1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

?

Is the UK the most damn fine & dandy place to live?

1. Yes without a doubt

12.5%
  2. Yes but only with a cup of Earl Grey

16.7%
  3. Would be better with a half decent government

45.8%
  4. No it's crap!

25.0%
  1. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Might I say, you're doing a fine job. More patience than I have at times.
  2. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    but the hate, It flows through you.
  3. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Another day at the office...
    [​IMG]
  4. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I'll wait till you start wearing her underwear...
  5. LaytonJnr

LaytonJnr

Thanks Received:
    Would anyone be interested in buying a like new drum hi-hat? I'd be looking for £100 (maybe £80) pick up, but was about ~£150 new. I could attempt shipping it, but I'd have to determine additional costs. If anyone's interested, I can do it officially in the B/S/T/G forum. Also have a well used drum kit, if interested also. If not, eBay.

Layton
  6. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Keep the drum kit - Im a guitarist but i also play a little bass, lets get together and make some sweet music.
  7. LaytonJnr

LaytonJnr

Thanks Received:
    It's been upgraded to a fancy new electric one, so I don't need the old drum kit anymore. :p Maybe you're could add drumming to your repertoire of musical talent?

Layton
  8. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I can actually play drums too but nothing amazing as you probably. As much as ive always wanted a drum kit as i LOVE playing them and would like to have my own kit - the amount of hate i would get from my parents and neighbours would get me Jihaded.

Electric kits can be good though i still dislike the artificial/digital sound. Yamaha makes the best electric kits afaik and they do sound pretty amazing but they can be expensive so ive had or seen that many people invest in one unless they were real serious about drumming.
  9. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Found an i7 4770K for £200

Debating as to whether I actually need it or not, because it is a crazy awesome deal.

Also ordered a new headset, because despite the ASTOUNDING audio quality of my Sennheiser PC323's (seriously best sound I've ever had in a headset), they SERIOUSLY HURT!

OCUK have a bunch of half price or less deals on headsets as they're clearing stock, so I took advantage of one of the rather pricey headsets being £45.
    http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18605218

Also Freederm @FreedomEclipse, you keeping hold of the RAM and waiting to deliver it to the cruncher yourself or have you already sent it?
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  10. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    honestly not had time, ive been working these last 4 days and this is my first day off and im back working tomorrow for another 3days. I was gonna send it out wednesday with some other stuff as that was also supposed to be my day off but my shifts got changed so i had to get all my arrangements with couriers done last night when i got home at midnight. Thank god UPS allows you to book for same day pick up at 3 or 5 in the morning as i only got into bed about 6am.

I'll have the ram sent out tomorrow.
  11. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    No worries, you can either send it to me, or keep hold of it and send it to the cruncher we eventually find for the whole rig, as I'll only be sending it there anyway.

Stay strong caramel bear, you don't sound(type) so happy today.
  12. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I dont get enough days off in the week to feel unhappy. Though to be honest my job is starting to grind on me more and more.

::Edit::

I also got my first IRQ_Less_Or_Not_Equal BSOD last night since i swapped out my faulty PSU - Im starting to wonder if the old PSU may have damaged something.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  13. LaytonJnr

LaytonJnr

Thanks Received:
    So I accidentally told my computer to hibernate instead of sleep. Not a good move regarding the slow speed of resuming Windows, let alone from a HDD. Tried to turn the PC on, and it got stuck on the ASUS screen before Windows launched. The Boot Device LED on my motherboard was red, which is usually a bad thing. And worst of all, I couldn't access the BIOS to fix anything. So I do the old turn it off and on again trick, turning the physical power switch off on my PSU for a couple of minutes. This usually works. :laugh:

And it did, but when I got into the BIOS something was rather odd. Apparently it was running the UEFI BIOS off of my USB thumb drive, despite me setting it as the lowest boot priority when I first built the PC many moons ago. Rather odd. Could anyone shed some light on this please?

Layton
  14. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Apple devices have a tendency to make themselves a default boot device. Even with USB boot set to the lowest boot priority at work, some member of staff managed to upset the boot from network to the dank iPhone they had plugged in
  15. LaytonJnr

LaytonJnr

Thanks Received:
    It's not an Apple device though - I have never plugged anything Apple into here ever. Its just my SanDisk USB memory drive :confused:
  16. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    I came back to the clubhouse and am greeted by a man in a pink cowboy hat and plush boa???
  17. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like you haven't been out on a Saturday night and seen me strutting my stuff. They call me the Cindy Crawford of Newark.
    In all seriousness, a member on TPU (I won't say his name as he may be embarassed), private messaged me and asked if after all these years I was a woman all along. Apparently a lot of my posts made me sound like I was a woman? He was super serious too. Had to let him down gently.
    Probably why me and remixedcat get on so well.

We have a new edition to the B-Team, Layton Jnr who's been a pretty cool guy these past few weeks. He hasn't yet succumb to the numerous trolls around the place either.
  18. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    For some reason this is what i had going through my head after reading your post....

RCoon says thanks.
  19. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    Lol I thought you were going to drop me in it with my cross dressing antics rcoon when I started reading that post!
  20. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Nothing more feminine then watching a buffed up man in a tight black dress standing on his driveway drinking a beer....ohwait..
  21. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    FEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!
  22. LaytonJnr

LaytonJnr

Thanks Received:
    Hi there. :toast:

Inevitably there will probably be a breaking point when it comes to dealing with trolls, so one day I may have to unleash some RCoon-esque rage. :p

Layton
    RCoon says thanks.
  23. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    You always need to treat a troll with the derision yet dismissive tone they deserve. And hi back at you young chappy.
    :toast:. I'm only 40 but everyone's a young chappy to me. Unless they're a young chapess. But not Saville young. I should stop.
    d1nky and RCoon say thanks.
  24. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    RCoon says thanks.
  25. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Welcome back Tats, you've been sorely missed! Kriej memorial thread has been going crazy good in the last few weeks!
    I did notice a few good deals, but can't get down to the OCUK store for the instore only deals they're having on.
    Tatty_One says thanks.