1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

?

Is an independant Scotland going to be bad for the remainder of the Un-United Kingdom?

This poll will close on Sep 20, 2014 at 6:55 PM.
  1. Yes without a doubt it would have serious social/economic repercussions

42.9%
  2. Yes but only a marginal effect

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No not at all but would prefer we remain intact anyway

28.6%
  4. No not at all, they can do whatever they want, we will be better off without them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Does anyone outside of Scotland really care anyway?

28.6%
  1. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
  2. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    well that's pic's not from my pc but the reason I haven't upgraded my main pc to 7 yet, is because having other PC's in my house running windows 7, I don't think the difference between the 2 is big enough to justify the price of windows 7.

or simply put, I have better things to spend my money on then making my desktop look nice

3. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    And there was me thinking it was due for worldwide release in April! They finished filming it last summer.

4. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Just 10 days now and i can start back at the gym, lol.

Not going to start during all this drinking :p

5. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    THIS

[​IMG]

Finally arrived through the post from Bit-tech.

Its a nice bag - Retails for about $65 in the U.S according to Orgio - the brand that makes the bags.

you can buy the bag for around £32 here in the UK.

not bad for answering a really simple question. Pitty I had to chase them up and hassle them to get it sent out. The winners were announced on the 29th Nov and ive just recieved the bag today after a bit of poking and prodding around their forums and staff email page - And no, I didnt spam their inbox's with messages. 1 message went to a guy on the forums, 3 posts in the forums - 1 being a dedicated thread on what was going on, and 1 email went to a member of the editorial staff who forwarded my details on to the guy who handles the podcast. so I was hardly up in their face about it. I just wanted to know what was going on after not hearing from them for more then 2 weeks.

Or maybe I'm just an impatient bastard and I always want things NOW.

::EDIT::

the bag itself actually has a Corsair Vengeance logo on it - will take a pic in a moment

::EDIT 2::

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  6. cheesy999

Thanks Received:

You went through a lot of trouble for something you could probably get in PC world for about £10 if you didn't care about the name/badge on the side of it

7. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Correction.....I went through a lot of trouble to get something for FREE. lets see you get something of this caliber for free from PCworld without making a fuss - which means no accusing the staff of ripping you off or rape as thats 'a lot of trouble'

----

This is a GOOD QUALITY bag - similar to some of the messeger bags some cycle couriers around london use. What has PCworld got??? cheap shit like PCline and Belkin - Belkin can make quite decent bags actually. I got one of them too!

8. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    there's the problem, can't be done without making a fuss

9. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    also lets see pcworld give you something worth £30-40 for free even with all your bitching and belly-aching. They are just not going to do it, it would be like getting blood from a stone. you would end up going through a lot more trouble then I did to get anything at all.

10. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, you have no chance, the best you can get out of PC world normally is about 20% off

I already have like 3 laptops bags for some reason, they just seem to give them away when you buy computers

11. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, cheap branded ones....If its not made by Belkin, then its some crap like Targus.

I own a few laptop bags - one by belkin, a nice Samsonite from that I bought for something like £65 while travelling Hong Kong as it was heavily discounted and I managed to negotiate the price down even further :p and now this Orgio/Corsair one.

after seeing the bag, my dad wants it for what i think is his 15.6" or 17" sony laptop. but I already gave him my expensive Samsonite bag to borrow until he gets his own one, but he never did and I never asked for it back, so he currently thinks the bag is his.

12. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    While I've used my laptops bags a few times the only thing they haven't actually carried is a laptop, I always just carry the laptop, the laptop bag normally ends up carrying food or something

13. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I usually use a really really old NorthFace backpack to carry my laptop - that was until i got a more portable laptop instead of my old 14.1" dinosaur that weighs as much as some 15" dell Inspiron's

I still use it, depends if im travelling by bicycle or on the tube. I'll probably start using the new bag a lot more though as the strap is a lot more comfortable then my belkin and Samsonite bags

14. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Only laptop i've ever had to carry anywhere is a 15" HP, but it's only 2.5KG so no problem there

15. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cheesy, I meant to put it in the competition thread but as I see you're on here CONGRATULATIONS on the awesome card you have won. I hope you have no probs with it and can join us in the (limited but awesome) DX11 world of PC gaming :)

cheesy999 says thanks.
  16. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    alls not lost my son - as a sign of good faith and christmas spirit, Cheesy is giving it away free to a random UK Clubhouse member. ;););)

fear not!

LifeOnMars says thanks.
  17. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Thank you

What I'm really looking forward too isn't DX11 (i only have 2 games that use it) but the fact that the graphics card has an awesome sound card built into it (5.1 channel surround sound here I come)

That said it's the steam sale is on at the moment so I will probably end up with a load of new games I can test out on it anyway

18. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    my old 14.1" used to weigh 2.3Kg, but i used to carry a lot of other stuff in my bag and if youre out hiking, walking or cycling around london for 3-4hrs the combined weight of the laptop and all the other crap i carry especially for cycling usually starts killing my back.

I like the fact that the laptop feels solid and can deflect a tank shell but its too much of a back breaker after walking for a few hours.

19. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    That's actually something I look for when I buy electronics, I'm fed up with things like my Ipod where the paint's cracked off and it's full up with dents after the first year

20. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I reckon the dell xps i found could deflect a tank shell, it weighs 57lbs

21. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    I don't think weight has much to do with it as I'm far heavier then that and at this precise moment i'm still not 100% sure i'm even bullet proof

I think it's more to do with build quality

22. HUSKIE

HUSKIE New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is the longest processing delivery i've ever experienced, one of the courier until now still waiting Very good company

Date Time Status
    22/12/2011 21:05 Processed at Depot
    22/12/2011 20:20 Receipt at Depot
    17/12/2011 13:56 Collected
    16/12/2011 05:32 Pick-Up Request Manifested

[​IMG]

23. Millennium

Millennium New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's an old quote, yes, but strangely...

I have the exact same amp connected to a Xonar DX by optical :) It works well, and while dolby digital live is great, DTS passthrough from movies (which you might already be able to do) is better. DTS is backwards compatible so you can throw any version of DTS data at the amp and it will decode nicely.

Bear in mind the analog outputs are muted in DD live mode, digital only. Also the analog sound is a lot better then realtek onboard if you are going to use it.

24. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Looks like herpes, they should get that seen to, what are you waiting for and where did you order from?

On a side note just had to request an RMA for my corsair RAM (Vengeance DDR3 1600 9.9.9.24 2x4GB) as they will not run together at all, constant PFN list_corrupt BSOD, can run each stick on it's own fine, but what use is that? :(

Good job I still have 2x2GB of my trusty old Gskills :toast:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  25. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    hermes have some really bad reviews....I once booked them for a delivery but once i read how bad people rated them online. I contacted parcel2go straight away and they switched me over to DHL/Yodel.

Yodel are bad. but they arent half as bad as Hermies and thats saying something!!! dont let their cheap prices fool you. its better to pay that little extra ontop to make sure whatever you want delivered gets there