1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Snow, please.

2. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    I want another week or two without, once the ball & chain has gone home to see her folks then it can snow for months.

;)

3. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    The snow in Glasgow can get tae, i hate slush. Oh just wait till the novelty factor wears off and people start acting like they cant handle it.

4. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Kieran, How are you finding your sandy build? Nice boost in certain games....any problems?

KieranD says thanks.
  5. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    time to put my 'new' hard drives in ;) got a 750Gb+640Gb going in!!

6. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    There's no novelty with snow. It's awesome from start to finish.

7. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Snow = good
    Slush = bad
    Ice on road in London = nothing moves = good

I am actually enjoying a the refreshing drop in temps, I want my snow

8. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Why? so she cannot get back to you? :laugh:

9. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    Something like that. I need some me time. As in; taking my rig apart and making a mess around the flat. As they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

10. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    I can only dream of what a week without the mrs. would feel like :(

11. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Man, I am serious fucked off. Shitsung sent me back a duff drive :mad::mad:

The god damn platter on the thing spins so fast its creates its own fucking magnetic gravitational field and it hums LOUDER then any vibrator my girlfriend/ex-girlfriends have ever owned that ive come across. the vibration the spinning platters make is so rediculous you could hotwire a PSU to run it and pleasure your other half all night with it.

and the worst fucking thing is ive been left hanging as Samsung have shutdown their RMA dept while they hand over to Seagate so i cant chase them up about it. the only thing i can do is contact the RMA center in surrey that handled my RMA.

BUT SINCE I NO LONGER HAVE AN RMA NUMBER - THEY WILL SIT THERE AND DO NOTHING.

I DONT WANT A FAILGATE HDD.

I could sell it on Ebay, but the buyer might complain also. all i can do is wait for the handover with Seagate to complete then apply for another RMA in the hope they send me a back something that doesnt vibrate enough to hover by itself.

If they send me back a seagate - I can flog it on fleabay. Im not touching that rubbish.

Merry fucking christmas to you too Samsung!

12. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    Don't get me wrong I love my girlfriend whole heartedly but she's constantly in my face. Having some me time works both ways & we'll both be better for it.

13. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Angry pissed off emails have been sent to the rep who handled my RMA for Samsung...

I bet hes gonna tell me theres nothing they can do until samsung/seagate finishes doing their dirty business behind the bikeshed.

I need a stiff drink.

14. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    I don't want any snow until February just because i know i'm be 2x more lazy and avoid school work if it snows.

15. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    I am so fucking annoyed with Dabs and now remember why I stopped using them, has anyone else had the "security check in progress" status after pacing an order? I get it all the time, and infact only returned to Dabs tonight cause ebuyer are being a bunch of tossers too, I need to order components for a friends rig and this is pissing me right off, just spoke to my bank too to confirm my identity cause after cancelling the 1st order, my Visa verification didn't go through, I believe this is something to do with me getting flagged when I try and order from Dabs and although my bank verified my details and told me to replace the order and try again in 5mins I get the same fucking "security check in progress" status on the order, just sent them an email, doubt I will get anywhere though this doesn't seem to be an isolated incident and googling brings up other forum posts of people who constantly have the same problem, here's a copy of the email I sent them::

What you think, the DPA shit will work and I will get some kind of explanation from them or just get fobbed off??? fucking fuming :mad:

16. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Well I wont ever attempt to order from dabs then, I hope you get it sorted.

17. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Double post but no post count in clubhouse so wth.

Am flabbergasted, I got a reply back in 10 mins and not just an automated one, here have a look and there's my follow up to it (start from the bottom):

18. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    Nicely done dude, hope you get the result you want.

19. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have always found personally with Dabs, whenever I have had an issue they always come good, just frustrating when it takes a while.

20. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    I've only been ordering my components from Scan just because i know i can reach to their customer service rather quick than like ebuyer.
    Even though some of them are rude but i managed to get through to them 3 times in less than like 5 minutes. Two for RMA which got provided quickly too and 3rd for refund.
    Also my cousin can go to their stock since he doesn't live that far from there HQ.

21. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    What you ordered? :p

22. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    Oh a lot...a Whole computer build 3 times,hard drives,graphics card,power supply,cases and a motherboard and CPU.
    The last things i got exchanged was my motherboard and cancellation of a ordered SSD was quick and quick respond to provide RMA refund for a 2.5" hard drive.
    All from phone calls.
    Not to mention i have free next day delivery with them and they always provide tracking so its been smooth transaction for me and good customer service,with a bit of a stroppy call service.

23. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    I read that wrong. Thought you said you had just made an order :(

24. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Works like a champ. Even at stock its a bit smoother in Skyrim and BF3. Hope i can replace the cooler i have and try for at least 4.5ghz 24/7 clocks. I think the cache or something is helping load Football Manger load a lot faster.

I have on Intels version of cool and quiet, goes down to 1.8ghz and ridiculously low volts at desktop and just ramps up to stock whenever a load is detected. Works a hell of a lot better than AMDs interpretation.

That's how i read it too :wtf:

AH fuck the weather, on top of the snow there is now a weather warning (wind) for this part of Scotland. All the Schools in East Renfrewshire are shut so my sister is off school today. I cant leave the house either because of the weather warning.

What i always say is you dont get if you dont ask. I dont listen to any one persons opinion on a company anymore because people can have one shite experience and put someone else off, if there is a majority of people having problems then i will avoid.

More error messages for my Seagate hard drive. I think there are bad sectors. Cant replace it with prices being as they are but fortunately its not dead yet, i can view and copy stuff from it but i dont want to write anything to it.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
    scaminatrix and LifeOnMars say thanks.
  25. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    This. I've had nothing but good things from eBuyer and Dabs, even when I've been a very difficult customer. Dabs are my favourite as they send a courier to pick up any RMA items from your house or workplace, which is convenient. I've had numerous HDD's RMA'd through them; one time I had it dropped off ast the same time that they picked the old HDD up. They ony did that once though, the other times it takes about a week for the replacement to arrive.

I like to be a difficult customer to test customer service :p FreedomEclipse knows how difficult I can be :laugh: No receipt, no proof of purchase, no e-mails to confirm purchase, but I still want an RMA!!!

KieranD says thanks.