1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

"The videogame industry is in a funk"

Discussion in 'News' started by NamesDontMatter, May 7, 2006.

1. NamesDontMatter

Thanks Received:
    The video gaming industry is again expected to suffer a decline in sales. According To the Wall Street Journal online, the industry had a 3% decline in sales last year, and a 5% decline in sales is expected for this year. It is believed that consumer anticipation of the next generation console launch from Sony and Nintendo is the primary cause for this lower percentage of sales. The Wall Street Journal said that analysts believe the sales will resume a steady increase in 2007.

Source: The Wall Street Journal
  2. Satchmo New Member

Thanks Received:
    it makes sense, theres simply more followers to playstation.

what are they basing these numbers off of? sale to production ratio? or just a years sales compared to previous years sales.
  3. warlordfallen New Member

Thanks Received:
    playstation? i didnt own one tell jsut a month ago.. as for the numbers.. most likely companies quartly reports. thought my offical and highly technological opinion, suggests and states that.. all the current games out suck. they cost 40-60 smackers and we cant spend taht when a 360 or ps3 costs 500 or more. plus.. sony ate my ps3/xbx360 money with there crapy psp with 30fps. fi ti wasnt so fragile it would make a nice brick for the sony hq's windows.