1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Pffftttt our elected leaders have killed more people than Osama has.

( he may beat them when it comes to killing in person though)

Spectrum says thanks.
  2. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Yea didn't we like steal a whole bunch of countries? :laugh:
    Isn't that why the Queen is still wanted for War Crimes in Ireland?

3. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Osama Bin Laden was shot dead in Pakistan Today................

Just goes to show you can actually take the bins out on a Bank Holiday :roll:

He was only buried at Sea because the US asked the Saudi's if they wanted his body for burial (as he is one of them)...... but they refused.

LifeOnMars and scaminatrix say thanks.
  4. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Saudi Arabia kicked Osama out of his homeland ages ago, that's why he lived in Sudan instead. Why would Saudi Arabia want him back?

5. gumpty

gumpty

Thanks Received:
    Take the bins out ... classic.

I reckon they buried him at sea cause they're already pissing the crazy Muslims off enough that they wanted to send a message to Islamic people by at least respecting their beliefs in one way (buried within 24 hours).
    I'm sure they have plenty of footage and pics and DNA from his body to prove the case - but conspiracy theorists will be conspiracy theorists.

6. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Meh. You can rest assured on one thing; if the American Government claim something to be true, then it's a lie :p

I can't believe they tried to say they found a passport belonging to one of the hijackers in amongst the rubble of one of the fallen towers... Only slightly charred :laugh:

7. gumpty

gumpty

Thanks Received:
    'Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.'

8. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    They wouldn't, diplomatic protocols require the offer.

9. Kovoet

Kovoet

Thanks Received:
    I think Blair's gone lol

10. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    :laugh: like it

11. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Has anyone actually looked up Islamic burials?

Sea burials are not the scene thing to do ha ha

They're only last resort kinda thing really, and it's not within 24 hours.

As-long as the body doesn't start to decompose any length of time is fine really.

So popping him in the freezer would of been A.OK.

I've a reckoning that he died years ago and they were just using him to help hype continued occupation ( among other excuses)

12. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    CAUTION - Conspiracy theory post:
    I reckon the opposite - he's still alive - The one person that profited most from the Twin Towers coming down was Bush (because of the value of his shares in the Defence thingy rising through the roof), and Binny was the scapegoat.
    I think Ladel and his whole family are living fine at the moment...

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  13. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nothing wrong with Conspiracy theories as long as your willing to accept other answers ( including the official ones) if they're proven : ]

Conspiracy theories have gotten a bad name due to people believing something and being adamant about it regardless of proofs given etc.

Used to be a good thing to constantly question what you're being told.

14. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Yea, I only believe very few sources, but the thing is, certain Governments seem to really stick their own foot in it - contradicting themselves and defying all sense of Physics with gammy explanations to events lol
    "American Drug War - The Last White Hope" is a good one to watch. An actual Police Officer (Mike Ruppert) was approached by the CIA and was asked to help traffic coke into the country, and had undeniable sources/evidence.
    They're the only sorts of sources you'll catch me believing :p

Some stuff's just funny though... inter-dimensional lizards beings always tickles me :laugh:

15. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Im with the majority of non mentalist US people that think that its a bit of an empty guesture killing Osama Bin Laden. FUCK all will change; someone else will take over as figure head of Al Qaeda, apparently he wasnt even calling the shots anymore rather just a public face. The Insurgency in Afghanistan is a national movement its not connected to Al Qaeda. There are other terrorist organisations and states, probably some will try a revenge attack. The influence it has in the middle east is diminished as proof with the recent uprisings.

I dont understand Americans saying the war on terror is over and they won. As if killing one man made up for the world trade centre attacks. If the whole war in Afghanistan was just about killing Osama then that was an expensive waste of time.

Stupidist shit is that America bankrolled Bin Laden during the Russian invasion in the 80s.

I can accept that he may be dead but right now im on the fence i need more evidence than just aw btw we killed Bin Laden, for example they paraded Saddam like a trophey when they found him!

EDIT: After the world trade centre attacks they sent Bin Laden's family out of the country. HELL America has profited from contracts in Iraq and money laundering, America is a big whore.

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  16. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    well, Sapphire got back to me about trying to obtain a correct bios for my borked 5850....

same response theyve always given me when i have problems with their cards <insert 2 deep fried dead 4870s here>

If they can just give me a bios i could fix the card here and now -_-; now i gotta send it back to the shop

17. MightyMission

MightyMission

Thanks Received:
    Do any of you guys have knowledge on iMacs?
    I was given one and it won't power on but my mate reckons it used to work fine,
    he just shelved it when he got a new one.

18. gumpty

gumpty

Thanks Received:
    You have to pledge your devotion and wallet to Steve Jobs before it will turn on.

19. MightyMission

MightyMission

Thanks Received:
    haha
    I am kinda intrigued as to if its any good,to see what the pull for so many people is?
    Failing that im gonna strip it and see if anything is retrievable before it gets launched into the skip.

20. gumpty

gumpty

Thanks Received:
    If I had the money I'd build a hackintosh as a second rig ... but I don't.

I've not used one since 1992 but I'd be keen to try.

21. Spectrum

Spectrum New Member

Thanks Received:
    THANKS KIERAN BRO! all the pics i've seen look so horrendously photoshopped it's unbelievable... like one with the bottom half of osama's face (the beard, quite blurry and pixelated), with a pale, less blurred top half of head covered in blood...

Way i see it is, the yanks and us lot have been in afghan for 10 years now. we've made no headway in the search for bin laden, and if we can't find him, then there would've been no reason to attack them in the first place IMO. Meaning, our invasion of afghanistan would be illegal, and we'd look really fucking stupid lol

by the way can i just say... the 9/11 casualties are around 3500...
    iraqi soldiers killed in the iraq war : 38,778-70,278 (not to mention civvie casualties of course)
    number of taliban and al-qaeda killed in afghanistan: 38,000+ (again, no civvie casualties)

now that "osama is dead", we've no reason to be there, and we can concentrate on more dangerous countries.. IE north korea and iran.

Last edited: May 3, 2011
    KieranD says thanks.
  22. Spectrum

Spectrum New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol mate, the afghan heroin exports have increased by about 90% since we turned up there :)

23. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Hey if you find any bacon sandwich on the frontlines. send it home for a proper burial.

24. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Why is it libraries will KICK you out if you use a mobile phone while inside but people can make as much noise as they want and not get thrown out??? Currently sitting in the library tapping away on the laptop and theres a group of turkish people talking LOUD like as if their at a friends garden party or something.

how the hell does that work? im not allowed to answer a call on my mobile but yet people here are allowed to scream, shout and make as much noise as they humanly can.

If i got up and started singing god save the queen at the top of my voice. I wouldnt get booted out.

25. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    do it and see what happens:cool:

stand on the table and start singing - sing this from 1:10 onwards http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZThquH5t0ow&feature=player_detailpage#t=70s