1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The perfect Nigeria Scam,they getting smarter

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by wolf2009, Mar 20, 2009.

1. wolf2009 Guest

Lol these guys are getting smarter. http://site.realbigbuy.com/blog/2009/03/10/the-perfect-craigslist-nigeria-scam-they-getting-smarter/

2. SystemViper

SystemViper

Thanks Received:
    WOW, great info , that was a great catch, that scammin scum!
  3. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    -scrapes off of bottom of shoe-
  4. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    hahahah, fricking losers, thanks for the headsup, i only do local buisnesson craigslist
  5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I've gotten those on Craigslist last year. I find it's really easy to spot a scam. Anything that has more than a paragraph of content is usually a scam.
  6. Rockinchops

Rockinchops New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just got this one so hopfully it is a heads up

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
    ** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
    ** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
    ** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

--

Hello my name is Gerald Kent,I am interested in buying your item listed on CL, Please let me know if its still for sale and perhaps in good condition and I await your response and i will proceed with purchase if its still for sale and in good condition i also want you to know that I will be buying from you so please kindly withdraw the advert from CL. Please be informed that i will be paying with a certified check from my Bank as i just moved here from Glendale AZ on a job transfer.I will need the following details to mail the payment later
    in the day ...

1.Name to be on the payment
    2.Home address
    3.Cell phone #

I am completely satisfied with the advert and the payment will be delivered within 2-3 working days.** I use a hearing impaired phone # and will receive your calls via email I await your response and i will proceed with purchase if its still for sale and in good condition

Thanks God bless.

Gerald..
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I deleted the email
    i will only deal with face to face buyers on CL
    and cash
    FTW:nutkick:
  7. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    you should start calling those bastards out, be all like ive traced your ip, have located your adress and called the cops in your local area about the scam you are trying to place. have fun HAHAHAHAHA i bet thell be pooping there pants
  8. kiriakost

kiriakost New Member

Thanks Received:
    Interesting read , but US Europe and the rest ... we are not angels either .

ebay UK seller .... send dead HD3850 as partially working but not in his system ..

ebay UK seller .... send my laptop , from Czechoslovakia .. half memory in it .. no restore CDs.

ebay US seller .... double shipping charges ...

ebay US seller .... demonstrates branded items , sends unbranded .

ebay JP seller .... sends item from India .

ebay UK or US seller .... sends items from the warehouse at CHINA .

we have get full of honest people ....

The funny part .... most people believe that the most respectable sellers are the UK ones .

Well i would say that the Germans hold the lead .... but they do not hold the English language .. and that makes sales a bit complicate ... but at the end everything goes smooth.

From the other hand ... Nigeria and many others countries down there , had fall for years as victims of the west colonialism ... they have good reasons to hate all the US & GB sellers .
    They did the same to them , so its a payback time .

I am referring at both issues , moral one and about international cooperation .

Colonialism had cause more problems than good , we just still see how negative it does influence people , even this days .

I am not getting in to the issue or what is right & wrong ..... we are not angels ..
    But , by blasting Nigerians in general , because of few scamers , its wrong too .
  9. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    Same thing happened to me. I had something for sell a few months ago on craigslist, I forget what though. And these scammers started emailing me like crazy. I just made up some fake email address for a paypal account. They sent me numerous emails saying that payment was sent and that I needed to ship the item. :laugh:

I told them I shipped it. Didn't really hear anything from them after that though.
  10. richardbel

richardbel New Member

Thanks Received:
    i do only local too... so i can get his address whenever i have a problem with the product..
  11. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    There is a nigerian scam where a guy actually led someone along to pay for a piece of crap.
    10 Million points folded for TPU
  12. denice25 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hahaha!! losers!! thanks for the info anyway...
  13. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
  14. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I have the answer,nuke nigeria.
  15. elifan2008 Guest

More Craigslist Scamming

Here's a collection to add; what a headache! I'll paste them all so hopefully they'll show up on the Google results alongside yours (your post helped me confirm it was a scam! Thank you!!) for future Craigslist posters.

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
    ** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
    ** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
    ** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

Hello,

mary is my name,Am interested in buying your item listed on CL, Please
    let me know if its still for sale and perhaps in good condition. I
    await your response and i will proceed with purchase if its still for
    sale and in good condition.
    Thanks God bless
    mary clerk.

Thanks for the prompt response to my mail.
    I will be buying from you so please kindly withdraw the advert from C..LIST. Please be informed that i will be paying with a certified check from my Bank as i just moved here from Aspen Hill Of Maryland on a job transfer..I will need the following details to mail the payment as soon as possible.
    1.Name to be on the payment __________________2.Home address______________ City
    ____________State _____________ Zip Code________________3.Cell phone #______________________
    I will make arrangements for the pick up as soon as you have your money
    I am completely satisfied with the advert and the payment will be delivered within 2-3? working days.** I use a hearing impaired phone # and will receive your calls via email **
    mary clerk.

(email addresses used in the above):
    maryclerk888@live.com
    maryclerk008@gmail.com

Hello ,
    samuel is my name, Am interested in buying your item listed on CL, Please let me know if its
    still for sale and perhaps in good condition. I await your response and i
    will proceed with purchase if its still for sale and in good condition
    Thanks God bless
    samuel smith.

Thanks for the prompt response to my mail.
    I will be buying from you so please kindly withdraw the advert from C.LIST. Please be informed that i will be paying with a certified check from my Bank as i just moved here from Aspen Hill Of Maryland on a job transfer.I will need the following details to mail the payment as soon as possible.
    1.Name to be on the payment __________________2.Home address______________ City
    ____________State _____________ Zip Code________________3.Cell phone #______________________
    I will make arrangements for the pick up as soon as you have your money
    I am completely satisfied with the advert and the payment will be delivered within 2-3? working days.** I use a hearing impaired phone # and will receive your calls via email **
    Samuel.

(email addresses used in this one:
    janet4luv72@yahoo.com
    kajanealbert@gmail.com )

I guess the immediate red flags are the poor grammar, random specifics (Aspen Hill of Maryland?) and other odd details or requests (hearing impaired), and other strange language.

Ugh.
  16. Sean8

Thanks Received:
    I think someone is trying this on me as we speak. He's emailed me with 2 different emails so far saying he wants the item. Said he'll do paypal or a money order. I told him a money order since I can't be scammed that way can I? He said he was a U.S. citizen but hes in Europe at the moment and he needs the laptop asap. Who in their right mind would buy a laptop off me through craigslist for $1500 dollars before seeing pictures or anything?
  17. elifan2008 Guest

18. elifan2008 Guest

19. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ahhh, I loved getting emails from Nigerian princesses and army generals!

Anyone else get those sort of scams?

They go roughly like this.

I am a princess/king/prince/general/queen/doctor

I am in deep shit with the local crime syndicate/army/government/police/husband/wife

I plan on escaping to your country, how ever need to wire my money to a safe account first, I have chosen yours because a mutual friend said you were trust worthy, I will allow you to keep 10%/half etc.

Please give me your bank account details so I can wire you the monies.
  20. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    We should make up our own Nigerian Ad Lib:

21. radaja

radaja Xtreme Refugee

Thanks Received:
    youve actually recieved these kind of Email?if so thats not good.im an investigator here in nigeria,and would some more details so i can help you with this problem
    1.email address
    2.home address
    3.bank account
    we will send you payment for you cooperati...........blah blah blah:D
  22. Xazax

Xazax

Thanks Received:
    I have actually ran into this scam, TWICE, same thing on Craiglist.

First time was for a 2900PRO 512mb 256bit, guy wanted to pay me so so money and would pay through paypal i was w/e, so i gave him my paypal. He sends a Fake paypal e-mail to me, which is obvious right because it said "Dear TeddyG602@aol.com" not "Dear Teddy Ghannam" and there was no money in my paypal.

Now this is where is getting almost comical I tell the guy im selling him the item because he sent me a fake payment, he then insists and threatens me that he is going to call the police because I'm SCAMMING him and he paid for the item blah blah. This went on for 3-4 e-mails, finally fed-up i Just forwarded him the "Official" paypal Spoof e-mail when i reported him, and then nothing.

The next time was when i was selling a whole computer, some lady contact me, same thing asked if i would ship the item to her son who's in college or w/e, it was suspicious at the very start because she agreed very easily to the price + shipping didn't haggle at all. Did the same thing, sent me a fake e-mail. But i reported it again to paypal, and heard nothing more.

You want a real scam, watch this!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leHNJvRTH5Y
  23. Sean8

Thanks Received:
    Someone sent me money through xoom.com, thats a scam isnt it hes in like Philippines or something lol, told him im not selling to him unless its local anyway oh well.
  24. kiriakost

kiriakost New Member

Thanks Received:
    Do not worry that much , all the American banks are a scam too , thats why we are in a worldwide financial crisis .
  25. Sean8

Thanks Received:
    Well I figured it was a scam...because hes sending me 200 more than what i listed the item as. Plus he wants me to ship it already etc...Also thought it was weird he emailed me from 3 different accounts. Not sending the item anyway until it did clear my bank if its legit.