1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

?

Is an independant Scotland going to be bad for the remainder of the Un-United Kingdom?

Poll closed Saturday at 6:55 PM.
  1. Yes without a doubt it would have serious social/economic repercussions

37.5%
  2. Yes but only a marginal effect

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No not at all but would prefer we remain intact anyway

25.0%
  4. No not at all, they can do whatever they want, we will be better off without them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Does anyone outside of Scotland really care anyway?

37.5%
  1. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Oh man, i feel for you. That does sound bad. But yea, if you can't work, you can't get money, so you can't train...

2. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cheers, I'll work my way out of the rut I'm in eventually, but for now its more a waiting game then anything.

3. marsey99

marsey99

Thanks Received:
    hey panther im in a boat much like yours atm m8 and feel your pain :banghead:

@moonpig
    check your lanbox thread for an idea or 2 :thumb:

4. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    You should get Pro at a game, then get sponsored and so forth..

5. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm already pretty much awesome at everything :p

[/sarcasm]

Speaking of boats, at least I've got boat based stuff to do at the moment, might be able to make some pennies repairing and painting the canal boats.

6. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    truth is..people think recession would slowly ends in 18months and think its getting better now?? but if you look in the open world,i don't think it would end in 18months,study in business studies and they probably estimate at least 3-8years or something for recession to end..and hope it doesn't go to a slump,then we would be in biggg trouble.
    Remember people,world war started because of recession; in WW2 the nazi killed the jews because they are in charge of there finances and accouncy but they was in recession so they blamed jews and killed them all,if i have said something bad then i'm sorry =(

7. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Technically it didn't start because of recession. It lead to tensions between countries but Germany was one of the few countries that seemed to be in recession because Hitler had turned the economy around by producing weapons which eradicated unemployment.

Anyway history aside, What are the chances that I leave school and theres a fricken recession, Thats a kick in the balls for me :( For example when I left primary school the school got a massive increase in budget and is incredibly high tech with a huge football park now. When I left high school they got a whole new school and I got a recession :(

I think we should pull a nazi germany and start producing weapons and sell them for money :D

8. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is that not what we're doing with the SA80 once we're finished with it? I know we made a load of SLRs 30 years ago and sold them all to dodgy african countries for a mountain of cash, may be worth repeating... They've got a whole mountain of cadet rifles to dispose of in the near future.

9. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    I'm joining, I live in the UK :D as for bitching.. I'm going to bitch about a woman I know, it was her birthday not long ago and I really didn't want to go but ppl wouldn't leave me alone about it so I ended up going. Anyway this other girl I know kept prodding me like "oh so you DID come" *playfully kicks me* "Doesn't she look attractive tonight?" etc etc etc. For some reason ppl think I fancy the birthday girl.. an its fucking annoying. Sure, said girl has tried shagging me, but I knocked her back every time... shes a real slut, the kind even I wouldn't fuck. Ideas how I can squash the rumors once an for all?

10. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Easy. Tell her it ain't happening. Then again, that will most likely make her want it more. Sorry mate, you have no choice but to fulfill her womanly needs. No other way around it, do your duty. :ohwell:

11. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Punch the girl, right in the face.

Or just be straight up and say your not interested.

The first is more efficient. heh.

12. alexp999

alexp999 Staff

Thanks Received:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie_back_and_think_of_England

:roll:

crazy pyro says thanks.
  13. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    EPIC quote that one!

14. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    well you know what my business teacher said to end recession?? "war" yeah thats what my teacher said "war"..pretty much sending load of people into war and they die= less people and less people=more jobs?? and who actually think footballers deserve over 500k per week just to kick a football around ¬¬ i for one don't think they deserve that much..we people only earn what 20-70k a year?? and they get bloody 150k+ per weekk thats unfair for us ¬¬ and we are providing them there payment by going to there stadium watching them and buying there tops which got sowed up by poor people

15. DrPepper

Thanks Received:
    That was my idea too ... F-U china.

Why not let the rich people stay rich because they will buy so much stuff it will keep some business' afloat. Not that the footballers deserve that amount but it all ends up back in the business' pockets and onto the workers and back to the douchebag footballers.

16. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    you saying china is bad??? its not that its chinas fault,its just companys uses china and other part of asia because labour is cheap..which i find very sad because why do children bust there fingers which they only get paid like 20-50p for 1 pair of football or a top and they go out on sale for £30-40..its really unfair for them and i believe England is blaming immagrants?? for recession and making british people losing there jobs?? well the reason is because its cheap labouring..

17. DrPepper

Thanks Received:
    Actually I was trying to incite WWIII

18. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    if there was a WW3 i would want to freeze myself for 7years until the world is back to normal lol

19. DrPepper

Thanks Received:
    I'd go fight in it. Get some XP maybe rank up a bit.

20. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    i rather not lol,theres no respawn point..one shot or one explosion your dead so i wouldn't want go in war

21. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    You're trained to avoid getting blown up you do realise, the risk of being wounded is a lot lower than you'd think. I know roughly twenty ex-cadets who've joined one of the armed services and only one has even been injured while serving in the sandy places, and that was only a minor injury (most of those guys did join at officer level though).

22. Dice

Dice

Thanks Received:
    thats cos we are only fighting little wars that we can win easliy. wwIII there wouldnt be much time for training.

23. DrPepper

Thanks Received:
    I feel sorry for the guys in WWI who walked straight into machine gun fire and kept going through artillery and MG fire at the same time. Some people did that more than once.

24. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    It won't be us starting WWIII, it'll be t'americans. Then we'll be forced to join in...

I'd be tempted to sign up, but i duno, I'll need to get some hours in on CoH first. V1 rocket anyone?

I can see where this topic is going...

25. DrPepper

Thanks Received:
    It will probably cause the rise of facist britain.