1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    I might be quitting college :( not that i want to but i missed so much work its too much.
    SAAS pay your fee's in Scotland, im not sure but not everyone qualifies for SAAS funding.

FINALLY got Win7 running! The upgrade failed so i just backed up the data that i needed, it didnt delete anything as it was upgrade. Its pretty decent i like how you can preview a song in media player apart from minor stuff it uses less ram and the whole system seems more stable although i think windows update fuberd my Vista install so it might just be that lol.

BTW this Lancool K-62 is a beast.

Dont call Scotland JOCKLAND especially if you are a feckin Scot (i wish i had a facepalm smiley). Reminds me of a milk advert i saw in the USA it stereotyped Scotland something rotten, had a ginger big bearded guy in full highland dress with kilt, tossing a caber near a loch and a castle with a highland cow in the scene. I have no idea WTF that had to do with milk but that's those Yanks for ya.

Christmas around the corner... :cool: Its 3:40 am ROFL!

2. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    :laugh: it's the name I came up for the scottish in hms raleigh :p we were all saying jock power and shit like that. What you studying at college anyway ?

3. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    JOCK POWER! Then i can imagine some jakey with a can of super tennents! Lol

HND technical support, Computing basically. It was like general support and hardware the other ones are programming and networking and i was like bugger that to those.

Hmmmn maybe i over reacted a bit but at least i got to give a story about a stupid American advert :rockout:

4. DrPepper

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't give up because you missed a bit mate just keep going and I think you'll end up picking it up whatever you missed.

5. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    HND technical support, aye?

I'm doing a National Diploma for IT Practitioners (Programming, Support, System Analysis, Database, Networking, Web Design and Business)

Should help me get a random computing job :D

6. Gzero New Member

Thanks Received:
    Word of warning guys, make sure you get some valuable experience. Getting the qualifications is great, but the HR people are stupid and only pick people with experience (where are we supposed to get that from if they keep picking those who have it).

Also helps if you know someone lol.

7. DrPepper

Thanks Received:
    Christ tell me about it. Doesn't matter that I was an AET they'd rather pick someone who has experience.

8. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone was like thats a lot to catch up on Kieran... guidance tutor was like yah just drop a few classes and sit it again next year, fuck doing 3 years! Nobody gives a fuck either at Cardonald, i know its college but there is a student support and i have a guidance tutor. No one checks like why are you off? are you coming back? how can we help?... then when i did go back i was like duh wtf?! do i do, yes i did ask and it was like riddles they gave for answers, apart from like 2 sound lecturers whos work seemed easy to catch up on so that was a bit ironic.

Missed a few months yeah must've been at least between or more than 3 or 2 months i was off! Few weeks straight off then went in for a few days, missed a week... yeah in at really erratic times and then long periods of being off so thats how ive missed a lot.

The work doesnt seem complex to understand its just there is a lot of solid stuff i cant memorise.
    COMPUTER ARCHITECTUR!!!:shadedshu i hate that class not that i don't find it interesting that its one load of complex stuff in one go and i only been in a few times so i miss the bulk of the work for it.

(I just looked it up because all the work apart from notes written on board or lectures are put onto blackboard an online system i can log into)

Computer Architecture
    LO2 includes
    Part A: Elements of CPU - Including Control Unit, ALU, Timing and Control, Memory, I/O Devices and Buses (Control, Data and Address).
    Part B: Different Memory Types: RAM, ROM, DRAM, PROM, SRAM, EPROM and Flash Memory.
    Part C: Polling & Interrupts.
    Part D: Sequence of events when using system bus.
    Part E: Interpret Graphical Information

Now the class is onto LO3 and i havnt been in for that class since i went back either.

I was off with personal problems so it wasnt like i was just being lazy lol although it seems like that.

Yeah a second cousin of mine works in Stow College and he said that even tho some people have the qualifications its not even enough you have to have the extra quals and experience, hardly see him its a distant relative tbh so i cant ask for help.

I dont even know why i bother telling you guys why im fuberd at college...

9. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Kieran, life is about how much $h!+ you can take, the more you can take, the better you will become at the end of it. Dont give up, its for weaklings with no spine.

KieranD says thanks.
  10. DrPepper

Thanks Received:
    Ask some people on here. Lemonadesoda knows a shitload about computer architecture and I guess alot of other people here do. I'd stick at it and try pass the exams even if you don't think you can do it you might be surprised.

KieranD says thanks.
  11. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    I might see then, lol if someone had said that weeks ago i would have more time to do everything.
    Im still going through some shit so i need to get that sorted, if i was feeling 100% id be all over it.

I need to get a better internet connection soon as i move home im upgrading the connection or moving to Virgin, my bro has a special box for Virgin if you know what i mean rofl.

12. DrPepper

Thanks Received:
    I just got a letter from forth valley college saying I've been accepted for an interview regarding the course I applied for in HND computing technical support :D

13. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    anyone seeing paramore this friday or saturday i forgot the date lol.

14. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    thats the course i was doing... you wont be able to start untill next august tho they dont start in january

15. DrPepper

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I guessed that. I applied for an 18 week course in february for Microsoft Certified Desktop Suport Technician.

KieranD says thanks.
  16. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    That sounds good, in that field apparently you need extra qualifications or experience, i could have done CISCO networking as an extra while i was at college and next year do something from microsoft as an extra.
    I left college, not feeling too good so puts me off all the work, heads not straight at the moment.

Just gonna try enjoy the holidays then think about wtf i want to do

DrPepper sounds like you have a good plan.

Nothing much happenin recently the holidays are boring this year.

DrPepper says thanks.
  17. DrPepper

Thanks Received:
    Knowing my luck the plan will go to shit.

18. marsey99

marsey99

Thanks Received:
    @gzero

yea he is m8, winds of change they are a blowing :D

and it smells gooooood :toast:

19. DrPepper

Thanks Received:
    Snowing over here woo :D

20. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    snowing this afternoon whilst i was cutting the tree! FUCKING COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love snow :p

21. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    It snowed here earlier, so me and my mum brang in the beer, didn't want it to pop!

22. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    usually we leave the beer out to get it cold but never heard of it poping

snowed here today a bit nothing major didnt really settle, tons of ice tho friends car has a layer on the roof

23. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It snowed 0.00000001mm here

24. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Weaker beer has more water so expands more :laugh:

Was Carlsberg D:

25. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    LOL, watery beer right i understand now, like Tennents or Stella (MUCK!)

EDIT: Snowed??? lol more like slush in Glasgow, all the snow melted and there is tons of ice. I put my foot in a giant pot hole which i thought was solid ground lol.