1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by AsRock, Nov 19, 2010.

1. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Im doing the Elven path, just a bit into the second chapter doing a troll quest.
    Im starting to like it more since i got past some difficult spikes, sometime i love the game other times i die approx 50x and hate it its a mixed bag really but overall its a decent game they just needed to iron out the bugs like the voice disappearing and the glitches although its no where near as buggy as pre EE original Witcher was.

EDIT: Oh the auto patching is pretty neat, i like how you can just not grab the patch if you want to jump into the game.

2. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Apparently the patch that is up (and launcher prompts to download) is not compatible with all releases. The download page will probably update for the other releases later today...

I almost finished the prologue and see the patch has a fix for importing Witcher 1 saves. I might as well start over. :(

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    Did you guys read this? Its hilarious

Islamic–themed and similar textures have been deleted and/or replaced.

Pjokerxp_ says thanks.
  4. Pjokerxp_ New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes you are right, I am muslim and I found so many Ilsmaic arts in most of the viliges houses.

I must be proud... heh

5. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    how many wraith i have to kill ??

6. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    just popped in the thread to say i took the elven route... the game was extremely vague at points which had me wondering around for hours, but without a doubt is a worthy successor to the witcher...
    looking forward to the next instalment... :)

7. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    Does some one has working trainer ? I just need orens function. I hate fighting for hours to buy stuff. I tried many trainers but they aren working fore some reason. Or only some of the functions are working but i only need orens.

8. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Use ArtMoney. Search for the current oren amount as a 4 byte integer (most likely), buy/sell something, then filter with the new amount, and repeat until you get down to <4 values. Modify them and see which one sticks.

Don't give yourself more than 2 billion orens or things could get ugly.

r9 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    I`v had chance to try the tool and it worked. Thanks a lot.

10. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Will art money get you VAC banned?

11. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    The only games that use VAC are those that use Gold Source or Source engines, as far as I know. Witcher 2 uses a derivitive of the Aurara Engine--not to mention that it is a single player game so anti-cheats are kind of pointless.

Using any memory editor on a multiplayer game could easily result in banning from the multiplayer service, yes.

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    The elven route is apparently longer, so i choose that.

Im stuck at a bit with the Dragon Boss. I can only hit it with minimal damage like 9 damage while it does 90. I can get to the second part of the fight using quen and rolling dodging but its solid that other part.

13. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    Yea I had to turn down the difficulty for that battle. That was nigh on impossible.

KieranD says thanks.
  14. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    I'm already on normal :( i saw a video on youtube and the guy spams bombs but i dont have any! Might have to lower the difficulty because i just cannot be arsed, with me having difficulties on other past sections i dont feel like spending a long time trying to beat this.

EDIT: I just completed the game it was pretty good, ending was a bit disappointing kinda short game too even when i did all the extra quests. Got past the part i was stuck at on easy in 1 go. I cant understand why normal was so hard?

OH well i hope the make a new game soon, it left a lot of storyline open.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  15. left4lol New Member

Thanks Received:
    You have yet to finish the game if you hasn't played it on both roche and iorverth path ;). You basically only finished half of the game.

16. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Does much change between them?

Crunching for Team TPU
  17. Easo

Easo

Thanks Received:
    O yes, A LOT! And i mean a lot.

KieranD and FordGT90Concept say thanks.
  18. Chosen Juan New Member

Thanks Received:
    I for some reason can't find myself to play this game. Don't get me wrong, it's good and I really like it, but whenever I get on Steam I find another friend playing BC2, or TF2, or another FPS I find myself playing that instead. As a result, I haven't played The Witcher 2 in a couple weeks and whenever I play again, I find myself out of the story and wanting to restart, which I don't want to do. Ahhh hahah maybe I'll wait for more patches...

19. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    You miss out on Vergen if you go with Roche right? i thought that was about it?
    If the story is dramatically different i would give his path a go.

20. left4lol New Member

Thanks Received:
    The story wasn't dramatically different but both path will will offer a different perspective of same storyline, there are some story detail that different between both path, and you got a different set of character and quest but overall storyline is still the same.

21. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    It will still be pretty early after release and it's already dropped to $40 but I'm still holding out for a TW2 inclusion in the upcoming Steam Summer Sale.

22. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Siding with Ivoveth is much better. Not only can you get to a higher level but the plot actually makes sense. Roche's side leaves too much out, and overall, feels broken (there's very little real plot elements there).

Loading a Witcher EE save really didn't change much...
    -At the beginning, Foltest mentions Adda being a potential successor for him but he quickly rejects it because she is in the Redanian court. She is not mentioned again and, in fact, the lore in the game, regardless if you saved or not, says that Gearlt slayed her on the second encounter.
    -There was a dwarf in Verden working for Vivaldi's Bank and he gave me about 1000 orens (I think) for getting the bank back.
    -Killing the Grand Master of the Eternal Fire of the Flaming Rose is mentioned once or twice, as is killing the Knight of the Wild Hunt (both these might be said regardless if you load a save or not).
    -Yeavin is briefly mentioned in a conversation with Ivoveth.
    That's all I can remember/noticed that changed. Except the money, loading an EE save has very little impact on Witcher 2.

I reached level 34 when going for Triss (just a sliver away from 35) and level 35 when going for the cure.

The final battle with the...
    Dragon was stupid easy on Normal for me because I had Vran Armor (found the sewers under Loc Mueine (must have completed Mystic River in Chapter 1), Elder Boots, Elder Trousers, Elder Gloves, Deithwen (Silver Sword found outside of Loc Mueine), and Caemon (Steel Sword crafted from diagrams found with the Elder stuff). The dragon barely managed to take a sliver off my health.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Ford you did well with the Dragon. I was stuck until i tried it on easy and killed it first time.
    My sword was decent but it did only little damage, i heard you can prepare better by doing what you did but i never had that option plus i just wanted to get the main quest doing since i had done nearly all of the side quests in the first and second chapter.

Ivoveth i hardly saw much when i sided with him.

The whole game wasn't actually that short but it just felt so because the main story was kinda short and it just finishes that little story your put in and nothing else.

24. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Were you using the silver sword on the dragon? If you ever use a steel sword against a monster, it does virtually no damage.

I didn't even use any potions. I could have handled it on a much higher difficulty setting.

I got 3 saves now I'm going to back up to my server...
    1) Ivoveth, go after Triss, spare the dragon, spare Lethos, kill Sile.
    2) Ivoveth, break the spell on the dragon, spare the dragon, spare Lethos, kill Sile.
    3) Roche, go after Anius, give Anius to the Tamerians, spare the dragon, kill Lethos, kill Sile.

I wonder what happens if...
    You load a save from Witcher EE where you saved Adda and King Redavid is married to her but you also sided with Roche. Redavid wouldn't have the option to marry Anius because he is already married. I wonder if it defaults to giving Anius to the Temarian rulers and Redavid still disapproves.

I'm not about to play it again but if someone is and wants to see what happens, I'll gladly hand over my Witcher EE save where I saved Adda.

The hardest part for me, combat wise, was definitely the Archas at the beginning of the game. I had to dodge most of their blows or I'd end up dead. By Chapter II, pretty much all of it was easy except the Harpy swarm in the cave. Executions helped a lot there.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    No man even erocker asked me that too, if i was using the silver sword. I dont think im that daft! it even tells you to use the silver sword on monsters in the hud where it says the damage your hitting.

I had a meteorite sword that was over 40 damage. I had that problem with the wraiths too but eventually i managed to kill them then i never had trouble after that with them again which was weird.