1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    I wants moar!

2. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  3. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    Bit too much personal demographic coming out in this thread Tatty, surprised your daughter hasn't already called you.

;)

Actually, on second thoughts - she's probably too busy drinking and snorting coke off of some guy's having fun.

:p

Tatty_One says thanks.
  4. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Just up the road from me in Redditch Tatty ;), not born and bred might I add...

lmfao :twitch::laugh:

5. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for fixing up the OP Tatty.
    Bugger the snow! In my garden its up to my knees plus the gritters haven't been out.

Keep ruining my delivery times! so you can go and get hypothermia while trying to toboggan on a tea tray or something and try snowboard ect.

6. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    REALLY tempted to take my bike out in this snow.....REALLY.......I want to powerslide n bunnyhop cars!!

7. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Changed mine too :toast: I live within 5 mins from posted location, thought it is a rather familiar landmark.

Oh, guys, I think I have just pinpointed where Tatty's daughters will be in xmas :p

8. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Im about 10mins walk from the Spurs football stadium

9. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    that made me lol about Russia hosting 2018 that would just mean Russia will be part of the world cup and also footballers can freeze their pants off :D

10. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Tatty's house? Sat next to me?

And, i think mine is close enough, but if you really fancy stalking me, Crofton - Wakefield.

11. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Your more than welcome to visit, just beware of the anti personnel mines and booby traps that I have carefully placed in the grounds around the property :D Ohhh and nDmK2010 I am not a native here, this is wife's hometown, I was born and bred in Malvern.

12. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    ;) ;)

13. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    So........ 1st names? or is this breaking teh rulz of teh interwebz?

Mick here :toast:

14. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Uhh, Four? I am Chinese, and I don't have an English name. That makes me extremely easy to stalk, so I will pass. Just a passer by in England, once I finish my education I will be back in South East Asia or work here for a few years, then go back home. Depending on how they change the visa laws.

@Tatty, I will be more than honoured to enjoy the booby traps over your place :D

15. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    So where you born in the UK? I must say if not, your english is better than a lot of native british people, winds me up people using chav and txt talk outside of texting, FB is a big example of this!! though that said I hear a lot of this from my little cousins, hopefully it's a generational thing and not just the fact they don't actually know how to spell and use punctuation, though weird thing is I get better at punctuation as I get older, It's not that I didnt know how to correctly use punctuation before but I was too lazy to!!

16. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    You never know these days lol you know there's a place called Bitchfield in Lincolnshire? And Wetwang in Yorkshire? Hmmm.... That's probably where Chloe Mafia came from :rolleyes:

It's crazy, there's still people out sledging and it's nearly 11. Tons of snow. Some of the M20 is closed from what I've been told. I sent some bits off to other TPU! users on Monday, and they haven't received them yet. I need to get into town and do christmas shopping etc. but no chance! Oh well...

Here be Sam, as most of you know already :p

17. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Nope, I came to UK about 2 years ago (this being my 3rd year), off a scholarship from my government (otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford to study here :S). I am a "traditionalist", I find it easier to understand queen's English than other fancy spelling and pronunciation. Well, my mother tongue is a mix of mandarin, English and some other random dialect, and language is not my strong point.

18. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    I'm chinese and i was born in the UK and i have to agree people that speaks chavy or pathetic text talk all over the place and not use correct terms piss me off a lot,yeah i use some but not all, i find basic english much easier to understand and weird languages like text talk which i would be laughing at or be confused on what they are trying to say.
    Luckily none of my friends i know don't use the pathetic terms and now text talk is an accepted spoken type of language in the English language which you will be learning in As level and probably in university?
    I think for someone who has only been in the country for 2 years you adapted to the environment very well. :)

Although i can't stand pathetic human beings taking the piss out of people who cannot pronounce couple of words properly at their best;i'm sure you seen people taking the piss all over the internet specially on youtube and outside,i can't even give an example because its an insult to people who only know basic english grammar and trying to learn how to pronounce the word to live here.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  19. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Not really, my social group here is rather pathetic. Many non-English speaking Europeans, a few HK people here and there, and then there are only about a dozen natives. :shadedshu

Nighty night people, dont freeze :D

20. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    lol check out Northampton its been invaded by asians and im speaking of different region such as Bangladesh and Indians and also mainly polish people that are european,then you got the pathetic idiot native british that gets benefits to sit their ass at home and make load of babies while people who are in education and working is paying tax to help these morons.

gumpty and qubit say thanks.
  21. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    That was me for a while! It was terrible trying to find a job a few years ago. Doesn't seem as bad now, as long as you're prepared to do the jobs everyone else avoids.

EDIT: A mere 6 pages back was during the last snow season :laugh:
    Page 10 is the one before that, if anyone's getting nostalgic...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  22. gunsmoke

gunsmoke New Member

Thanks Received:
    So this is the u.k. club house
    All you brits hang out ;)

23. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    Well at least you did something about it,why should people who are working right now help pay the government to keep a service to keep making people lazy and not go to work? They are taking people money and all they do is wasting space and not doing anything creative.

24. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    I like your mentality, but sadly the government doesn't. They talk about "people who cannot find jobs even if they try", hence the benefits. Bloody politicians.

25. gumpty

gumpty

Thanks Received:
    South West London here. And also another 'bloody foreigner' taking British jobs. I'm what the English call Antipodean, and have been here over five years (my grandfather was born near Manchester, so I could someday get a British Passport).