1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The PS3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Easy Rhino, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Major_Bunghole Guest

Its a brilliant blu ray player, trouble is there's bugger all BD movies to hire at block buster:mad:, tell me, has anyone had problems with the online racing since the last update, (i don't know if it was the update 4 GT5 or burnout paradise city, but i can get online OK, its just when i try to enter a race in GT5, i get a Fail:1100000 message during matching. It was fine before the 15th of April, and I've done nothing to my network, seems the only way around it is to port forward. Time to go and test it again, F#$&%$g pain in the arse piece of shit network lol:banghead:
  2. Major_Bunghole Guest

wonde why my posts say 0 (0/day)????
  3. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    Posting in the club forum does not count to your post count, try posting in the other sections too.
    calvary1980 says thanks.
  4. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    GTA 4 got a perfect score on IGN.....comes out monday...im so excited
    calvary1980 says thanks.
  5. Joshmcmillan

Joshmcmillan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I saw that as well, and it wasn't just any 10 out of 10. It was a straight flush, it got 10 for Presentation, Graphics, Sound, Game play, Lasting appeal and overall score (which isn't an average). UK IGN gave it 10 also.

I live like 45 minutes from the shop I pre-ordered it at so I have to get my sister to pick it up and bring it home the following weekend.. ohh the agony lol.
    calvary1980 says thanks.
  6. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    I know someone who works at Gamestop ill see if he wants to get fired :laugh:
    calvary1980 says thanks.
  7. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    "UK, April 23, 2008 - Leading UK supermarket Asda has disclosed surprising figures pertaining to the forthcoming Grand Theft Auto IV, revealing that the PlayStation 3 version is outselling the Xbox 360 version to the tune of three to one."

Thought you guys would want to see that...the whole article is over at ign
    LINK:
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/868/868764p1.html
    calvary1980 says thanks.
  8. Joshmcmillan

Joshmcmillan New Member

Thanks Received:
    calvary1980 says thanks.
  9. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    I been reading all the reviews for GTA4, and I am quite surprised and happy that the game runs BETTER (and looks better) on the PS3!!! I thought that we might get the short end of the stick, for this game did start PS3 development a little later than the 360.
    calvary1980 says thanks.
  10. Major_Bunghole Guest

JB HiFi are releasing it at a great price, $84.87 on either PS3 or Xbox 360, I'm heading 2 EB Games at 12.00 midnight for the big release. Hopefully they'll price match JB, if not i,ll be awaiting opening time outside JB 2morrow morning. This should be absolutely shit hot.:D
  11. Joshmcmillan

Joshmcmillan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Major, Isn't JB Hifi only Australian? $84.87 isn't cheap in U.S. lol. Big-W has it for $84. Too bad I already pre-ordered mine at Target for $99.95, that was the cheapest I could find at the time.
    calvary1980 says thanks.
  12. Major_Bunghole Guest

Yep, as far as I know JB is only Aus, but even tho we get ripped off for games compared to the U.S, the majority of outlets will be charging AU$119.00, so really, 84 bucks oz is bloody good. could you imajine the upraor if our freinds in the good ole US of A had to pay what we pay for games, remember that the exchange rate is around 92c at the moment, so we pay a hell of a lot more than 8c in the dollar (the difference between $1 us and $1 Oz) than those in the U.S. It stinks doesn't it.
  13. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    ...sorry I didnt know
    MONDAY AT MIDNIGHT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IM STAYING UP ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
    calvary1980 says thanks.
  14. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    t minus 24 hours!!
    calvary1980 says thanks.
  15. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    *HIGHFIVES EVERYONE* best part............FREE ONLINE PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout:

Whos all getting it monday night and playing it?If so we should set up some online play or something
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
    calvary1980 says thanks.
  16. Joshmcmillan

Joshmcmillan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Not long now. 7 hours till it comes out here (although I don't get it for a few days :().

@Australians(major), IGN just had an article saying that they couldn't find out what was cut out of the Australian one compared to the rest so it wasn't noticeable, but TBH I would have preferred it if they had cut out some of the types of stuff that's in it, anyway it'll still be fun :).
    calvary1980 says thanks.
  17. Mediocre

Mediocre New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sign me up :)

Bought mine last monday after my cozumel/costa rica/panama cruise...took those poker playin fools for $400 and went out and got the 40GB, turismo, and the logitech wheel...

Mediocre
    PSN Username: Mediocre80
    PS3 Model: 40GB
    Accessories Owned: 1x Six Axis controller, Logitech Driving Force GT, NyKO HD-Link (Y, Bp, Pr)...my one HDMI in use with PC
    TV: Sceptre 37" 1080p LCD
    Games Purchased: Grand Turismo Prologue (GT5 Prologue)
    Currently Playing: Grand Turismo Prologue (GT5 Prologue)
    Currently Looking Forward To: Full version Grand Turismo (GT5 HD?)
    Blu-Rays Purchased: None

I got my tax 'stimulus' today, so wondering what else I might buy...kinda partial to racing/sports on the console, FPS on the PC....

:toast:
    calvary1980 says thanks.
  18. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    I'm waiting on my tax stimulus!! Lol buy all foreign products and boost local economy!
    calvary1980 says thanks.
  19. Mediocre

Mediocre New Member

Thanks Received:
    Or go to walmart/best buy/etc and only support the big companies :roll:

What a joke...either way, I'll take the $600 and run thats for sure...

Maybe I'll grab a dual shock, a blu-ray, and NCAA '08....

Any other decent racing games?

My bud is gonna bring his PS2 Logitech wheel over and we might try the 2P battle...I can just see him reaching over and turning my wheel so I spin out LOL I'd probably be me though, he's a much better racer...

:toast:
    calvary1980 says thanks.
  20. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    ahh, you got your stimulus check by direct deposit right? i owed tax this year so they dont have my direct deposit info. i will have to wait for the actual check in the mail. the sad thing is that with my SS# i would have gotten it today!!! :cry:
    calvary1980 says thanks.
  21. Mediocre

Mediocre New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah direct deposit....i thought i heard they are mailing this friday or early next week. The wife's is being mailed and her SS# is low as well, so we're hoping for that $900 (her + kid) mid month...what it burn it up on is the question though
    calvary1980 says thanks.
  22. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    7hrs and 51 mins.....
    calvary1980 says thanks.
  23. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    hahaah. i will be working late tonight so i will be leaving right after work for the local gamestop. it is a school night so i hope i wont have to put up with a bunch of noobs and dorks. i just want to walk in and purchase a copy and leave. 6.5 hours remain!
    calvary1980 says thanks.
  24. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    :cry: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

so i call gamestop tonight and ask them if i can buy gta4 tonight during the midnight sale. they said no, it is only for people who preordered it. so i drive to the store and ask them if i can preorder it and they tell me, "sorry but the deadline for preorders was 6PM" :cry:

it was 7:15 PM !!!!!!!! and then they said that if i come back tomorrow morning at 10Am they may have copies. that doesnt make any sense. why would they have copies at 10AM tomorrow but not have one i could buy right now? regardless, i will have to buy it tomorrow morning.
    calvary1980 says thanks.
  25. Joshmcmillan

Joshmcmillan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Are you calling people that go to school "noobs and dorks!? lol

I'll ring my sister in a few minutes and ask if she picked up my copy, even though I don't get it till Saturday (I don't like living far away from shops :()

It came out around 17 hours ago here. :)
    calvary1980 says thanks.