1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Orange Box - Blues

Discussion in 'Games' started by kamojamo, Jan 9, 2008.

1. kamojamo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello, I've yet another issue.
    I really liked the sound of VALVe's Orange Box so I decided to purchase it. I saved up, made myself a PayPal, waited for the money to transfer to PayPal and tried to make the purchase... oh no, you need a credit card to use VALVe's special PayPal.

After searching for a solution to this original problem I decided to go for eBay. I bought The Orange Box off some bloke called CD-Bazaar who sells to Australia and has "will play worldwide with the correct hardware" and I have the correct hardware but it will not work in Australia, the CD key is for Russia only.

This is ridiculous, I'm not sure what to do now as I am left with 3 alternatives.
    1. Return the game to the seller, and virtually end up loosing money. (Expensive postage and handling internationally and was close to shelf price anyway). Try to forget about how awesome The Orange Box is.
    2. Keep annoying VALVe and try and get them to get me a new CD Key.
    3. Crack my legitimate version

I've started 2 and I'm working on 3 whilst I'm waiting for 2 to continue. I can fall back on 1 if things don't work out.

Can anyone help?
  2. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    Did you look on newegg?

I would do 2, and 3. Playing online tho I might just say lesson learned and buy another copy.

You can't paypal because of a credit card?
  3. kamojamo New Member

Thanks Received:
    on vavle's special paypal thing, you can't buy without a credit card attached to your paypal account. I'm under 18, i don't have a credit card!
  4. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    I have bought games from valve via paypal with out getting money through a credit card. I got it thought my checking account. Valve only cares if you have the funds in you paypal account to purchase the game, not on where it came from. First and for most, i think you are out of luck with the ebay guy. You can complain with paypal, and get most of your money back. Then save up again and buy it through steam, via paypal...but make sure you have the available funds in the account.
  5. Snipe343

Snipe343

Thanks Received:
    Cant you bbuy a credit card thats like prepaid or soemthing like that
  6. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is going to the store really that hard :ohwell:
    zekrahminator says thanks.