1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

?

Is the UK the most damn fine & dandy place to live?

1. Yes without a doubt

14.3%
  2. Yes but only with a cup of Earl Grey

14.3%
  3. Would be better with a half decent government

46.4%
  4. No it's crap!

25.0%
  1. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Trying to find a reference 780 spec sheet that has the mounting hole diameters labelled. I found the Peter's mounting hole diameters, just trying to cross reference.
    FreedomEclipse says thanks.
  2. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    if worst comes to worst message the MSI rep on these forums, You might not have an MSI GPU but i doubt hes gonna be a nob and not help. Im sure Neliz would know about the specs or at least know someone who does.
    RCoon says thanks.
  3. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Literally scouring google with about 10 different search terms and there is no specification of the reference 780 board's mounting dimensions. How can nobody have checked?
  4. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    according to the internet the mounts are the same as the 680... can't confirm this though.
    RCoon says thanks.
  5. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    I think we saw the same forum post. Haven't checked 680 mount diameters, hopefully they're not as difficult to find as the 780's.
  6. khemist

khemist

Thanks Received:
    You just couldn't resist it could you?. ;)
  7. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    lol, no. :laugh:

Even with your advice I couldn't. My Titan was stable at 1126Mhz on 1.2v with the SVL7 bios but I wanted more. I've now been up to 1347MHz at 1.3v and ran through valley with temps at 48 degrees (hydro copper from Scan at £647). Currently gaming sedately at 1176Mhz at 1.18 but could easily game higher - but not required.

And my Titan.... I might put it for sale or I might be Like RCoon and make it a competition prize..... I'll see how my bank balance is next pay check. I'm not rich, it's just the awesome combination of the Scottish housing market and having no kids and a very understanding wife. :D

If I do sell it it will be no more than £400 (with ekwb, backplate and original cooler).
    RCoon says thanks.
  8. khemist

khemist

Thanks Received:
    Good deal, when i sold mine i think i got £500 and that was with the same block and backplate... and cpu block.
  9. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    So I finally got around to pulling my Silverstone SG07 into the office and giving it a clean and testing the PSU. Congratulations to me, my £160 paperweight is now useful again! It's in ace condition bar some scratches to the inner metal framework from my titan sized GPU cooler, and the PSU works (Thank God). Only problem I have now, I literally have no use for it. It's ITX, I even have a slim DVD drive for it, and it was expensive, and it has a really great 600W Bronze Silverstone PSU in it with 2 x 8pins!

I was tempted to run a giveaway again for it, or even it and the PSU seperately as it supports the short ATX PSU's of normal PC's. Problem it it would cost a fortune to ship, and I'd rather not put that on anyone unfortunate enough to not afford it.

Anyone got any ideas? Anyone have any interest in one?

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  10. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:

those hard drives on the right - Give them to me, I need them for a Enterprise RAID setup
  11. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    You want 150 250GB HDD's that are 3 years old minimum? Smart data has been checked on all of them, there are around 10% smart data casualties but they all still work. That being said, they're old platter design. If anybody genuinely wants a couple fully functioning 100% checked, I don't mind sending some off for postage costs.
  12. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I wouldnt know what to do with them sadly. Id happily grab a few for a NAS set up but im currently on the fence when it comes to buying more hardware. Had i bought a HP micro-server then it might have been a different story.
  13. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    We're struggling to use them too. We've set up about a dozen triple HDD 750GB RAID 0 arrays for the lulz with less than important data, beyond that there isn't much else we can think of. We tried making robots with disk platters, but we're not so good at the creative stuff.
  14. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    Hell yeah i'd also like some HDD's! around 4-6 would be ideal.. need to swap out my current mismatched server drives. plus i need to get rid of the broken one in the top bay...

Let me know how much you could post them for
  15. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Seagate, Hitachi or Maxtor?
  16. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    Seagate's are preferable. these are SATA drives? 5 would be ideal if possible
  17. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    I got Seagates, and yeah they're SATA. I'll see what I can do.
  18. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    Sweet! No hurry though! Would you look for one's without bad sectors or are all of these doomed to some degree?
  19. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    All of the drives are fully functional, I didn't label them all, but they've all been Secure Erased and have Smart Data relating to old age only. I've got 5 boxed up for you. I'm pretty positive they're all fully functional, and if they aren't I'm more than happy to send you replacements.
    I'll try to post them tomorrow and scan you in a receipt for postage. Box might be too big for RM Small Parcels delivery so it'll probably be sent on ParcelForce.

Just PM me your name and address
  20. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    Wow that was fast!
    Many thanks coon, again the cheapest service is fine, wont be able to get them into the system until tuesday
  21. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, not posted on here for months but gonna try and get back into the swing of things, the last few months of last year were torment for me as have the first few months of this year but hopefully I'm on the up again now. In short I fell into a very bad cycle of drinking and depression and lost a lot of things in my life (job, car and GF) because of it all. It's getting better now I'm done with the self loathing and feeling sorry for myself, and it help-s BIG time getting laid now and again, man thats the only thing I miss regular from a relationship lol Haven't really had the urge to come on to the forums since I hit rock bottom but I'm gonna give it a go again. So, WTF have I missed?
    RCoon says thanks.
  22. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    A tonne of new members have joined, some of them are some ace guys, the rest are illiterate trolls that contribute nothing other than childish opinion. Oh and the usual BS of gpu companies not really producing anything new, just stacking them together and charging triple their worth. Same old! You missed some nice giveaways though! Glad to hear things are on the way up for you. I remember hearing about your partners troll parents and what not.
    NdMk2o1o says thanks.
  23. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I dont have a woman, but i have a job that i love to hate which is causing me much depression. care to swap? Id rather be unemployed and depressed then have to put up with this shit 45hrs per week and hate every single second of it.
    NdMk2o1o says thanks.
  24. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    @d1nky & @Bo$$ just heading down to the post office now, will PM you guys with postage receipts.

@NdMk2o1o what is your preferred make of HDD's? I got a buttload of Maxtor and Hitachi's, not so many Seagates anymore, but enough to send a couple.
    d1nky says thanks.
  25. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:

i think we all been there bud, im only young but shit is still shit at the end of the day! dont know if you train or not, but gym helps with a lot of life's BS, plus helps with getting laid if ya stick at it.

have ya still got your rig?