1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, I think I am settled on the one I linked, have hinted to the mrs already :laugh: like I say I am no photographer but I would like something more than the bog standard click and shoot automatic digital cameras, this seems to be a nice compromise of both types and hopefully having some manual settings will keep me occupied as I find digital cameras boring though really want to take more photos of my family

2. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    I didn't say I wanted DSLR I said I dont have money for DSLR and am not into photography that much to justify it, damn you man, read, READ DAMN YOU :slap: :roll:

3. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    couldn't find better for the price, looks like a good camera. i personally take a panasonic/nikkon/canon but that is down to preferance

4. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Shut up you said SLR not bridge camera.

EDIT: I would go for something else the low light performance puts me right off.

5. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    You shut up I said I would like SLR BUT I only have £150 max budget and I am not that into photography so I am looking at....... :laugh:

Yea but for the price I am hard pressed, could you recommend anything for the same price range?

Defo think a bridge camera is the way to go as they have a little bit more about them than simple point and shoot but don't cost £400+ as a good DSLR will set me back.

6. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG] ...you wont get a DSLR at that price and are better off with a bridge camera or rather that's what i said in my previous post.

EDIT: I'll have a look but the only other camcorder i saw was another Fuji (FinePix S200EXR) with a shittier video quality but a bit better photo quality.

7. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    I know, I said I would like one BUT hence I posted the one I did (we could do this all night lol ;) ), and videos not an issue, I mean I might use it now and then, but on the whole it would be primarily for photos only

8. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/ca...pact-cameras/nikon-coolpix-l120-939597/review

Nikon Coolpix L120, long review but another alternative.

EDIT: I know your taking the piss so dont bother because ill report you for baiting me, I said "bridge camera is your best bet tho." because i knew that was in the price range you stated. I am actually trying to help you out here. If in the end you go with the original camera you posted fine but at least take a look at some others first bro.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ..._14419441|Bridge digital cameras|26695350.htm

£129.99 for the Nikon Coolpix L120.

Cant find much about the Fujifilm Finepix S3200 so i dont know how different it is to the S2950.

What about something compact like a Panasonic Lumix? You can get ones with 10x or 12x zoom.

Some of the digital cameras are just as good as a bridge minus the long zoom, the zoom on some bridge is wasted on a smaller sensor so you dont get the same detail at those long ranges but you might need a longer x zoom which a compact digital camera cant offer anyway if you see my point? LOL

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
    NdMk2o1o says thanks.
  9. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    I wasn't taking the piss and am in the process of reading the review you posted and taking it as a consideration, you would know if you are familiar with my posts I don't troll bait so no need to get paranoid mate :toast:

I honestly don't have much of a clue so any help is appreciated ;)

Moreso, I wouldn't bait anyone in the UK clubhouse of all places as I come here to get away from the rest of the numpties :toast:

10. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Curse them Americans and their American ways and their Muscle Cars and their Wendys burger diners and their American'ess :rockout::rockout::rockout:

11. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    FFS freedom, just dirtied my monitor man, cant you change that avatar? :roll:

12. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    £20 and I'll change it

13. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    I want 10mins with the avatar for £20 lmfao :laugh:

14. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    edited my last post

15. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    man what an insult!! Is that all shes worth to you??? just look at those eyes!!! Look at that cleavage!! :roll:

16. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    I'll pay her a treat to Mcdonalds.

17. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

18. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  19. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I bet its cuz your a shit cook

20. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    Why of course i am got problem with that?

21. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Yes!!!

#1 Youre Chinese

#2 your parents own a take away van thing
    ----

One would expect the apprentice to pick up something from the master or are you that 'good-for nothing' son that parents always look down upon?? (im just messing:p:p)

22. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    Just because i'm chinese doesn't mean i know how to cook stereotypically i see,fact is parents cook dinner so i make no effort to learn right now.
    Got problem with that blud?

And as for your other comment i got nothing to say,if i was good for nothing why would they bother with me in 1st place so logic fails,yeah i can tell your messing.

23. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Well my parents always cook dinner too, but that doesnt mean i havent done the same for other people before.

Of course my skill is nowhere near head chef level but I havent killed anyone yet (and before you all jump up and shout "beans on toast" No - its not, Its something more complicated then that)

being able to cook can be a powerful tool, and if used correctly, it will get you laid. (speaking from personal experience ;) )

Or it can be used to show someone how much you really love and care about them - sorta like a romantic gesture which then might lead to getting laid.

I dunno bro - I just like to cook.

----

I was gonna say, the only reason they bother with you is because youre their only son and they gotta make do, but i know you have a brother so that doesnt work.

Why so serious?

24. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Lucky b**tards, I have to cook myself, and occasionally cook for my lazy flatmates, AND do the washing up after that for them. Living sans maids parents is a bit more hard work. At least it trains me for future life with slave driver wife.

25. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    U mad blud?? I'm not serious at all lol and no i'm not the only child of the family lol.
    And as for me..i hate cooking. I'll give you a big bowl,go get yourself some cereal have a nice breakfast.
    [​IMG]
    @Four yeah it does,which is why i don't understand my parents concept of not allowing me to move out to go uni,how else can i learn to take care of myself if i keep living at home.