1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Official Torchlight II thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by theubersmurf, Dec 16, 2011.

?

Are you planning on buying TII and/or DIII?

1. TII

24 vote(s)
    29.3%
  2. DIII

12 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. Both

33 vote(s)
    40.2%
  4. Neither

13 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. Csokis

Csokis

Thanks Received:
    SteamID: Csokis666, located in Hungary an CEST zone.

2. Csokis

Csokis

Thanks Received:
    Yes! :D

[​IMG]

3. Csokis

Csokis

Thanks Received:
    Very good the beta. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  4. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Enjoying the Beta, plays just as well as the first one, and tons of fun actually getting to play with other people.

5. theubersmurf

theubersmurf

Thanks Received:
    I've been in it since Friday, sorry for not updating, but it's sort of a dry spell sort of.

There's tons of content out there for those who want to see, since there's no NDA, people have put up all kinds of stuff about it.

Assimilating all of that stuff, or even wading through it to the point that I could find some high points seems more of a pain than it's worth. But the game looks to be great, I can't wait for full release.

6. theubersmurf

theubersmurf

Thanks Received:
    Just giving this a bump to let the people know this thread isn't dying.

The beta is coming to a close tomorrow, and with it the painful anticipation of full release (unggh!!).

Come throw your steam screen name up and your location worldwide so we can coordinate games.

Since the game is being distributed by a source other than steam, it looks as if they may have come up with their own system of screen-names and friending one another, so my effort to matchmake here may be ill-conceived. However, if it is the case that they're not using steamworks, I'll try to coordinate games from here using Runic's friend finding system.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
    Ahhzz and AlienIsGOD say thanks.
  7. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Thx TUS. I'm not a big steam fan, ordered the alternative way, but based on the input on the forums, I think they're looking to make it so once you add a friend "in-game", you should be able to follow them into a game... I hope :) Looking to get some last minute fix in for an hour or so this eve before it closes :)

8. theubersmurf

theubersmurf

Thanks Received:
    np

9. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    :laugh: I can't help but look at the thread for the D3 clubhouse, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh.....:nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::rockout:

The game does look spectacular, but the baggage that comes with it?:slap: Screw that. I'll stick with TL2, and BL2 when it hits this fall. Also got Wasteland 2 coming late next year, too many other games without all the crap D3 comes with.

Rumor mill is pinging hard about the end of July for the long-awaited return to fun :)

10. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    BTW (shhhh) there may or may not be a method to using a server-answer app to get the beta to continue to play solo, as long as your computer thinks it's still before June 1 (the original, planned, beta end-date).... shhhhhhh....

11. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    what crap does D3 come with?

How was the beta? Does the game have an AH or anything since you can play with other players? How do you get great gear in this game? Dungeons or quests or just luck finding?

12. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    I am very interested in this game.

Would I like to know more?

Yes. Yes I would.

13. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Crap: from hence to be associated with:
    1: No offline play
    2: No LAN play
    3: No Mod support
    4: Real Money Auction House

Beta was good, altho cut short by the developers since they realized that they had gleaned all that could be from the pool of testers, and that they had a lot of work to get done :) I've come across the link stating why they closed it early somewhere, can find it again if someone's interested. No AH, just trading between players. Great gear is found by luck, some by rewards, and some by trading.

14. theubersmurf

theubersmurf

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for bumping this, I hadn't seen those questions, I just assumed let it sit until release or a big announcement, though I did think about bumping it.

It just occured to me that this thread was conceived back in Dec or Nov of 2011, back when I thought they'd have the game out. I think it will possibly be worth it though.

15. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I remember this time LAST year, when they had anticipated the release by the end of July, and then "It will be released by the end of the year, unless someone dies!!"... fortunately, noone did, but neither did it get released :(

16. SUPERREDDEVIL

SUPERREDDEVIL New Member

Thanks Received:
    hope the game gets released SOON :( its JULY FOR GOD SAKE!!!! Pre ordered a month ago!!!

17. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, making $20 off an item you found but can't use is such a drag. I should be paying them for finding items instead.

18. theubersmurf

theubersmurf

Thanks Received:
    I'm right there with you.

19. CounterZeus

CounterZeus

Thanks Received:
    Preordered it too when I found out DIII was a bit of a let down. For +-€14.25 (we bought it in a 4 pack) you can't really let it pass by :)

20. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    you just don't get it! how you play affects my experience greatly - even though it's a non-competitive game, and all items need to drop before they can be sold, and i'll likely never see you in game, and even if i did i'd never know you bought your item. none of that matters. the fact that rmah exists RUINS the game. It's as simple as that ;)

/sarcasm

21. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Not picking on anyone in particular, but please keep the discusion about T2 and not D3.
    Go to the D3 CH if you want to participate in the love/hate discussions. :toast:

22. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    not trying to be argumentative, but i think the difference in features between torchlight 2 and d3 are worth discussing, and imo should be allowed in both threads. granted there's a fine line between discussion and bashing - but i honestly don't see how you can discuss torchlight 2 and not compare it to or at least mention diablo 3. i recognize my previous post isn't helpful though, and will refrain from those types of posts in the future.

23. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree, Digi, just want to keep this thread from become a D3 hate fest instead of promoting T2 and what it has to offer.

Comparing the two is fine. Actually comparing it to any other dungeon crawler is fine too.
    Just keep T2 as the focus. Part of my job as a mod is to push things back on-topic, and that is all I was doing. :)

Carry on !!

digibucc says thanks.
  24. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    *trips Kreij while he's pushing*

*ducks*

heheheh

I really wanted to say something on-topic, but I became so entralled by the idea of picking on Kreij that I failed.
    (heheh ... back atcha. ;) )

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
  25. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    In the first game, targeting enemies was a PITA. So much so, that I'd never play as anything other than an alchemist using the deathbeam (no targeting required). Have they fixed that?
    Also, how many levels do the gems have?