'm looking long-term though. I'll replace Ulfric, I'll conquer the other provinces and the whole of Tamriel would no longer be under the Empire nor the Dominion. Skyrim shall rise once more! :cool:

23. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    I haven't picked a side yet. They both seem like selfish pricks to me.

edit: I mean, if I was Nord, then I'd clearly pick the Stormcloaks. However, I'm a Dunmer and the Stormcloaks are a bunch of racist pricks.

edit2: WTF, why did Lydia just start attacking my horse!?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  24. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    I finally bought a home in Windhelm and fully furnished it. I like the layout and price a lot. It also seems as though it's in a nice strategic section in the map.

Walk Through? No thank you never used them and never will. I rather get full retail value for the game I purchased. I would also rather have the element of surprise.

Anyhow I was pounding the keyboard late last night for about 6 hours of straight play finally :D I am on level 21 closing onto 22. I am concentrating on 1) Dual Handed Weapons such as large swords and war hammers, 2) Destruction Magic, 3) Restoration Magic, 4) Single handed weapons with a shield and finally 5) Smithing. These are my priorities though I do have a Dwarf Long Bow and Orchid/Dwarf arrows as a backup, gaining experience whether I can. But the 1st 5 above is what I use my perks for.

Last night out of know where came an ice Dragon from above and practically landed on me, and stated to hack away at me. Anyhow at the end of it, I added his bones to my fairly large Dragon Bone(s) collection. He's my 4th Dragon I killed.

This game is bloody fun, the only problem I have with this game is I played for about 6 hours last night, it only felt like 1 or 2 hrs instead :eek:
    I am thinking of saving a seperate game and just attack everybody, not picking a side :D

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  25. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    Late in the thieves-guild guest line. On that topic, I swear Nightingale Armour is designed after the post-millennium Batman films.

Ah, fair enough lol. I love Ancient Roman culture though (bit of a history buff), so it's a no brainer for me :rolleyes:

theJesus says thanks.