1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

?

Is the UK the most damn fine & dandy place to live?

1. Yes without a doubt

14.3%
  2. Yes but only with a cup of Earl Grey

14.3%
  3. Would be better with a half decent government

46.4%
  4. No it's crap!

25.0%
  1. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Depends how serious about gaming you are. Id grab some proper audiophile headphones and some cheap clip on tie mic. reinstall those Xonar drives so you get the Ui with it and make stuff sound awesome.

I think i was actually considering some Philips Fidelio X1's or L2's at one point both for music and gaming since i have a soundcard with a built in headphones amp.

No thoughts about my G502? :p
  2. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    I think Mice are a very personal thing, I refuse to buy a mouse unless the shop lets me touch it, or someone I know has one for me to try. Some are just not designed for universal hand sizes. I'm also a snob in terms of sensors with bar snapping and zero acceleration.

I want to make full use of my sound card, so I want a nice quality but cheap condenser mic, and some very comfy, clear headphones. Thing is I can get the Sennheiser 323D's for £70.
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  3. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    IF you just want a soundcard for music and videos - the Xonar is great. My SB-Z will never beat the Xonar in terms of audio fidelity but im more of a gamer.

wait until the SB-Z gets cheaper then toss the Xonar out if i were you :p even with brainbit drivers i was still getting hella lot of sound anomalies when it came to gaming - even without EAX emulation on
    marsey99 says thanks.
  4. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Watching some Sennheiser PC 360's, got em for £75...
    marsey99 says thanks.
  5. marsey99

marsey99

Thanks Received:
    cheers :)

i have nothing but love for the mods on here, not their fault most members these days think they are here to babysit and clean up their mess after them.

it is that which is wrong with all forums these days. spoilt little brats with entitlement issues who need a dose of man the fuck up.

i have to shovel that shit on a couple of other forums where i have power too...gets old fast!
    RCoon says thanks.
  6. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    I am still rocking my Steelseries Kinzu mouse i got few years ago,its on the edge with the middle click now being dodgy where on web browsers if i try close a tab it open like 10 new tabs.
  7. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Got to be careful with that the middle click failed on my previous mouse and i carried on using it for another 2 years

to this day I do not remember to use the middle click functions in anything.
  8. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    Yeah i know its just convenient because the mouse doesn't have additional button.
  9. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I dont use the middle mouse click for anything in windows, middle click is usually bound to throwing grenades in games i play
  10. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Opens links in new tabs for me, that's literally all I use it for. Oh and accidentally clicking it and getting that ridiculous scroll option that shouldn't exist.
  11. LaytonJnr

LaytonJnr

Thanks Received:
    Who do I speak to about joining the TPU UK Clubhouse? :D

Hi guys, I'm Layton :)
  12. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    I don't believe we have any requirements, some people in here aren't even from the UK :laugh: to join you simply walk in here and start talking to british inhabitants about things such as how delicious cornish cream is. Just a small community inside a community pretty much, we talk about anything, not just tech (but mostly tech).

It certainly looks like you know how to build a PC at least. Almost every part looks like one I've recommended for certain builds in the past.
  13. LaytonJnr

LaytonJnr

Thanks Received:
    Thank you very much. That took a number of months research, so I've gathered quite a bit of knowledge. I'm pleasured to speak to such TPU fame :p

I also love the Rocket Raccoon!
    RCoon says thanks.
  14. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to the best Clubhouse in the best on line tech community, just be especially careful of those British Moderators, they can be very dodgy :)
    marsey99 says thanks.
  15. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Funnily enough our club is the most popular according to reads/posts, besides the ol' Battlefield club!
  16. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    How would you go about sending a laptop if you got original box?? I've put my old laptop on ebay and getting few offers,but im not sure how i should package it up, should i wrap it in bubble wrap then get a grey wrap thing?
  17. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Wrap in bubble wrap, put it in the original box, and then wrap that in brown paper so it looks plain. Unless that was a mistype and you dont have the box.
  18. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    Yeah i do have the original laptop box so wrap the laptop box in bubble wrap then wrap paper or something around it?
  19. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That's because anyone who can speak English (and those who can't) are invited over :)

Edit: Any UKIP supporters here?
  20. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    They're all arsehole lol i don't even know who to vote for now i am entitled too.
    Edit:
    I have been away from forum for awhile but i want congrats you Fourstaff on becoming a moderator.
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
  21. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    I never vote and refuse to vote. Until a party comes along that isn't run by children who came into politics because they had the right family, I see no real use in voting. If I voted, I'd feel guilty if any of the parties I selected won.
  22. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I dont vote because i hope to be departing the UK in a few years time on a more permanent basis :) though if things dont go too well then of course i'll come back

23. LaytonJnr

LaytonJnr

Thanks Received:
    I have no idea who to vote for. It seems like a constant Labour-Conservative cycle where each undoes the work of the other when they were in power. Nothing really seems to get done.
  24. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Labour spends a lot of money on poor people, and the Conservatives spend no money on anyone, and merely allow the rich to continue as they are. I don't trust the people in charge of either party, especially when I see them bicker like school children on TV. Who the hell can take Ed Milliband's face seriously? His face genuinely looks like a character from Chicken Run.
    d1nky says thanks.
  25. LaytonJnr

LaytonJnr

Thanks Received:
    I see what you mean. :laugh:

[​IMG]
    RCoon and d1nky say thanks.