1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

?

Is the UK the most damn fine & dandy place to live?

1. Yes without a doubt

12.5%
  2. Yes but only with a cup of Earl Grey

16.7%
  3. Would be better with a half decent government

45.8%
  4. No it's crap!

25.0%
  1. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Go for whichever one had a building closest to your house. (in case it comes at a time you're not at home and you have to collect it)

In other news that Asus laptop I bought broke completely (couldn't even get the power light on :(), so i sent it back to ebuyer and they sent me a HP laptop in return, and I have to say this laptop is one of the nicest looking laptops I've ever seen! :)

EDIT:If it matters I had 20KG of Audio system delivered via DPD (If I remember correctly) and it arrived in perfect condition on the scheduled date.
    Jaffakeik says thanks.
  2. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    DPD are quite good IMO, Scan use them exclusively and they have never missed a delivery, but at the same time ive heard a fair amount of complaints
  3. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I trust only royal mail,because they sometimes leave packages behind my garbage bins or at neightbours.
  4. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Royal mail are being annoyingly fast at the moment, bought something late on Tuesday to be scheduled for delivery on Thursday, and they arrived Wednesday morning when I wasn't there.
  5. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I mostly buy games with royal mail so they just trow into door mailbox.had only once issue when they lost my parcel.
  6. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    That ranks as poor service to me. If you have a delivery date - you kinda expect to be in on it.

As for DPD, I've had zero probs. I love the notification you get about which hour it's coming in.
  7. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    DPD are VERY good, UPS are good too, have messed up a couple times but mistakes do happen....
  8. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    upgraded tp 3202 bios last night for my mobo - and that has just killed my OC. I need 1.40v to hold 4.9Ghz and it wasnt even stable. ontop of that it wont let me select 1.376v vcore in the bios so ive got no choice but to go 1.375 or 1.40v as it wont take anything in between.

at 1.40v it was stable in prime for longer then 8hrs before it BSOD'd and im not willing to increase my voltage anymore so ive stepped down to 4.8ghz until they release a new bios that isnt bugged.

According to the internets, im not the only one who has had issues with the 3202 bios. loads of people with unlocked 6950s cant use their cards anymore because the bios wont recognize them at all as 6970s.

:EDIT:

and the stupid thing is, i cant even downgrade to an older bios because of UFEI
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  9. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    That sucks, no way around it??

Could be worse, my ex just asked for a divorce by text :confused: FML :mad: :roll:
  10. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    Shit!

>.<

Sorry t'hear that.
    NdMk2o1o says thanks.
  11. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    there is a way around it, it was posted up on [H] forums but theres a risk that it could potentially brick the mobo. theres a few people saying it worked for them then theres a few people that are saying it didnt work and now their board wont even post so im scared to try.

searched ebay bios chips for my board just incase i decide to give it a go but they are £11 a pop lol.

Well ive currently tested stable at 4.8Ghz for 10hrs in prime95 now so i will probably stick with it until Asus release a fixed bios. issues with the 3202 bios are well documented online even for the newer Gen3 series boards, but its been 2 months or more since they released 3202 so hopefully they will do one soon.

either way it doesnt matter 4.8Ghz is still good for whatever i need.

and as for the divorce. Im sorry to hear it bud, but women are trouble :laugh: its nice to have a chick to cuddle upto and keep the bed warm at night and make it seem like less of an empty space but thats as far as it goes minus all the kitchen jokes.
  12. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    Royal Mail sucks 7/10 times for me,they lost a international letter been sent in January time and only arrived in March,when the 2nd letter came in 2weeks time again in February and been shipped in February.
    If i was going to rely on Royal Mail it just has to be 1st class recorded but then again i have had issues with them.
    City Link are sometimes d*cks too when,they say they dumped a card when i didn't even receive one and i was waiting for them on the day.
  13. Millennium

Millennium New Member

Thanks Received:
    This thread isn't as busy as it used to be!

I just today got some new speakers to add to my growing collection.

[​IMG]

Ruark Templar (V1) speakers. Bloody gorgeous. Sound better then that. And only £100 off gumtree?!

Still listening but wow magical sound really high end. Great :)

What's your best hifi purchase? This ranks up there for me.
  14. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    AKG 701 phones, still need to invest in a GOOD headphone amp as the cheap tube amp I bought from Ebay really doesn't cut it. Audio equipment is weird, you can literally pay tons for high end stuff that most people wouldn't even be able to hear the difference between that and low end stuff. Also you find yourself analysing sound more when you do buy high end, I guess you want to know that you hear the difference and justify your spend so it kind of takes away from the relaxation of just listening if that makes any sense?

On vodka sooooo it might not :toast: :roll:

Nice bump to the best thread on TPU :rockout:
  15. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    I got a £400 Onkyo kit for free. It was delivered to me by accident.

I think that's a good purchase ;)
    KieranD says thanks.
  16. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    you didnt need to sign for it??
  17. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    My dad simply scribbled on the sheet.

It was addressed to me and everything. This was like 2 months ago. According to the box, it had been moving around depots for 2 weeks before they sent it to me.

Win, imo.
    KieranD and FreedomEclipse say thanks.
  18. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    well no idea - I was once told by DHL that i needed to pay a £12 customs charge and give the driver the money but the driver didnt ask for it so i didnt pay it.

thought i had got away with it till DHL sent me a letter through the post demanding i pay up lol.

even if its just a scribble, id say you got extremely extremely lucky. as the courier has your address and if the people who sent it saw that it didnt reach the correct location, im sure they will come knocking on your door to claim it back.

I wish i was that lucky as a good onkyo setup is on my to do list to replace my Z5500's

::EDIT::

the one i will most likely be getting is the HT-S5405 unless the HT-S6405 drops in price by the time ive saved up all my pennies
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  19. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    How'd you do this? something you ordered and subsequently cancelled?
  20. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    I got a case from Alex and when that turned up, so did the Onkyo box.

It was un-opened and had all my correct details all over it. Even had my mobile number and a tracking code that was for me.

This was like 2 months ago now. No-one has been yet, so i doubt anyone ever will. If they did, i'd just tell them to go away politely, lol.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2012
  21. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Ah this the guy some people had issues with receiving items they bought from his on TPU? maybe he packaged it wrong?

Oh well, gift horse and all that, what exactly was it you received btw?
  22. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Alex never failed anyone. He left because he didn't enjoy TPU anymore.

It's HT-R548 with surrounds and a sub.
    KieranD says thanks.
  23. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    My bad, am maybe thinking bout someone else last year.

Thats a hell of a freebie man, lucky sod :p
  24. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Local Council elections today. Had a fun fucking time looking for my poll card.

Scottish Local Elections used to be on the same day as the Scottish Parliamentary Elections but they fucked up the last one (2007) and decided to make it separate. If i remember correctly, they totally fucked up the counting or something.
  25. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    Go Boris Go!

I voted Conservative/Lib Dem for everything.... Labour have had a chance to fuck everything up already