1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The search for the perfect Full Tower case

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by Yukikaze, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Yukikaze

Yukikaze

Thanks Received:
    It seems my Nzxt Tempest is getting a little cramped with everything I got bolted onto my rig. Especially since I want to switch to a water cooling setup and I see a HD5970 or something of the size heading my way soon.

I need advice about recommended Full Tower cases. The problem is I am a little picky on looks (Even before the lofty expectations I have of the whole thing). A black interior is almost a must, since I run my system with the left panel removed (I always tinker with my comp, and my Tempest is starting to annoy me with the way it looks - It stands on the table to the right of my monitor).

I would also like on the order or six 120mm or 140mm fan mounts (On par with my Tempest for air movement until I switch to water cooling) and the ability to mount a pair of dual rads (or a dual rad and a triple rad, but I am probably pushing it here). A hole to access the backplate of the CPU cooler is an absolute must, as well (My Tempest is driving me nuts here with my Mugen 2) as is the ability to fit huge video cards (HD5970 with room to spare is something I'd like. Fitting the HD5970 is a minimum).

Anyone with any ideas ? I have no real idea how to define a price range, since prices here locally are quite a mark-up over, say, the USA. But I think I can afford something that costs 200-225$ in the USA.

Thanks !

EDIT: LOL. Great. I just noticed there's a nearly identically named thread looking for a mATX case. Opps !

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  2. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Top 3:

Raven 1
    Coolermaster Cosmos
    Corsair Obsidian 800d(slightly over 220 USD)

Yukikaze says thanks.
  3. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If watercooling is the way you are intending to go...... My top 3.....

1. Coolermaster HAF932
    2. Coolermaster HAF932
    3. Coolermaster HAF932
    :rockout:

IMO, the best damn case ever made, Ohhhh and before this I owned the cosmos! A great case with sadly not enuff airflow options .

hers is a linky.......

http://www.coolermaster.co.uk/product.php?category_id=18&product_id=5363

Yukikaze says thanks.
  4. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Seen all 3, and the Obsidian is still sittin on my desk;)

Yukikaze says thanks.
  5. Yukikaze

Yukikaze

Thanks Received:
    Okay. The Raven is awesome for looks and wow factor. But the Obsidian 800D is just perfect.

Thanks everyone for the help. Now I just need someone who sells this thing over here...

6. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Considering you have reviewed more cases this year than any else, this is actually a very good point.

sneekypeet says thanks.
  7. Yukikaze

Yukikaze

Thanks Received:
    Well. The Obsidian is not available here, at all.

What about the Cooler Master ATCS 840 ?

8. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I would then go to a HAF 932/922 or something in the Storm series.

9. twicksisted

twicksisted

Thanks Received:
    i havent read the rest of this thread and am jumping in here... but coolermaster cosmos... by far the best case ive ever owned!

10. Yukikaze

Yukikaze

Thanks Received:
    Okay. I just realized that the Corsair Obsidian 800D, even when ordered from abroad, is still about the same price as a Cosmos S or ACTS 840 locally.

Does anyone know of online stores that will ship this monster to Israel ? I found an ebay seller who will sell it for 296$ and ship it for 99$ (Which is about the price of the ACTS 840 here).

Does anyone know of anyone who will ship it over ? From Europe would be preferred, since it will be most likely cheaper.