1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Witcher 3 - Screenshots

Discussion in 'Games' started by natr0n, Mar 3, 2013.

1. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    grunt_408, 1Kurgan1, digibucc and 7 others say thanks.
  2. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    I saw these the other day, it is pretty damn gorgeous. I can't wait myself.
  3. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    I give CD Projekt Red 3-4 years they will be competing directly against Bethesda for King of Open World RPGs, The Witcher 3 looks good but its their first foray into this genre however should it do well and they continue on while improving mod support. They could very well be the best in the genre of games
  4. Kaynar

Thanks Received:
    New GPU melting recipe:
    Take Witcher 2 graphics with ubersampling
    Then improve them abit
    Then throw away the corridor maps and put new open world.
  5. Absolution

Absolution

Thanks Received:
    Yay a horse. I hope the gameplay time is somewhere between witcher 1 and 2. 2 felt kinda short, maybe because they favored replay.
  6. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I couldn't get through the witcher but I absolutely LOVED the witcher 2. The witcher 3 is going to rock!
  7. stuartb04

stuartb04

Thanks Received:
    playing through the witcher 2 right now
    may need to upgrade for this bad boy
  8. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    I agree. The Witcher is just a brilliant series. It's a real shame it's so hard to find English Translations of the books (the whole thing is Polish).
  9. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I gotta go back and finish TW2. Actually did get through the first one though that was before I had a ton of games from sales and such.
  10. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Looking forward to some good competition. Perhaps Bethesda will step their game engine up as a result.
  11. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    they most likely wont,

Gamebyro or the company that made the engine went bust, so Bethesda can't re up to the shiny new DX11 version as such they are stuck with there old engine.

Changing engines means 0 mod support no mod support means Bethesda is honestly fucked.

Think of it this way 360 was the lead platform for Skyrim, yet Skyrim on PC has out sold 360 and PS3 versions It takes both of those combined to beat on PC sales figures.

CD Projekt Red is a PC developer they do port games to consoles but its just that PC to Console not Console to PC.

Bethesda is of no consequence really just Witcher 3 isnt out yet. and tools will take time to mature. where as Bethesda is at a cross road new engine better base graphics but 0 mod support or reuse engine crappier graphics maintain status quo.

Eitherway Bethesda loses out in one way or another compared to CD Projekt Red. The only competition here is Bethesda is more well known and established. Until CDP Red breaks into other markets and gains a larger following Bethesda will remain ahead regardless of there fuck ups.

3-4 years tho with a Games like the Witcher 2 and Witcher 3 now going open world along with there ambitious Cyberpunk game they could very well establish themselves as a new dominate RPG creator in the west. But from what I am hearing it will be that Cyberpunk game that TRULY sets them apart. They are currently messing with the idea that every character in THAT game will speak there native language so Mexicans speak Spanish French speak French etc and you need to acquire translator chips to allow you to understand them better chips mean better translations etc. Features like that are truly different and set them apart. A title with that kind of push for something new and different would push CDP Red into place all there own.

Bioware is going down hill
    Bethesda has been maintaining the status quo since Morrowind in 2003

I think giving CDP Red some time they can shake things up but by then there wont be competition.

Bethesda can use there name push out mediocre games and get by
    CDP Red will have to execute on every title flawlessly PC wise thats easy to do Console wise its gonna be hell.

Long story short I should not have used competing in my first post.

Witcher 3 will be the finacial success game for CDP Red
    Their Cyberpunk game will be where we see them actually shine by doing something entirely different. That game will be what cements them as a Developer of great RPGs who can make games more complex yet more fun. Instead of flat boring regurgitated mass appeal crap.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
    Bjorn_Of_Iceland says thanks.
  12. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Cryengine 3 is DX11 with mods support? I don't understand why updating or switching to another graphics engine means strictly losing mod support? Undoubtedly Bethesda will keep with the graphical trends. I'm just hoping some competition speeds things up.

I'd like to think that 4 years from now DX11 will be a standard. Especially since next gen consoles are going to be able to do DX11.
  13. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    Cry engine 3 doesnt handle indoor outdoor scenes well, notice most buildings are open few have doors in most Crysis type games you load a level it can be large but it does not handle things well in that regard.

The next thing to remember is the massive amount of quest and NPC data that as to be retained, now add in 20-30 factions that are at odds with each other, Cry Engines AI isnt well optimized for that.

Essentially Cry Engine 3 isnt used for complex RPGs for a reason ;)

Frostbite is in House so no go there for Bethesda, even then Modding is locked out for all but the most direhard adding new content like weapons armors etc is impossible.

Unreal Engine doesnt handle large enviroments well, modding is possible but is also extremely limited As it would require custom tools which requires long development times on top of the high price to use said engine

Id Tech 5 while suitable in size and scope lacks many newer features its a good engine well optimized but lacking in what users expect offering Open GL or DX9 level visuals only at this point in time. Also nearly impossible to mod.

Cry Engine 3 good visuals but not made for this type of game. modding is possible but unlikely to flourish as tools while good are more complex again limited situation.

Most engine currently just dont fit what Bethesda needs. they NEEDED to buy a new license to the latest Gamebryo that before they went out of business granted they were bought so licenses are honored but Bethesda needs to update yet they refuse.

Latest builds offer DX11 support etc. Altho with the sale of Gamebryo the shake up in the company 2 years ago could have caused the current builds to be a mess.
  14. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Decay_(video_game)

Thats open world and on Cryengine 3.

I never said it was going to be easy but it isn't impossible.

If they started investing their resources into a better engine. Whether that be Bethesda or Gamebyro developers themselves, it would get done.
  15. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    yes a simplisitc zombie shooter has so much in common with heavy scripting massive numbers of invididual quests that all have to be handled along with 100s of invidiual custom NPCs with AI subroutines
  16. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    I'd take fewer quests at the expense of a better looking engine.
    Anyways...We'll see in 4-6 years what happens. I hear technology advances with time.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  17. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  18. Easo

Easo

Thanks Received:
    Time to replay Witcher 2 one more time, i think.
  19. BiggieShady

BiggieShady

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
  20. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Because that is Dayz. An Arma 2 mod.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  21. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    DirectX 11 at its best
  22. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Witcher combat mechanics + open world + more mature theme = win. It would be hard for Bethesda to top that. Now if CDProjekt would employ some of the melee mechanics seen in Darksouls.. that would be awesome.
  23. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Take Witcher 2 graphics with Ubersampling, then give us that quality without the setting... I mean seriously, it's absolutely face melting.