1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm going door to door with curry powder to find the next person who links me to a youtube video...

2. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    KieranD says thanks.
  3. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
  4. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I use to date a hot goth chick from cornwall....then she dumped me using the 'distance' excuse. then the next thing I found out she was dating a guy 30-45mins on the tube away from me....please dont mention cornwall

5. aCid888*

aCid888* New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm surrounded by accents; mainly Canadian and fake French ones (Quebec speaks what they term "French" but its mainly fucked up)......kind of strange when I speak good English without an heavy accent to hear so many different sounding people and so many languages all in one place, plenty of Russian, Polish, Greek, Asian and Jews here. :nutkick:

Canada is a sharp contrast from England...so many random things here it makes your head spin half the time. :laugh:

6. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
  7. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    not a bad deal at all. half the price of a Logitech G9, good find.

8. mc-dexter

mc-dexter New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've NEVER used a gaming mouse... i really don't know what the diffrence is, obviously it would be slightly faster response times... anything else?

9. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    you can change the DPI settings of the mouse by pressing a small button on the mouse and you can adjust it on a programme,better built quality? thats all i could think of advantages of gaming mouse and it has a nice chasis

10. mc-dexter

mc-dexter New Member

Thanks Received:
    To be honest i spent £6 on my current mouse... IF it ever breaks im going to go get another exactly the same, it's wiireless and i've dropped it so so so many times, and i've had it about 2 year now... it's really great to say it's a cheap one.

11. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    not this argument again LOL, for starters the laser in a gaming mouse is usually a lot more powerful then the standard mouse. which means that buy tuning up the DPi you can have less physical moment for more ingame movement which is crucial for games such as FPS's & even more important for people who love run around with an MG & spray bullets in a random direction & kill 5 people without even looking & then have the crosshairs back to center in less then a blink of an eye.

People have always argued strongly against 'gaming grade' hardware but the just as many people have argued that gaming gear actually makes a difference. it just depends on the persons own personal tastes & the game hes playing. Ive used a load of standard mice in the past, both the trackball & laser variations but Ive never looked back after i bought a Logitech G7 & later on upgraded to a Logitech G9

12. mc-dexter

mc-dexter New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wasn't going to start an argument/debate about it, i was just curious to the diffrences. :)

13. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I know you werent but topics like these usually esculate. since both parties feel strongly about it.

14. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    lol i know what you mean freedom,like my thread with standard keyboard difference to "gaming" keyboard,i've got myself a intellimouse explorer 3.0 which is an optical but its a nice mouse i am looking for a laser mouse maybe for my laptop

15. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    none of them are actually "gamer" mice just ones used as that, you can get logitech mice they arnt even labled as "gamer" mice but a lot of gamers use them

these type of mice usually have a high dpi, customisable controls a specific grip and feel, usually extra buttons that are customisable, software, possible gold plated connection eh anyone got anything else to add

im sure you can find that in a non "gamer" branded mouse too so thats why i never call em "gamer"

like how can you get a "gamer" case or a "gamer" set of ram?

EDIT: the only thing i can say is the best way to test it is to use it that way you will be sure of the grip and sentivity instead of relying on a review which may be ones personal feelings or preference
    sure reviews will tell if its technical crappy or flimsy but feel and touch are difference

16. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Oh god a mouse arguement that I missed :p I've been messing about with a mamba for a wee while and I'm underwhelmed :(

17. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Mamba??? the £120-130 mouse?? fuck it man, i want your job. I thought, paying £65 was a lot for a mouse but jesus, £120 you have to be kidding me

18. mc-dexter

mc-dexter New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nah man, anymore than £35 - £40 for a keyboard & mouse (set) is more than enough for my liking :p

19. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    It's not worth the price. I prefered my MX revolution more. Although it is much more comfortable.

20. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    were talking about just £120-130 for a mouse lol. I think the most expensive K&M set ive bought to date was the old Logitech MX3000 set from Hong Kong. I think that set worked out to roughly around £60+ too. i cant remember. I loved that keyboard but it was costing me a fortune on AA batteries & even my rechargeables werent safe. I bought a pack of what i think were 2500mAh rechargable batteries & they lasted fairly long but by the time my keyboard & mouse set got through them then wouldnt even last 2-3weeks. & thats supposedly another reason why I put my Logitech G7 away. got sick of changing battery packs every 6 hours in the middle of a gun fight.

but the G7 is now for laptop use. - thats if i ever get mind repaired or get a new one.... :banghead::banghead: & my kinda of laptops aint cheap

21. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    i could use my old logitech optical mouse but i don't like how its really flat,i'm used to the curve for your palm and the small curve on left side for your thumb.
    Maybe i should buy another one for £14 or buy a OCZ behemoth from ebuyer for £15.36
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/163802

22. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    cheap as chips

23. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    says you and your gundams lol

24. Nick259

Nick259

Thanks Received:
    Alright, count me in. I'm a bit late to the party tho but never too late to join :)

I'm Nick..intoduction over, time to bitch and whine!

Credit crunch sucks!!!!!! My rich tea biscuits now cost me £1 when they used to cost 70p :shadedshu, I don't even eat rich tea biscuits but grrrr i'm British!!!!! Although the currency is getting stronger against the USD, about 3 months ago it was £1 = $1.45, now it's £1 = $1.65, but I still think back to the glory days of £1 = $2 :( oh I need some tea and crackers :D

sorry i've been having too much sugar in my tea lately, oh the stress of being British :eek:

25. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    i wish my laptop comes today >.>