1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Witcher

Discussion in 'Games' started by Eagleheart666, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Eagleheart666 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i was just wondering if anyone has tryed out the witcher, i heard it was pretty good, but i haven't tryed it yet:)

2. BradleyKZN

BradleyKZN New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol ditto to never played it. But from what people tell me, its similar to oblivion, but is on the darker side of things.:rockout:

3. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's a good story-driven RPG. It seems some love it and some hate it. I loved it and would say it's definitely worth a playthrough.

The only thing the two share in common is the midevil setting and they can both be loosely categorized as RPGs. They are completely different games in virtually every way.

4. Eagleheart666 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Alright, I just need some cash to try it

5. G@dn!q

G@dn!q

Thanks Received:
    I play the witcher right now and this game is a must ! it's awesome! from the rpg's from the last few years this one is my favourite! :toast:

6. Kusimeka

Kusimeka

Thanks Received:
    Played & Completed, one of the best RPGS i've ever played, the game is amazing and is just rather different from most RPGS i've played, alot more mature and darker, seems how the world actuley would be if there was other races, tbh it's already happened.

But yeah, defintley worth a playthrough if your into RPGS even just a little ;)

7. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:

The Witcher is a great game with a good story and is nothing like OB really. The games built on the NWN1 game engine.

The only issue i had with it is the camera would not stay were i put it although i enjoyied playing it all the way though and been thinking of playing it though again but being evil all the way though this time.

Make sure you get the EE version as that will save you from downloading a massive patch for it and i did hear more people had issue's with the none EE version with update.

8. Eagleheart666 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i dont know if this is right, but i heard that it is hard to control with a keyboard and mouse, can you use a controller?

9. n0ryu New Member

Thanks Received:
    so far it's a great game. i'm still trying to complete it. i'm at act 3. ^_^

10. buddatech New Member

Thanks Received:
    Meh, mixed thoughts on it here. The intro was absolutely amazing, story seems good, game play and graphics are just okay.

11. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    The camera was my main issue but once you get used to it the game way playable. The camera will follow the char so if you have it set to 45 deg left of the char and start moving forword it makes the camera go behind him.

Thats why people should read in depth reviews as whats good for one sucks for the other as i thought game play was very good along with the story ( The book would of bored me lol ) and as for the graphics they did shine time to time but made me think what happens to game like NWN1 were the game engine for NWN2 is no were near as good IMO. Which makes it to me a hell better game than games like Crysis is\was or games a like.

If you don't mind reading try the demo for Drakensang seemed pretty good to. shame they did not add full english to the text as they did with there own native language.

12. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    I hated the combat when I first tried it, but after giving it a second chance, I like it. Story is mainly what drives it.

13. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    very good game

14. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    It was good enough for me to beat 3 times in a row. XD

Not many games keep my attention that long.

Crunching for Team TPU
  15. n0ryu New Member

Thanks Received:
    you can switch from isometric view to over the shoulder view. that way, the camera always follows behind you. also, gets you close on the action. ^_^

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  16. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    Get it, it is awesome games by all means.

17. Polarman

Polarman New Member

Thanks Received:
    I did not want to start a new thread.

I just purchased this game. The Enhanced edition that is. With the latest 1.5 patch + the director's cut patch, this game is pretty awesome to say the least.

Not all great games are made in the US btw.

18. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    the witcher is a good game but buy the enhanced edition, you can get it for free if you buy the non enhanced but you have to go though atari and their support is like non existent now

19. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Such glowing reviews with no mention of the various common game breaking bugs....stuttering frames (not low frame rate or frame rate spikes) being the main culpritt the forced me to stop playing what could be an excellent game.

20. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Get the latest enhanced edition as it is supposed to have alleviated all those problems. I played the original unpatched version and had no problems what-so-ever, smooth as silk, but you're not alone in those problems, however they should be fixed at this point.

21. enzolt

Thanks Received:
    thats what i felt like. i thought the combat was a joke so i ignored the game. maybe i should give it a second chance.

22. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    great game I love it

23. SirJangly

SirJangly New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can't install the EE because when I try to register it says something about IE. I have tried all the fixes I could find but to no avail :(

24. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    You generally don't have to register a game to play it. Actually, I can't think of any retails games off the top of my head that did require registering. The only ones that do are from digital download sites.

Crunching for Team TPU
  25. SirJangly

SirJangly New Member

Thanks Received:
    To install the EE patch you do, unless there is a workaround I am missing? I have resorted to playing fallout 3 to get some rpg lovin :cool: