1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    Good t'have you back anyroad NdMk2o1o!

:p
    NdMk2o1o says thanks.
  2. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    I was not asked to stop tatty, the only thing I said out of line (apparently this construes name calling) in that thread was " you cant be that stupid" I got my infraction for that - FACT. My ban was as a result of me PM'ing the mod and letting them know how I felt about the infraction and putting a further post in said thread to also declare my feelings on the infraction (not in a polite manner I might add), the latter 2 are what got me a ban, however I knew they would though didn't care at the timebecause of such a petty infraction.

In summary the ban was called for because of my reaction to the infraction, the infraction was not and shouldn't have been given anyway so it's a bit of conundrum really, though I thought I would clear things up for my own sake, don't think I should say any more on the matter in here anyway less the ban stick will be flailing ;)

Thank's IC :toast:
    InnocentCriminal and LifeOnMars say thanks.
  3. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    ^^^ Ahhhh right.... my eyes must be playing games with me..... you got a warning.......zero points asking you and I quote "Please do not call people stupid"...... this was before you got a formal pointer later....... so you don't consider that was asking you to stop? As I said, you did not get a ban, you got some points, not nearly enough to get you a ban..... you did however still have points live and the 2 combined caused you to have a temp ban, it is different, If I banned someone they would automatically get 25 points, under normal circumstances that would be a 3 month holiday.

Listen, I am not taking sides here, just saying what I see, if someone asked me to stop, and I didnt' then I would expect a spank, although I acknowledge you did not feel you were asked to stop. When you sum it up, and probably where we disagree is that calling someone stupid did not get you infracted, not stopping when someone asked you too is actually what caused it.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
    NdMk2o1o says thanks.
  4. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I wonder how points stack up. Do they "decay" over time?
  5. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    An infraction will be worth an amount of points

when you get too many points you get banned

After a set amount of time the infraction will "Expire" and the points will no longer count towards your account
    Fourstaff says thanks.
  6. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Ah thanks. I have made it a point not to get any points or infractions, and I intend to keep it that way :)
  7. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Just checked my PM, I apologies it was an warning not an infraction, not being dishonest here just mistook a warning for an infraction, still being warned for saying "you can't be that stupid can you?" is nursery school stuff imo and uncalled for. Mods seem to let trolls slip as they're not really breaking any rules by being provocative or inciting :rolleyes:

Thanks for the clarification Tatty, like I said I thought it was an infraction not a warning, am happy to admit when I am wrong.

Anywho, cheers having a few after a productive few days with the kids and in the garden :toast:
    Tatty_One says thanks.
  8. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse Crazy Dogmatic Bullsh!t!

Thanks Received:
  9. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Whats my PC (tower)worth?

CM storm Sniper - black edition
    GAZ68X-UD3-B3
    Core i5 2500K
    NH-U12P SE2
    Gskill 4GB 1600: 7.8.7.24 x2
    Asus GTX 570
    OCZ Vertex 2 90GB SSD
    2TB Seagate 5.9K Sata III HDD
    OCZ Fatal1ty 750w PSU
    Asus Xonar DX
    Samsung Blu-ray/DVD-RW drive

Components wise, still £1k worth to buy like for like components new from Ebuyer, just wanting to find out if I could build a better performing rig for the same without sacrificing CPU/gaming performance, losing RAM/HDD capacity etc?
  10. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Very hard to improve on the 2500K, I don't think its worth your money to sidegrade.
  11. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    IMO your rig is as good as it gets.

In my case its a little different. I could potentially sell of my 2 or 3 hard drives and get 2 3TB ones instead or sell off my 6970s for 1 GTX680 or 7970.

an OC'd 2500k is as good as it gets unless you plan to go SB-E or IB-E
  12. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    My question is could I improve on the performance for the same money without sacrificing HDD space/SSD/RAM capacity etc
  13. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    Overall performance or something specific? If it's just games then I wouldn't even waste time considering it. Maybe think of something else to do like case modding to improve airflow and/or aesthetics.
  14. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    One of my mates bought a 2700k which he has a triple and dual rad cooling it, and is running it stock. He only got it to fap over and to make him feel superior. Imo its pointless to buy a chip like that and run it stock but he is a moron anyway as he keeps calling it a 8 core as he is too dumb to understand what HT is or does.
  15. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    you know....watercooling does spring a leak occasionally.....

(you didnt hear it from me)
  16. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    No worries, sad thing is I was looking at the thread at the time and actually thought at the time that you would find yourself cornered with nowhere to run if you get my meaning.... all is good!
  17. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    I need to upgrade my CPU. I don't wanna do the whole motherboard thing just yet. Don't have the money.

Any one know of a good deal floating around?
  18. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    The infraction system is semi automated, in so much as they would normally come with a 3 month sentence so to speak, Mods can custom infract and make that time period less. For example, I always check infraction history before I infract someone, otherwise you can be in a situation like NdMk was in, for something like his situation I would try to ensure that my infraction was not going to impact to0 highly in relation to the offence and any previous live infractions, so I could lessen the timespan etc

Basically once you hit 15 live points then a member cannot post in threads but can still PM etc, 25 is a ban, 5 or 10 points means little unless it accumilates to more during the live period..... a bit like a suspended sentence! Last week I 15 pointed someone just for a week to give him a posting holiday, hoping he would come back a little more even tempered, that is rare for me, in the 2 years I have been doing this I have probably only infracted half a dozen people with actual points, I usually find that some simple communication can often solve issues.
    Fourstaff and Bo$$ say thanks.
  19. Bo$$

Bo$$

Thanks Received:
    you don't need to, that board willl run any CPU from the older i7 series

Thats why we love you tatty :)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Just grab a used 1156 off the used market, although I suspect the performance increase will be quite minimal for games.
  21. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
  22. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Good luck man, am holding out for 3+ months or so in the hope the 680 will come down closer to £300....
    FreedomEclipse says thanks.
  23. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Rather have the extra vram. Gonna need it if I'm running a catleap!! Well, I suppose nvidia could release a 4gb 680 too
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  24. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    The 680 2GB seems to do fine on TPU reviews at 2560x1440, I don't see 4GB helping that much unless your running eyefinity. I has Catleap :pimp:
  25. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Wantet to hear your opinion on delivery companies>
    what is better DPD or TNT, I asking because I preodered Diablo3 collectors edition and becuase of its price shopto.net dont do delivery with royal mail.