1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    What an absolute crock of shit been trying to get on that green man gaming all day and the furthest I have got is putting ArmaII in my basket which has taken ages btw as I keep getting 504 bad gateway and then I finally get bthere and can't get through to checkout, fu*kkikkkkkkk :banghead:
  2. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    ArmA II multiplayer is free to play anyway. The SP campaigns aren't really worth playing tbh. It's a crack sim if you get a load of mates playing with you.
  3. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    NZXT Tempst (original not evo) and possibly my current case Lancool PC K62.
    Should be like £8 or thereabout for each one to ship using a collect and deliver courier.

Just been out and bought the new Liverpool Away shirt and i have to say its a smart looking footy shirt. Similar size to my Scotland shirt which is great (size large). Its roastin' here in Glasgow but apparently its raining in Inverness and the golf was postponed.

Contemplated getting Arma II but fuck it if the servers are overloaded.
  4. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse Crazy Dogmatic Bullsh!t!

Thanks Received:
    No signal = too far away from AP or somethings blocking the AP (too many walls or big buildings in the way)

I have a Edimax EW-7318USg with a 10dBi antenna attached instead of the standard 4dBi attached to the top of a 7ft metal pole for for better signal and
    still nothing. they must have done something to the AP or someones got a house full of microwaves that are on constantly and causing interfering with the signal.

I used to be able to pick up BT Openzone AP perfectly last year.

I even tried to switch to another 10dBi back up antenna i had and still no joy.

no idea what changed
  5. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
  6. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    for that money the hardware is just woeful.

I think it could be more a case of geography then anything else. maybe its a rural area and they are the only people for miles that sell computer gear. who knows.

Dell however has much better offers and the tech is more more uptodate
  7. MightyMission

MightyMission

Thanks Received:
    its got a floppy drive :laugh:
    2011,nearly all mobo's are getting rid of legacy as much as poss,other than OC boards needing a ps2 for k/board..
    not even a monitor...
  8. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    i had to fix 2 PC's that didn't have ps/2 yesterday, i only had 1 usb keyboard...

EDIT: We need more musical genres' named like this --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerviolence
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  9. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone know if I can add Arma II to my steam?. I've finally got a key but looks like I may have to download "Capsule" in order to play it as it doesn't seem to be recognised on Steam as a valid key?
  10. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Your going need to use capsule

Isn't it interesting how tech always brakes right before you really need it?
    LifeOnMars says thanks.
  11. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    I find it funny how ps/2 is superior to USB for using keyboards since you only get full n key rollover on a ps/2 connection.

Just watching T in the Park, my sister went again this year. Just not my thing to crowded for me.
  12. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    And 'the girl who leapt through time' is now my official best movie of all time, if I had to watch just one movie in my life, it would be that movie

Does anyone know what the music from it Is called so i can buy it
  13. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Here your best asking anime questions in the anime club. Im not being rude its just you will have your questions answered better over there.

LOL first comment i read when looking up "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" was "this is one of the only anime that has a good english dub".
  14. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    decided to reinstall vista, and upgrade to 64bit whilst i was at it, whats amazing its that its gone from blank hard drive to now fully functional in about 12 minutes
  15. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    f**k vista. install Windows 7 instead! you'll wish youd done it sooner
  16. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    i've already installed windows 7 3 times this week (been doing my work experiance at a computer place)

And i don't see how its that much better, with this fresh install i'm booting in under a minute
  17. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    USE IT for a week or two then lets see if you say the same thing again
  18. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    i've been using a windows 7 laptop for several months...
  19. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    well for me the difference was as clear as day. maybe on a laptop it might not feel as responses because its using slower hardware
  20. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    its a core i laptop, i know that windows 7 is faster but it doesn't bring many new features and its about £100

If i could get the full install for ~£50 i would do it but at the moment its double the price and i just can't justify that when the money could be spent on an SSD or a better GFX card
  21. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Its a retweaked vista under the hood more or less.

check with some of the tech guys where you are doing work experience. see if they are willing to order you a copy of W7 though the company so you dont have to pay VAT.

they could just tell you to piss off or they could do it for you. as you will be there 2-4weeks with no pay. I had to pay for my own lunch and travel expenses traveling from my house into liverpool street every morning. I heard some of my other friends got paid for their work experience. but youre not supposed to.

youre there to learn but shit costs money dawg.
  22. MightyMission

MightyMission

Thanks Received:
    also if you are a student or have kids in the house,win 7 ultimate 64 is only £55 +/-
    for what its worth i used vista for ages and although its got some nice window dressing,i found it to be far inferior to win7,and one helluva memory hog too.

aren't we due a sync'd avvie change?
  23. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    Hey, is there a UK user that is interested in a Kindle?
  24. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    So far i've only found upgrade copies of the education version (or whatever they call them)

they've got upgrades here --> http://www.software4students.co.uk/...ampaign=June_28th_newsletter&utm_medium=email for £40

Yes, but unfortunately i have very little money at the moment

Overall the problem is not getting a cheap copy but getting a cheap copy that's NOT upgrade
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  25. Millennium

Millennium New Member

Thanks Received:
    I bet vista with 8gb would be faster multitasking then windows 7 with 4gb. I say spend your money on memory if you need it and ABSOLUTELY an ssd if you dont have one. Great upgrade. Better then the memory.

My 2600k import fell through now I'm thinking of getting a 2600k + video card maybe :) Can get a 2500k for £130 on ebay... but why not spend the extra £50 now and get a kick ass top end CPU right? right? :)

I am just gonna see how much CPU i can get a game to use on my current setup :)