1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The tale of my new 200€ 8800GT

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by DarkMatter, Dec 14, 2007.

1. DarkMatter New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just (finally) ordered a Gigabyte 8800GT 512MB today, 203€ retail VAT inc. no shipping, it's just 2 underground stations away from home. :D It will be here next week. I saw it at their site yesterday at night and they had 11 in stock. When I called them only 3 and when talking to the guy there were only 2 left, only one after mine was ordered. 5 mins later it would be too late.

I fear that it could be a 256 model tho, because of the price and since it's only listed by a short description (Gigabyte 8800GT 512 MB), no photos or spec sheet, something that happens to all G92 and HDs. It could be a mistake, I just can't believe I have ordered a 8800GT for 200€!! They haven't seen the card, they are a franchise and don't have this cards in store and when they have one of those is for so short time. Well that's the case in all the word I suppose. This cards go straight from Nvidia to customers, sellers don't have time to actually see it!:roll:

But it's a serious store, so it must be right. If it's 256MB, I haven't paid anything yet so...
    And since they don't know which the exact model is, there's also the possibility that it is the one with the Zalman cooler. (Gigabyte has 3 models, 512 reference card, 512 with zalman and 256)
    That would be like :rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout:
    Hey!! Let this man have a dream!!

2. zOaib New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hope for the best , good luck =)

3. Grings

Grings New Member

Thanks Received:
    however short the description, it does still say 512mb, so it must be, nice deal

4. DarkMatter New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks!

Yeah I hope so. It's just that most of the cards here are around 250€, 275€ the OCed ones.