1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

?

Is an independant Scotland going to be bad for the remainder of the Un-United Kingdom?

Poll closed Today at 6:55 PM.
  1. Yes without a doubt it would have serious social/economic repercussions

37.5%
  2. Yes but only a marginal effect

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No not at all but would prefer we remain intact anyway

25.0%
  4. No not at all, they can do whatever they want, we will be better off without them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Does anyone outside of Scotland really care anyway?

37.5%
  1. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Yea done this, tried a few different servers and no difference, best is UK - London, oh well it's 60% bow, BFBC2 has finished even though I started it about an hour afterwards!!

2. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Serious pwnage :laugh:

3. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    mmm I can't imagine why.... Must be some issue with virgin

4. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    apparently there are loads of people on the interwebs that have confirmed (as of April 2012) that Virgin have been putting their foot down when it comes to throttling peoples connections - And its something they dont deny. at first people said virgin took off about 25% of their total speed, then reports came in that they throttled it even further by 50 or 75% which is just ridiculous.

this is all to do with their new system their putting it and their current campaign of doubling everyones internet for free.... So in a way its kinda like blackmail.

Doubling your speed but setting more restrictions.... its like luring a cat closer with some free tuna then doing a rugby kick on it when it gets within range --- Its a total trap!

people also say that you trigger the throttling only if you download more then 10 or 30Gb during peak hours. but there has been no follow up on that.

5. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    my buddy is still on the 50mb package, he has been waiting 8 months for it to go to 100mb.
    His speed is really bad for his package, i must say, virgin suck

6. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    well... depending how far he is from the exchange his speed may well suck. I know i definitely get 20mb connection.

sadly the upgrades arent gonna be rolled out in this area until next year. I think they are covering everything up north first, so everything like manchester, birmingham and wolverhampton etc etc.

Doesnt bother me anyway. Im due to be buying my own 100mb connection soon as it is (so i can finally stop piggybacking my neighbours internet like i have done since i was 18)

7. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    bump bump

8. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Holiday season..... renamed "Ghost" clubhouse :D

9. dhdude

Thanks Received:
    Long time no speak everyone! How we all doing? Anyone get any interesting upgrades recently? Or planning to?

Had a big downgrade a few months ago, now planning to get my buddy at Intel to hook me up with some seriously discounted hardware! :D

10. Millennium

Millennium New Member

Thanks Received:
    I need some advice actually people. I bought some speakers about 2 days ago, off ebay, got a good deal maybe £60 - £120 less than they are actually worth but it's all good I won and the guy has 400+ feedback so no probs right?

Well yes at first, I enquired about saturday delivery and he said +£10, I said nevermind please confirm you can deliver for friday (this was wed evening).

Didn't hear back for almost a day, so sent a reminder. He then replied today saying 'pay first and I will let you know when they will arrive'. Ok, fair enough...

Here I may have made a mistake. I quoted something he said about arranging delivery on a mutually acceptable day, pointed out he hadn't replied for a while, asked him to arrange friday delivery and said I would pay now.

A little nasty perhaps, but whatever, I paid, and 15 mins later I get a message.

"Please do not pay. I'm not going to sell these items to you".

Too late! I've already paid, confirmed the payment with paypal etc (called them since no email but it's done, ebay emailed and it shows in paypal website). EDIT: Just got the usual email, funds certainly paid.

So here's my first response (of 2). "Legally binding blah. disappointed considering your feedback blah. will expect speakers within the original auction specified time [5-7 days]".

And my second response: No worries if not friday but I want my speakers [smily face]

What do you think all? I think considering his feedback I will get the items but if not I will of course get my money back, this being ebay + paypal. I'm just going to wait for a response for now and *hope* he reads my messages both before responding. Sure, they were a bargain, but I paid at least 60% of what they are worth and that's ebay for you!

thoughts welcome :) cheers

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  11. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Open up a dispute with ebay. ebay works with paypal and will 'freeze' the funds that have been transferred. when you open up a dispute you ebay will send a message to the seller and ask both of you to try and reach an agreement. if he wont reply to your messages then just escalate the case and ask ebay to make the decision. they will review the case and if the rule in your favour. they will refund you.

I had the same issue with a seller who sold me a faulty motherboard that he claimed was working when he pulled it out of his machine, but the board had bent pins and thermal paste all over the pins - so I sent it back.

seller denied that the board was faulty as he 'fixed' the board and went back on his promise to refund me.

I we were going back and forth back and forth for the better part of two weeks in the end i just asked ebay to review the case and they ruled in my favour and i got a full refund.

Millennium says thanks.
  12. Millennium

Millennium New Member

Thanks Received:
    Should I open a dispute even if I want the items for this price and am willing to wait the quoted 5-7 days for delivery? After that time I still have a case I can dispute I'm thinking!

cheers :)

edit: any tips if he refunds through paypal? I guess I just take that and let the bay know + feedback?

13. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    wait for delivery first - if it doesnt turn up, send the seller another message and let him know that you will be contacting ebay. then open a dispute,

::EDIT:: give him time to respond first before you dispute, if he says nothing or responds rudely then let ebay deal with him.

Millennium says thanks.
  14. Millennium

Millennium New Member

Thanks Received:
    He has just refunded my money. That's fine, but I wanted the product. How do I proceed with an ebay complaint?

15. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Im not sure if you can still dispute it as he has refunded your money.... Occasionally Ebay livechat still works and you can make a complaint there but theres rarely anyone there.

Go into customer support and pretty much click on report member...

[​IMG]

Ive never reported a member before so I cant actually say how the process works or how long it takes...

Dont delete the emails/messages that the seller sent you, submit it to ebay support when they request it when they follow up your case.

Millennium says thanks.
  16. Millennium

Millennium New Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  17. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    nice but its not my style

18. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys!
    I've been looking into Planetside 2 - it looks epic! But long story short, I have a Firefall invite that I would love to swap for a Planetside 2 key. And you can do whatever you want to my body :p

Firefall invites were going for $30 a while ago; now everyone's saying that PS2 keys are worth more than Firefall ones! Moneygrabbing poofaces :laugh:

19. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Anyone notice EBUYER going down hill as of late??

20. Millennium

Millennium New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello? Where is everyone?!

Anyway, I just sold a monitor and had to play around with the connectors on the back of my PC. Now my Asus Xonar DX/XD is no longer working, analogue or digital connectors. Back to realtek for me - any ideas how to save this?

I haven't tried to reset it in the slot yet, yeah lazy, but still I wouldn't expect any issues...

21. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    if all you did was play with the connectors it probably has just become slightly unseated or something if you moved the PC.

Millennium says thanks.
  22. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Not sure about the quality of service, but their prices are creeping up.

Where is everyone? Busy drinking as always :roll:

No idea what happened to your sound card, but try fiddling around.

Millennium says thanks.
  23. Millennium

Millennium New Member

Thanks Received:
    AMEN to drinking

just sayin'

24. Millennium

Millennium New Member

Thanks Received:
  25. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No good with speakers, you will need to go somewhere else :p I am pretty well versed with mid end earphones, you can ping me up there :D

Yes this club is dying slowly. Usual suspects are all gone.

Millennium says thanks.