1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The PS3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Easy Rhino, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Joshmcmillan

Joshmcmillan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone know when Gran Turismo 5: Prologue is coming out? The shop I got motorstorm from says 27th of March for Australia, but I thought it was after that in U.S.?
  2. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    It's not really known, but expected to be:

Dec 13, 2007 Source: http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/gt5p/news/d1520.html
  3. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
  4. Joshmcmillan

Joshmcmillan New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure whether I should buy resistance for GT5-P, I can get either for around the same price. I'm pretty sure I would like both, but I really like Gran Turismo's. The only thing is, i also like games to be a decent length.
    How long is the Gran Turismo 5: Prologue Career?
  5. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    probably decently long considering you can download new content. nobody knows how it will truly compare tho to the full game.
  6. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    Both are awesome games, Resistance is a very long and entertaining FPS, while GTA5:p is a moderately long career mode and also a good online playability.
  7. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
  8. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
  9. Joshmcmillan

Joshmcmillan New Member

Thanks Received:
    This will be AWESOME. I'm really looking forward to Home, and the new XMB features will be good too, that was one thing that I was thinking of when selling my 360 to get PS3, although it was major, now i will have in-game chatting anyway, :):):)
  10. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    The PS3 is ready for 2160p:

Reasoning:

-Some guy on here named 7 was saying that at some sony press conference somewhere hey said that PS3 could output at 4K resolution, or 2160p, or 4096x2160 pixels progressive scan.

-Hitachi (or one of those Asian companies) is releasing (or already relaesed?) a 100GB Blu-Ray disk. They said that a simple firmware update would allow a Blu-Ray player to see the 4 layers of a 100GB disk. 200GB 8 layer disks are being tested and presumably could be supported through a firmware update.

-I Believe a feature length 4K movie would fit on a 100GB or 200GB Blu-Ray disk.

-The CELL Broadband Engine would have no trouble decoding a 4K video feed. As in playing back a 4K MPEG-4 or VC1 file.
  11. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:

if that is true then that is awesome.
  12. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, very very...Anyway, I can't for the life of me find the source to that, but I'm looking around.
  13. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
  14. bruins004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    That would def. be a movie with a hell of a lot of detail.
    And I thought 1080p looked good on the HDTV.

I wish Heavenly sword was in 1080p, unfort. it was only made for 720p.

Also, is Sony doing anything to make coding the games easier.
    I know that has been an issue that has turned some developers off.
  15. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    Yeah at GDC they are helping developers figure out how to unlock the the raw power of the cell processor.
  16. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
  17. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
  18. bruins004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Unfort. my PS3 right now is collecting a little dust.
    My HDTV had to go to the shop due to buzzing of the backlight.
    So I got my Wii trying to beat most of the games I got (Zelda owned).

Anyways, I gotta say the PS3 looks amazing on a 1080p set (well most games are 720p).
  19. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    all that work, plus voiding your warranty, for one usb port in the rear. I think I am happy with the four I have in front. :laugh:
  20. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    ME three. I tell you what, that Conflict: Denied Ops is one hell of a game demo and so is Devil May Cry 4. I almost pulled the trigger and got it tonight for 50 bucks, but then this voice in my head said not to, cuz the wife would be pissed :)
  21. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    lol! yea im trying to hold off for R6V2 so that i dont piss off the wife too much. i dont mind the denied ops demo but i dont see myself buying the game. DMC4 seems a lot like assassins creed to me and since i just beat that i need something of a diff genre.
  22. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Ahh, I didnt think it had the same feel as Assassins Creed, which I have yet to beat. However, its pretty awesome. That bluetooth headset is awesome, I tried to use my plantronics headset that I connect to my cellphone, seeing as its bluetooth. However, it wouldnt register with the PS3 for some reason. No idea why.
  23. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just got a ps3 but its making a high pitched noise about 1-2mins after I turn it on... I bought it second hand and it was working fine at the previous owners place. Its a year old 60gb model no warranty left anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong? I tried plugging it in at another house and it was still doing this also tried removing the ground on the wall outlet.. well Im going to wait for my backup AVR/ups to arrive before I got about sending it in for servicing.

I just gave Drakes Fortune a run, and I know this game is going to draw me in. I only bought the ps3 for GT:prologue and 5, but I got this game with it and decided to give it a test run for a while and am pretty impressed though I havent gotten far.
  24. Joshmcmillan

Joshmcmillan New Member

Thanks Received:
    What TV are you using? Maybe it's just something that will never actually affect you other then the sound? Would you pay just not to have that sound? How loud is it? Was the console cheap enough that it would still be worth it after you got it fixed?

I got Uncharted with my console as well (a week and a half or so ago), and it is SO addictive. I played it for like 35 minutes and thought it seemed like a pretty good game. Then I had another go and then it was night time, lol the day just seemed to go I was having to much fun.
  25. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    humm first time I plugged it in at home the buzzing was coming from the tv and console, but now I have an hdmi cable so now its only from the console and now it only starts up after about 1-2 mins of being on.. reminds me Im going to turn off my basement fridge and see if there electrical interference with that..

Well the ps3 buddy said 400 is ok, but I gave him 420.. it was working fine at his house. I didnt drop it or anything on my way home but it was in a bag as I walked home.

I'm hoping it will only cost me around $100 to have it repaired at a local playstation repair shop.. my guess is that it could be a capacitor or the psu is going bad.. he did live in a very old building/downtown.

Ohwell main thing is I'll get it sorted out, hopefully it dont blow up on me when Im running it for a few minutes lol.