1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The RAGE Megathread

Discussion in 'Games' started by RuskiSnajper, Aug 9, 2011.

1. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    ''In house team'' generally indicates that the main branch of the company is in development on said game, by ''original id team'', what group are you indicating?

If those that developed Doom 3 developed Rage too, would that indicate the original team developed rage? As not all of the founder members and developers are their, so how original could it be?
  2. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Found some evidence that proves your case actually:

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/10/rage-interview/

Just wanted proof and not hearsay.:)
  3. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Mindweaver and CDdude55 say thanks.
  4. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    WOW.. The level of comprehension this morning is underwelming... hehehe is this monday?..:D I'm not taking a jab at you bud.. Because I think i'm not comprehending either.. :roll: I just popped open my Monster Absolutely Zero.. It's fanfuckntastic...

OK back to it.. hehehe I don't think Doom 3 was the first game by them.. and i never said that i was saying anything. I was just trying to help you understand what i thought both of you were saying... kind of like someone looking in from the outside.. hehehe I guess i missed my mark on both of you guys.. lol
    CDdude55 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Will do ;)

The way Rage was pushed by the head guys including Carmack made me assume it was developed by the same team that did most of the previous games.
    Mindweaver says thanks.
  6. Mindweaver

Thanks Received:
    On a side note.. lol TheMailMan78.. hehehe check out your thanks.lol You're Leet! :roll: :roll:

[​IMG]
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Ya i was sick as hell the past few days, so i'm just getting back into it all today. Plus my brother preordered the 360 version of Rage and i gotta actually go soon to pick it up.aggggghh

But ya i was wrong.
  8. Mindweaver

Thanks Received:
    Sweet go pick it up and tell us how it plays on the 360? Is he going to install it on the drive or swap discs?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    He told me he was planning to install it on the drive, which i do think would probably warrant better performance to keep from streaming off the discs.

But if the PC version has texture pop in, then it makes me worry about the Console versions.:ohwell:
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Don't worry about the console version. It should be flawless. This was designed from the ground up as a console game. The PC was an after thought. They said that from day one. If the console version sucks that would be surprising.
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  11. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Good point, im pretty disappointed in that. Rage was one of the games that i was expecting to have to upgrade my system to run, but man, it runs like butter especially since there are no options to play around with in the settings, that just screams console port.:shadedshu

It still looks great overall though, i try not to be picky. lol
  12. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Well that was to be expected. Zetamax wanted a epic console game by "iD". They got it. The game from day one was developed using a 360 controller. They said they were slapping the mouse and keyboard out of peoples hands if they caught them playing with them.

This was never meant to be a PC game sadly. Seriously if I had a console I would get this game for it. And you know how I feel about console FPS.
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  13. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    When ever i see the id logo stamped on a game i always assume the PC version will be tailor made and glorious, Rage took me by surprise(mainly cause i wasn't following it closely enough). They could redeem themselves though if they opened up the PC settings and patched the issues.

Doom 4 should return to their roots as suggested. I just hope Doom 4 will add a bit more of everything, i know it's apart of the storyline theme as previous iterations, but im tired of space stations. lol
  14. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Its rumored to take place on Earth. ;)
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  15. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    Surprised it's not Pandora, everything seems to be called Pandora.
  16. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    Is the game locked at 30 fps? I was playing and my FPS never went above or below 30 frames.

I'm gonna try reverting back to the older 11.8 drivers but at this point the game has way super glitchy graphics. texture popping kills me but the flickering, flashing, and people/items vanishing and reappearing is much worse.

I haven't played more than 25 minutes before I had to hit the sack. Visually (when everything is working) it looks amazing. Controls seem very tight as well.

I can't comment on gameplay yet as I haven't played enough but reading all the negative posts and reviews has me already regretting the buy. BUT I hope I play after work tonight and enjoy it. It looks awesome anyways.

It's very clear that this is a console game first. Even the PC instruction booklet has the 360 controller all over it.
  17. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:
    As a PC gamer first and foremost, I really feel betrayed... The "consolization" of our favorite pastime is now almost complete... PC only studios have given in to the temptation, and joined the dark side...

Rage, a game from id is basically a console port, and Bethesda is only showing 360 footage of Skyrim, one of my most anticipated games in years (although you could argue that the TES series have lately been released for consoles as well, but the PC version would always shine above the inferior console versions)

I fear the worst is yet to come... BF3, you're our only hope :(
  18. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    So from what I gather it is exactly what I expected. Borderlands meets Fallout 3. Another example of iD spending too much time making the game seem "cool" and not enough time giving players a story that makes them want to play.

So I guess all would say I should wait til a good Steam sale and enjoy the combat and enemy diversity.
  19. LiNKiN

LiNKiN Staff

Thanks Received:
    Come on guys its not that bad.

[​IMG]
    pr0n Inspector, erocker and DannibusX say thanks.
  20. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    you guys argue sooooo much over nothing.
  21. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Well we would argue on your hotness but we seen no pics.
  22. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    I play video games. i'm nothing special.
  23. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Then we shall argue about video games then. Problem solved. RAGE Y U NO RUN GOOD!
  24. LDNL

LDNL

Thanks Received:
    Set sail for another console port fail. :banghead: I was really hoping for something to keep me occupied for the next month. Looks like another title I wouldnt even touch with a stick before I start to question why do I even have a decent enough gaming rig pc
  25. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Raging about Rage not being the rage of PC gaming is all the rage!

Stellar.