• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Well hit me up when the quote for mine arrives - Im quite impressed with how it looks sitting on your desk.

Speaking of which is that a PS4?? with a packet of smokey bacon crisps on top of it? sweep that shit off the desk you tart!

On a side note - Logitech Proteus Core anyone??? Is like a G602 but wired. Im really looking forward to the day it arrives in the UK

::EDIT::

On an extra side note next to a serving of side note - your desk is so clean and unfudged by any kind of mess or trash that usually sits on a computer desk.

Id take a picture of my desk but its a complete mess

I'll give them a call tomorrow. I assume you'd want a similar shape to mine if I can't get them to do the funky crazy design? Rectangular ish, but smaller in scale?
My desk isn't always tidy, only when I get home and havent eaten or started on my gaming mode, then it gets filled with belgium beer, waffles, whiskey, crisps etc. And no it's a PS3, I occasionally like to play Ratchet & Clank when I'm bored of serious gaming :laugh:

System Name Zotan
Processor i9-10850K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X AX
Cooling H100
Memory 32GB Viper 3200
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080
Case Airflow 275R
Power Supply RMX850
Benchmark Scores d1nky@hwbot.org
been looking at that hyperX, pretty damn fast!

raid would only be for benching, but that hyperX would be 24/7.

I may get the hyperx friday.

on a positive just filed my tax return, and on a negative none of its on a PC as got to go halves on a flat! :(

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I'll give them a call tomorrow. I assume you'd want a similar shape to mine if I can't get them to do the funky crazy design? Rectangular ish, but smaller in scale?
My desk isn't always tidy, only when I get home and havent eaten or started on my gaming mode, then it gets filled with belgium beer, waffles, whiskey, crisps etc. And no it's a PS3, I occasionally like to play Ratchet & Clank when I'm bored of serious gaming :laugh:

Looks like you need one of them robot arms to mount 2 monitors on, That would save you quite a bit of clutter IMO and im gonna be getting one too once I get paid next month.

As for the glass, so long as you follow the measurements pm'd or at then everything is groovy. Could you also ask them how much it would cost to round down the edges on the side the mouse is going to be sitting on? It might prevent some chaffing. but failing all that then yours but smaller scale is also acceptable.

Maaaaaaaaaaan that K90 does look hella sexy. Did you polish it with brasso once you got it or did you just plonk it down and plugged it in because if not then i did a better cleaning job then i originally thought

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
You wanted a fucking mess.... THIS is a mess....

Dont say that i didnt tell you...

Though in my defence it used to be a lot lot worse before this, This is actually 'better' than it was previously by quite a few miles...

When the new PSU and monitor come it then i'll be sure to clean this shit up.

its kinda ironic that i can cable tidy like a boss but everything outside looks like a bomb went off,

Last edited:
System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
You wanted a fucking mess.... THIS is a mess....

Dont say that i didnt tell you...

Though in my defence it used to be a lot lot worse before this, This is actually 'better' than it was previously by quite a few miles...

When the new PSU and monitor come it then i'll be sure to clean this shit up.

its kinda ironic that i can cable tidy like a boss but everything outside looks like a bomb went off,

Holy mother of... My work desk looks tidier than that. My entire work OFFICE looks tidier than that xD

Nah the K90 is exactly as you posted it, you did a nice job! I hope the person who won my Razer Blackwidow thinks the same of me!

Now I have a £30 Roccat Alumic going spare, might be time for another giveaway. Maybe I should order a couple of Glass Mats and get them going on a giveaway? Might open peoples eyes to the possibilities! Hell, I should get some branding going on.

I've briefly emailed the glass guys about the new quote, I'll let you know what I can get them to do. They may have some kind of 2D Drawing software allowance in terms of what designs they accept. If I can get a design done at work on the laser cutter, might be able to send it through to them.

As for the glass, so long as you follow the measurements pm'd or at then everything is groovy. Could you also ask them how much it would cost to round down the edges on the side the mouse is going to be sitting on? It might prevent some chaffing. but failing all that then yours but smaller scale is also acceptable.

I think there's a reason Steelseries kept their glass matts simple. A) because it's standard, and far cheaper to make. Custom glass options cost a tonne. To have full corner bevells and a colour splashback behind the satin it was going to cost in excess of £60

I think I made a great replica for £6 cheaper!

And B) If this happens to it, you only have to pay £20 for a replacement :laugh:

Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Holy mother of... My work desk looks tidier than that. My entire work OFFICE looks tidier than that xD

My keyboard and mouse are 'fairly' clean though compared to my friends keyboards who touch their peripherals with greasy kfc covered hands and garlic sauce from kebabs. you should see my friends keyboard he still has the batter/breadcrumbs from his KFC lodged between the spaces of his keys and every I have to type on his keyboard I get shit scared that I might catch MRSA or SARS from it, its honestly revolting. If i have to eat at my desk then i make sure i throw a plastic cover over my keys or dont touch the keyboard at all if i know my hands are gonna get greasy or whatever.

My desk is a mess but at least I dont fear for my life every time i type.

All this should be cleared soon. Gonna get a mechanical arm and some storage boxes to stow some of the shit on my desk away if not throw it away.

Speaking of lazer cutting and 2D logo's

It would be cool to have something like this...

Or to a lesser point something like this....

drawn onto a corner or actually cut/molded onto the side of glass that isnt going to be used - I know this design is gonna cost some serious money to get done though.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Hmmm....

So i placed an order for my Asus PB278Q roughly around the same time I announced it here which was around 12pm, Now i dunno if its SCAN & DPD being slow because of bank holiday but I ordered my PSU last friday and it should have been here today but i got a message from Scan at around 10am telling me that it had been dispatched and currently in transit on the way to the DPD depo........ Between the hours of 11am-1pm I placed an order for my monitor and it hasnt shown up on my list of invoices.

Now this seems a little weird i know But I worked at DHL and royal mail. You have your bank holidays, but the moment the clock strikes 12am and bank holiday is officially over then everyone should be back to work again or at least have the operation running with a skeleton crew because anything related to post or parcel delivery is a 24/7 operation. Either theres a huge backlog or scan is just taking their sweet ass time and im already getting antsy about it as I have already taken a day off work just to make sure that theres someone at home to receive it.

Scan always order by next day delivery but what good is next day if you order before 1pm and your order only gets picked for you the next day before being shipped to you - thats not really 'next day' is it? I feel more inclined to go with Ebuyer as they have a stupid cut off time when it comes to orders and next day delivery. but £460 has already been taken from my account and i cant afford to order through ebuyer while i deal with scan and wait for them to refund me. when Ebuyer say 'next day' they really mean it - or at least they did until they decided to switch to parcelforce. Ebuyer WILL dispatch for next day delivery but some how parcel force will fuck shit up and deliver your parcel to the wrong depo where it gets left there overnight till someone finds out its gone to the wrong depo and sends it on its merry way, But by that time they've already broken the 'next day' deliver deadline and ebuyer wont refund postage but only give you the difference back which only comes to 50p or £1 something.

If its not here by Thursday then i will be real pissed because I will have to cancel my shift on Friday.

System Name Zotan
Processor i9-10850K
Cooling H100
Memory 32GB Viper 3200
Case Airflow 275R
Power Supply RMX850
Hmmm....

So i placed an order for my Asus PB278Q roughly around the same time I announced it here which was around 12pm, Now i dunno if its SCAN & DPD being slow because of bank holiday but I ordered my PSU last friday and it should have been here today but i got a message from Scan at around 10am telling me that it had been dispatched and currently in transit on the way to the DPD depo........ Between the hours of 11am-1pm I placed an order for my monitor and it hasnt shown up on my list of invoices.

Now this seems a little weird i know But I worked at DHL and royal mail. You have your bank holidays, but the moment the clock strikes 12am and bank holiday is officially over then everyone should be back to work again or at least have the operation running with a skeleton crew because anything related to post or parcel delivery is a 24/7 operation. Either theres a huge backlog or scan is just taking their sweet ass time and im already getting antsy about it as I have already taken a day off work just to make sure that theres someone at home to receive it.

Scan always order by next day delivery but what good is next day if you order before 1pm and your order only gets picked for you the next day before being shipped to you - thats not really 'next day' is it? I feel more inclined to go with Ebuyer as they have a stupid cut off time when it comes to orders and next day delivery. but £460 has already been taken from my account and i cant afford to order through ebuyer while i deal with scan and wait for them to refund me. when Ebuyer say 'next day' they really mean it - or at least they did until they decided to switch to parcelforce. Ebuyer WILL dispatch for next day delivery but some how parcel force will fuck shit up and deliver your parcel to the wrong depo where it gets left there overnight till someone finds out its gone to the wrong depo and sends it on its merry way, But by that time they've already broken the 'next day' deliver deadline and ebuyer wont refund postage but only give you the difference back which only comes to 50p or £1 something.

If its not here by Thursday then i will be real pissed because I will have to cancel my shift on Friday.

ive ordered a load of crap from a few places using dpd and royalmail special delivery etc and none of it has arrived. all of it has been dispatched yesterday :(

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Got a pay rise today, works out about £40 extra a month, so I'm debating on whether to pull the trigger on a Blue Microphones Snowball iCE, or whether to follow my build theme plans and buy an MSI Dragon water cooler, both are about the same price, both things need replacing (headset mic SUCKS). I could afford both, but I might save some money to get my car some much needed TLC. Rear wiper doesn't work, neither do the rear demisters...
Besides that I've got to buy a toothbrush this month, the rest is all MY MONIES for belgium beer :D and of course I need to take my lady out for dinner sometime too...

Probably about time to move the Xonar D2X into my main rig from the secondary rig too. Seems to have slipped my mind for a few months. But I hate the drivers, the software is terrible.

Last edited:
System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
So would it be better to have the higher cpu clock speed over dual gpu config thats slightly better?

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
So would it be better to have the higher cpu clock speed over dual gpu config thats slightly better?

From my standpoint, the difference in performance of the iGPU's in negligible. I'd run the dedicated card, and I'd warrant the hybrid crossfire won't operate properly 100% of the time.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Hmmm....

Maybe they just re-opened today for business and started processing people's order?

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Got a pay rise today, works out about £40 extra a month, so I'm debating on whether to pull the trigger on a Blue Microphones Snowball iCE, or whether to follow my build theme plans and buy an MSI Dragon water cooler, both are about the same price, both things need replacing (headset mic SUCKS). I could afford both, but I might save some money to get my car some much needed TLC. Rear wiper doesn't work, neither do the rear demisters...
Besides that I've got to buy a toothbrush this month, the rest is all MY MONIES for belgium beer :D and of course I need to take my lady out for dinner sometime too...

Probably about time to move the Xonar D2X into my main rig from the secondary rig too. Seems to have slipped my mind for a few months. But I hate the drivers, the software is terrible.

Spend it on the car - Once you get the car then you get the pussy.

As for the Xonar issue - I loved my D2X but drivers for it were extremely poor. 3rd party drivers did help a lot but they were still kinda buggy given what they had to work with. Just get a Creative SB-Z already, Its all the goodness of the Xonar but with better drivers and a headphones amp.

Its kinda ironic that the community used to blast Creative for making bad drivers but at least they kept on releasing them. In Asus's case, they release NO drivers and the ones they have available need tweaking

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Spend it on the car - Once you get the car then you get the pussy.

As for the Xonar issue - I loved my D2X but drivers for it were extremely poor. 3rd party drivers did help a lot but they were still kinda buggy given what they had to work with. Just get a Creative SB-Z already, Its all the goodness of the Xonar but with better drivers and a headphones amp.

Its kinda ironic that the community used to blast Creative for making bad drivers but at least they kept on releasing them. In Asus's case, they release NO drivers and the ones they have available need tweaking

Have you seen my car? No amount of fixed wipers can make that a magnet of any sort besides bird crapping on the damn thing.

The audio quality on my Xonar is great, but in order for it to actually be configured to 5.1, and for it not to make stupid sound options based on what kind of room I'm in, I have to screw around far too much. Not really looking to spend money on a new sound card though, this one cost enough. Wish there was just a plug and play without any silly software bundle, that just gave me clear audio and configured 5.1 for me... Give me EQ's, don't ask me if I'm in a PADDED CELL or a bloody corridor for christ's sake.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Have you seen my car? No amount of fixed wipers can make that a magnet of any sort besides bird crapping on the damn thing.

The audio quality on my Xonar is great, but in order for it to actually be configured to 5.1, and for it not to make stupid sound options based on what kind of room I'm in, I have to screw around far too much. Not really looking to spend money on a new sound card though, this one cost enough. Wish there was just a plug and play without any silly software bundle, that just gave me clear audio and configured 5.1 for me... Give me EQ's, don't ask me if I'm in a PADDED CELL or a bloody corridor for christ's sake.

So long as your car doesnt look like this...

then i think youre still in the running to get some bump and grind.

Have you tried using Brainbit drivers for the Xonar?

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Checkem out http://maxedtech.com/

My new psu is here so im gonna be away for an hour or so doing the rebuild

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
So after sending me 2 broken replacement Nexus 7's, it's been 23 days since Dabs contacted me since the 2nd faulty tablet go picked up. I just emailed them asking where the hell we are with the RMA, and they've just spontaneously emailed me saying they've refunded the money direct to the card. I specifically asked for a replacement 3 weeks ago, and they seem to have ignored every single detail in every email. Thankfully this is for work, so I have no intentions of extending my custom to Dabs for personal use.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
So after sending me 2 broken replacement Nexus 7's, it's been 23 days since Dabs contacted me since the 2nd faulty tablet go picked up. I just emailed them asking where the hell we are with the RMA, and they've just spontaneously emailed me saying they've refunded the money direct to the card. I specifically asked for a replacement 3 weeks ago, and they seem to have ignored every single detail in every email. Thankfully this is for work, so I have no intentions of extending my custom to Dabs for personal use.

I too rarely use dabs. Its only in extreme circumstances that i cant get anything i need anywhere else then i will resort to them. They have been decent for a few 2tb hard drives for £54 and the odd aftermarket cooler

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Pc is back up but im now testing clocks as i updated the bios also and thats added not shit to the oc mix and my 4.6 turned out to be unstable :(

Bo$$

Lab Extraordinaire
System Name Desktop | Server
Processor Intel i7 2700k @ 4.6GHZ | AMD 5350 @ 2500MHZ
Motherboard Asus P7Z77-V Pro | Asus AM1I-A
Cooling Corsair H60v2 | Stock Air
Memory Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB CL8 1600MHZ | Corsair Vengence 2x4GB CL9 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 6GB | PNY GTX 750Ti
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + 4TB WD Red | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Display(s) Samsung S27D390H + Asus VE276Q | Headless
Case Fractal Design R5 | CM Elite 110
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1 w/Otone Stilo 5.1 and Creative Fatal1ty headset
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850 G2| Corsair CX430M
Mouse Razer Imperator 2012
Keyboard Corsair K90
Software Windows 7 SP1 X64 | Ubuntu 16.04LTS
Guys RO2 will be free for 24 hours on Steam! After which you'll get to keep it. Check tripwire twitter... I love this game hope some of you can join me

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Guys RO2 will be free for 24 hours on Steam! After which you'll get to keep it. Check tripwire twitter... I love this game hope some of you can join me

I have this game. Me and friend play it occasionally its a fun game though its quite realistic when it comes to the damage model. It makes campers and spawn campers that much more op

System Name Zotan
Processor i9-10850K
Cooling H100
Memory 32GB Viper 3200
Case Airflow 275R
Power Supply RMX850
Monitor for light gaming, would you 24'' or 27''.

but the 27 means waiting a while?!