1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

?

Is the UK the most damn fine & dandy place to live?

1. Yes without a doubt

14.3%
  2. Yes but only with a cup of Earl Grey

14.3%
  3. Would be better with a half decent government

46.4%
  4. No it's crap!

25.0%
  1. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    L98A1, you were probably one of the people who were told about the A2 long before any paperwork was even written for it...

@Kieran, you don't need to tell me guns aren't toys, literally the first thing we learnt "Never point a weapon not even in jest", it tends to stick when you've seen someone's hair get burnt with the hot gases out the end of an LSW (someone fired half a magazine of blank rounds through the BFA into the guy's head by accident).
    How many of you lot have actually been cadets at some point or another/ are joining one of the 3 armed services (the marines don't count, they're navy. I don't care what CVQO/ Edexcel say).
  2. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    haha dude im talkin years ago when i just left high school a quite bout two year ago my grouping was either a two pence peice or one pence crnt remember, and we had a single and semi-auto from what i remember. I joined thinking it would help me get into the raf but in the end i chose to persue music, i wantd to be in search and rescue
  3. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG] I want one of these babys - Barrett M82A1 50.cal.

'If' i was an American thats what id have, next to that Id have a H&K MP7 sub as secondary & a Sig Saur 232 as a side arm. - obviously with that sort of load out id have to be a robot to carry it all. guns & ammo alone.
  4. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    I'd have these:

[​IMG]

and:

[​IMG]

and a shot from my CSS:

[​IMG]
  5. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    If i was American id move to another country maybe like Canada, yes a very below the belt joke.
    I dunno if id own a gun for protecting the house i mean i do fine without one here. No one needs an assault rifle thats overkill unless a mob comes over or your taking on an army lol. Seriously if you NEED a gun that is more a problem of society come on there cant be that many burglaries that justify having an arms cache most Americans treat it like a hobby.
    Hows a gun gonna help you if your burgled while away from the house?

Im more scared about knife crime tbh.

Ive never seen anyone get shot in the head doesn't sound to nice.

Air rifles should be banned, a guy i know got shot with one at rouken glen golf course hit him right in the leg pierced the skin had to remove it in hospital and fucked his leg for a few weeks. Ive heard people died from burst organs due to air rifles.

Oh yeah im a spoil sprt but i dont feel its fun or cool.

Manslaughter thinking about it shouldnt apply to shooting and killing people for protection, they pre determined that they would shoot a person for burglary ect so if its PRE DETERMINED it means they meant it which is murder. Not like Manslaughter which an accident and such.

Here may as well ask her i have a sata 1 dvd drive but the hard drives are sata 2, i want to enable AHCI but i think that coz the dvd drive is sata one its not allowing it?
  6. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Speaking of knife crime today, infact an hour ago me and my cousin were stopped by two gypsies armed to the teeth with knives and asked us where there fucking car was we said ask them over there they might know and 10 minutes later there is a massive fight was epic.
  7. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    lol Pepper.

Knife crime is baaaad. A friend of mine got stabbed once... was NOT a good week for me.

.... why am I up this late? Q_Q
  8. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Why don't marines count :eek: I'm going to the navy in like 7 days.
  9. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Ive been threated with a knife before. guy was all talk - he just walked away in the end. but of course if he did stab me i might not be here right now & i also might not be talking like im jackie chan.
  10. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    worst thing about knife crime is the fact the blades are so easy to find, if your in a place with no people around you can fucking bleed to death

people i see in glasgow have fucking massive chib scars, like its normal stuff

least its not as bad as gunchester (manchester) they have real guns and converted replica which can be fucking dangerous as it wasnt meant to be fired

im not botherd if anyone was like in cadets its just a place to meet mates i understand that
    marines are hardcore most people cant take the training or dont meet criteria SAS is even harder to get into
  11. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    Marines are part of the navy therefore they are not their own armed service, Edexcel/ CVQO treats it as a seperate service when you're doing the BTEC First Diploma in Public Services.
    Kieran, you forgot the SBS (They only exist when they're needed and are more shit hot than the SAS thanks to being the best in the marines).
    Replicas are bloody stupid, same goes for knives.
  12. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    1 thing for sure is you can't get a decent £500 laptop anymore in stores and you have to do crazy internet searching
  13. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    Netbooks? Not in terms of performance perhaps but they're brilliant bits of kit for the price.
  14. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    i'm not really interested in netbooks,i'm looking for a laptop for around £300-400 with a decent gfx to play l4d and css,don't want super power one since i got my desktop and i'm be using the laptop for chilling out downstairs and doing coursework etc in sixth form
  15. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh right, fair play then. I'll have a quick scout around for you but I doubt I'll do too well.
  16. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    i'm mainly looking for a laptop with a 3200 graphic card or better..and i found one for 346 and nows its not on sale anymore bloody mum...
  17. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, I'm not gonna get a chance to look now after my dad's brilliant idea of going for a 2 hour walk to look for presents for my cousins.
  18. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
  19. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I am not British, but bloddy hell, tea and crumpets!!!
  20. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    scrap all the big guns, id just park this on my drive...

[​IMG]
  21. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
  22. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    I sense thread de-railing again... lol...

Freedom, what settings you have that Q9550 at?
  23. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    dont forget that england LOVES cricket and PIMMS, btw why is it americans assume we talk and act like its the victorian era or 1700s the revolution happened get over it

its alright the scots are sitting in a beer garden eating pub food maybe a bbq and drinking tennants lager(horrible but its popular) and whisky!
    then off to watch scotland get gubbed at football against some small time nations
    back to the pub inside for another boozing adn some pool or the fruit machines

older guys like to put on a punt at the bookies

in scotland the most popular thing is pub or a house party or a booze in the house some crap tv and football/golf

if your hardcore clubbing up town is usually popular, hardcore lol there are places that play a lot of indy shite too
  24. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:

lol, i guess cause most of us stereotype and assume like that how you all you act.
  25. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    I hate the stereotyping thing... It's bad when im watching Family Guy or something and an English fella comes on, surprise surprise - Big teeth and a damn posh accent!

We can all stereotype, tbh American are the easiest....