1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The WarZ

Discussion in 'Games' started by 1Kurgan1, Nov 4, 2012.

1. WarhammerTX

WarhammerTX New Member

Thanks Received:
    Im just waiting on the Private Server rentals to start back up playing again for 15 bucks its not really that bad Ive paid 60 for games that were worse.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Just watched TB play it for 45 mins. This game is trash and poorly made, and should be free, like it's highly acclaimed counterpart.

4. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    The DayZ standalone is going to come along and absolutely destroy WarZ. WarZ developers should get ready to be unemployed, rightfully so when they act like a facebook developer.

5. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry just had to get that out.

lyndonguitar says thanks.
  6. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    I am fairly certain that they interpreted those statistics backwards.

7. Jarvis

Jarvis New Member

Thanks Received:
    Whitenoise do you have a clan to play in? I mostly play at around 5 am +, Kurgan and Ufgy play in the afternoon if your looking for others to play with. Its such a blast to play with others and very heartpounding to play solo lol. Though i think if you die on hardcore you have to delete your char and get re invited again so i don't think ill play hardcore till they make it easier to invite people to the clan. For all those who hate the game why do you have to post it and troll even more? We get it, you don't like it, but you can be more mature about it.

1Kurgan1 and WhiteNoise say thanks.
  8. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Supposedly they are trying to save people from a terrible game. Which I don't understand how when the people they are preaching too actually enjoy the game :laugh:.

Perhaps they should start a Warz hate thread and hope they will get enough people to hate the game to meet their agenda, whatever that is.

1Kurgan1 and WhiteNoise say thanks.
  9. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Man don't listen to them. They wouldn't know a great game if it installed a virus on their computer.

10. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    There is nothing to listen to and I don't just mean that because its all text.

11. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I'm not in a clan. I've been playing solo on 'normal' servers. I can't play 'hardcore' because the only thing that makes a server 'hardcore' is the fact that when you die you die for good and I don't feel like making characters over and over. Considering I lose everything when I die I don't care anyway.

I play in the evenings PST and mornings on the weekends. I have around 4 characters their names as follows:

Amish Marauder
    Amish123
    Amish456
    Amish789

I play on both US and Euro servers.

Last night was the first time I ran into another player that didn't try to kill me. We just stopped and he exclaimed 'friendly!' and I said "me too!" so we ended up clearing out clearview together and it was fun working with another player but then another guy came around the corner...I had my shotgun sights on him but I hesitated for a second and he didn't. My new friend ran for the hills lol.

Then I got killed immediately after by another hacker. I was scoping out same town from the outskirts because I heard multiple gunfire. I then see this dude running through town with a butt load of zeds chasing him. Somehow he loses them and I watch him run behind a fence where I can't see him. (Mind you I'm in the outskirts with a 9mm pistol and around 100 yards from this guy and I'm laying in a bush slightly behind a tree.

I can see both ends of the fence and he doesn't move past either end. TBH I don't want anything to do with him but I do want to enter that town's PD and see if I can find some ammo and maybe a gun.

So I wait....and wait....and wait...

And then BAM! he shoots and kills me. He just peeked around the end of the fence. How in the hell did he know I was there?

Ah well....this was one of my scouts and didn't have anything on him except a medium pack, and one pistol w/10 rounds.

Later that night I watched two guys get into a sniper position at the same town on the hill that over looks the christmas tree. I figure they were camping for all the players looking to get the free gifts. They eventually got bored and moved off and I proceeded to empty the town out.

On another note I really don't care if these guys want to bitch about the game but TBH they aren't adding anything to the thread; more or less just trolling.

I'm going to keep playing the game so their words make no real difference to me.

12. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Its been pulled from Steam. You can no longer buy it. FAIL

13. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

14. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Sure you can, www.thewarz.com. Like said, we got the point, it's been made clear some here don't like it, think it's safe to say anyone who visits the thread that hasn't bought it will see they should question it (people should question anything they purchase, don't just throw money around). It would be nice to have a thread to discuss the game with others that are actually playing an enjoying it now though.

15. Jarvis

Jarvis New Member

Thanks Received:
    I could invite everyone except Amish Marauder. Just click on each character then click on community, you will have a popup for a clan invite, just hit accept. Add me on steam, Jarvis5000 or Jarvis85, cant remember which one it is.

16. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    Holy cow the petition to remove it from steam is at 842. It was in the 100s earlier today.. Must be real bad. The only other game I've ever seen removed was Legends of Pegasus, and that company is now bankrupt. Hmm!

17. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
  18. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    A neat article for those who want to know more about why it was pulled:
    http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html

None of it seems to be as bad as people make it out to be. But there is still a certain level of expectations that go along with a Steam release. Another game that released an Alpha to steam is Towns. But I guess its market is so small people didn't really care for refunds much.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  19. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    catnipkiller and MxPhenom 216 say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Video of the Year i tell you. Funniest thing ive watched in weeks.

21. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    the last group of people on this planet you want to piss off is the gamer group. they will hang you by your fingernails if you cross them!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  22. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
  23. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    wait...they do have 100 man servers up. What am i missing? I was playing one one yesterday with 97 other players.

Also for all the haters out there there are thousands of people playing at any given time. They can't all hate the game....

24. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    My IGN might be AmishMarauder (no space between them)

25. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I do like how you never actually responded to either of my posts brandon, you trying to be the new mailman? I don't think you can fill his boots :laugh: But looks like you will keep trying rather than give an actual response :rolleyes:

They don't, it's mostly people who don't play the game, thats why I just take it with a grain of salt. If the game was that bad, and that hated by it's players, the servers wouldn't be as active as they are. I post videos up of it pretty often and I been getting subs to my channel off those videos like crazy, and people keep asking for more. So theres a good amount of people out there who like it.

And COD series games usually come in around 3, yet look at their sales. you don't need to buy the game to be a reviewer there, going to be a ton of people reviewing that have never even played. I remember reviewing a COD game like that for shits and giggles once.