1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    that's because here in the UK we realise that Black Friday and Cyber Monday aren't real days, their just made up by shops to try and make us buy stuff

The shopping deals on Friday and Monday in my opinion were worse then the deals I saw this weekend and the week before

Best buys closing down sale is good though, it's just a percentage off the normal price when you add it to the basket and type in the code

2. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Thats my point though, if they are going to offer stuff for us to buy make it an incentive rather than just price low the crap no one wants. Some decent sales to entice people that wouldn't normally spend, stimulate the economy and all that.

Same with boxing day but at least thats a real holiday.

3. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    This is just a thing that's drifted in from america, it's all a big Scam anyway

That said i manage to pick up a receiver and some speakers in Best buys closing down sale so it's not all bad

4. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Hows its a scam?

5. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    The retailers have a tendency to raise their prices the day before hand and/or advertising things as money off when they are actually charging the price they normally charge

EDIT:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  6. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Just watching Human Centipede 2, daymn it's hard to get off to this... I will persist though!

7. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I'm getting a sapphire 6870 1gb referance card, on tues/weds. I sold my xfx 6850 to a mate for £60 and am buying the 6870 off Mitsirfishi for £80 (thx bud) I considered it a worthy little upgrade for £20.

I also bought my corsair f60 ssd off Mitsirfishi for £50 too so thx to him for that as well. A trusted trader.

8. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Awww... I want a HD6850 :'(

9. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I'm sorry bud, if I had no buyer I would have offered it on tpu.

10. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You can have a 6950 fully flashed to 6970 that works sometimes :laugh:

11. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Why sometimes, I recall you (or possibly Scam?) mentioning about going to the green side for a change, would consider a trade if so, though the whole " works sometimes" thing dont sound that great :laugh:

12. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Why on earth do people buy multifunction printers?

13. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    Limited space, disabilities, convenience, stupidity? Printers fuckin' suck anyroad. I'm just finishing some overtime fixing 3 MFDs.

FU Epson!

14. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    That's the point, the printers are rubbish, i decided that i was fed up with all the dots and distortions my multifunction printer was giving me, so i found an old HP scanner from 2003, and went experimenting

Imagine my suprise when i end up 20 minutes later, with a 347 Megapixel image :eek:

15. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    There isn't a single bit of that sentence that reassured me... lol.

16. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    I have a question for you clever gits.

I've went to the shop next to my house for close to 15 years because of it's convenience etc and I get on well with the owners.

The owners decide to close up shop from Spar to Nisa. They do this in order to get a government grant for setting up new business. Anyway all of a sudden they have decided to levy a charge of 70p for every transaction that uses a debit card. They have also decided to levy a charge of 70p if you do not buy groceries from them. Now in a week our family would easily spend 20 - 30 in this shop. My mum and dad both smoke hence why.

Yesterday I decided I've had enough of this and said flat out I refuse to pay for not buying groceries from their shop and they had no reply for this. I know that charging for debit card usage is legal but charging a customer for not buying something I think is illegal. Anyone know if I am right ?

17. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm... I don't think it is illegal but it sure is cuntish. They reserve the right to refuse sale for whatever reason I know that, but for charging for not buying specific goods, that doesn't make sense.

18. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    I had three 2GB 6950's, all reference, all flashed to 6970, I sold 2 of them and since then I got a 560Ti and a 570, sold the 570 and kept the 560 because i was so impressed with it, at 1040mhz it is faster than the 570 was alebeit clocked 190mhz higher.

The last 6950/6970 works most of the time but on the odd occasion it artifacts then goes blank screen...... if i reboot most often it works again, I probably did something when I put a gelid icy vision cooler on it, although I had them on the other 2 without problems.

Dr pepper...........

it is in fact illegal to make a charge for something that does not exist, every time you buy something, by handing over the money you enter into a contract with the seller, if there is no item then there can be no contract which makes the transaction illegal, you need to inform your local trading standards people what is happening and let them investigate, at no time will they inform the shop who made the complaint, pop in your postcode here to find out your local office...........

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/advice/consumer-advice.cfm

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  19. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    I've noticed that the artifacts I get (when the core & RAM clocks are high) are temp related. Would you recommend the Gelid cooler?

20. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    I love it, for the price it is very effective and pretty easy to fit, the only downside is that there is no PWM control for the fans so you either need to run them at 100% or use a fan controller. At 100% the fans are about as noisy as the reference cooler at around 45% but the card was idleing at 27C and never got past the mid 50's...... when running them at about 50% the idle was about 33C and max at load around mid 60's.

If your interested i might have a spare, although you would probably need to get a pack of ramsinks.

21. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    You can get a adapter that connects to the cards fan connector then you connect the fan to that, for pwm control.

22. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    But surely the wiring for the first piece (the gelid cable) does not have the wireing so how would that work?

23. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Tatty_One says thanks.
  24. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    Might have that in the box then lol as there are a couple of cables in there.

25. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Got a Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 and 2500k set up in my rig now. Nifty cpu, loads up everything at startup a lot faster. Got the speeds set to stock as its around 40c with the xiggy cooler.

THX is just some software i thought it was something built into the onboard sound. BIOS reset button on the IO panel is handy.

I slated AMDs mounting scheme but it takes a min to get it attached even if its hard to position the cooler on AMD compatible coolers. MY GOD the screw things i tried to use are horrible! Even the push pins i endup using where difficult to get tight. Took literally a couple of hours of swapping brackets before i just lucked it with the push pins. Seems simple but for no reason one of the pins would not tighten and the screw bracket things just dont work on this motherboard.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011