1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Spider Bite of a Brown Recluse.

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by TheMailMan78, Sep 15, 2008.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Well we have all seen the pictures online showing the various stages of a bite from a Brown Recluse spider. They are quite disturbing. HOWEVER I am now proud to say I was bitten twice this week by one and the pictures online are pretty damn accurate. The bastard bit me on my thigh and my ass. I now have open wounds about the size of a beer can in both areas with a MASSIVE amount of pain. Living in the near the Keys is wonderful. :laugh:

Word to the wise: NEVER EVER think a box full of old shirts isn't without an owner. Mr. Brown Recluse doesn't like his box to be disturbed. :shadedshu

2. zaqwsx

zaqwsx

Thanks Received:
    Sorry to hear that man. Hope you get better.

TheMailMan78 says thanks.
  3. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Sorry to hear. Got nailed by a baby Black widow, I have a scar on my arm to this day. I ran 102*F fever for a couple of days too.

TheMailMan78 says thanks.
  4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I wish my wife was as sympathetic. I told her since I got bit by a spider and didn't gain Spiderman abilities that a AMD spider platform would do. But somehow she thinks I'm trying to milk this bite thing. I swear chicks don't get it.

I got nailed by one when I was a kid. Damn near killed me. Doc said if I had been bit again by a Widow it would effect me due to the anti-venom my system made from the past bite. So I guess nature had to one up itself with this FU#%ING Recluse attack.

5. jbunch07

jbunch07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    you need one of these bad boys. we sell them where I work, (Sportsman's Warehouse)
    Its an eclectic fly swatter, great for BBQ and cookin out.

6. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    ouch!

7. Gilletter

Gilletter

Thanks Received:
    post some pics of it! lol

8. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    I thought that when I opened this thread I was going to see those damn pictures again, wish it was just those pictures, sucks hearing of a TPU member getting fucked up.

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. jbunch07

jbunch07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    you guys wanna see pictures of this guys ass and thigh. not me. sorry about the bites though! but i would rather not see your ass. :)

10. Gilletter

Gilletter

Thanks Received:
    I just wanna see the carnage, lol... anyway good luck with it man, sounds painful :cry:

11. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:

The Recluse is the only thing I consider to be more venomous and deadly than a widow - we have both around here as well.

I do hope you've been to a doctor by now!

Years ago, I had a friend that was bitten on his thigh, didn't realize what it was at first, and the symptoms didn't start setting in for about a week - that's when he finally got around to a doctor . . . it took weeks before the necrosis came to a halt, and he ended up having to go through extensive surgery to repair the leg muscle and extensive physical therapy to regain use of his leg.

Not a nice spider to have a run-in with.

Hope you'll luck out, man! Keep an eye on those wounds, and keep us posted as well! :toast:

well - you could always show her some pictures of what the bites could turn into - I'd post some . . . but it'd probably be easier for you to goggle it . . . if you really want to see how bad they can get :ohwell:

12. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I have great luck. I was indirectly hit by lighting twice, bit by a black widow, pigmy rattle snake and now a recluse. I even got attacked by a gator one time. I ended up eating it however. But for some reason I cant win the damn lottery! I wonder if God is trying to tell me something.

Also I want to add if yall are wondering how I'm sitting and typing this well I have one word for you. Hydrocodone :rockout:

13. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    We found one in my house once, sprayed all around. That shi is scary.

14. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    I hate little spiders like the brown recluse or black widow. Ehhh!!!

10 Million points folded for TPU
  15. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    These bitches are nasty. My wifr got bitten by one back in June and the area was the size of a softball. It didn't help she was 7 months pregnant at the time as well; had to spend the night in the hospital for observation and IV antibiotics.

If you even THINK you may have been bitten by one of these things, get to the doc immediately!

16. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ouch sorry to hear you got bit. I was bitten in the arm once when i was 10 and had to be rushed to the ER. Seems these things are worse on me than on regular people :( Seriously a horrible spider.

17. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Dude... those are bad as hell... ex fiance got bit by one while I was with her. Dang happy she was still a live.
    I wish the best for ya man. Hope nothing else comes from it! :toast:

18. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    Sorry to hear your luck man, and hope you get better soon. When my daughter was a little over three, my ex-wife and I were cleaning her room. In the toy box found one. Scared the shit out of us so we completely tore her room apart to make sure no more of those brown bastards were laying around. About 2-3 wks after that I was working out in the garage and lets just say I was lucky having my eye googles on. Grabbed one of my jacks to left the car up and out came another one of them and landed right on my googles. I swear I changed my pants twice.

Crunching for Team TPU
  19. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Get well soon and enjoy the benefits of narcotics.

20. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    God I hate it when spiders get up in a car you are trying to fix. I had a black widow building a nest in the wheel well that I happened to be working in. Tore her nest down 4 times and she built it back every time, so I used a dirty little trick that I have. Take a grasshopper, and detach his back legs, then toss him in the web, you wait for her with a can of foaming wasp killer. She comes after the bait and WHAM, problem solved.

21. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I have a simpler solution. Burn it to the ground, then put in an insurance claim. :roll:

22. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    strangly enough ive been bitten by one, went to the doc and all, he dected the venom around the bite, but i was having no reaction, the doc said somehow ive got a natural resistance to there venom and prolly similar venoms, that was fin cool.

Though a rattlesnake still hurts when it bites and i still go to the doc

23. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:

Quit being a cry baby:nutkick:

24. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    We now officially have those in Sweden. Darn this globalization!

25. chron New Member

Thanks Received:
    pics or it didnt happen!!! lol jp

holy jesus I just looked up brown recluse spider bite in google images. What in the HELL!

So what can you do? I mean, are there things the hospital can do to avoid giant scarring?

edit---
    ok so i just read about this. Brown recluse bite is officially a fear of mine.

How bad are your bites? Will you require skin graphs?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008