1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The worst game EVER thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by syker, Jun 22, 2010.

?

Worst Game In History?

1. RuneScape

26.1%
  2. Vanguard Saga Of Heroes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. AdventureQuest

4.3%
  4. Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing

45.7%
  5. atari ET

17.4%
  6. Fuel

4.3%
  7. Split Second

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Gods and Generals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Hunting Unlimited 2010

2.2%
  1. syker New Member

Thanks Received:
    this is a warning to all you gamers out there. these games that you have seen mentioned here: NEVER PLAY THEM (unless you want to see how horrible they are) :p

:nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Can we just make this "The worst game ever" thread? :)

syker says thanks.
  3. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    13 years ago it was quite good. And if I am not wrong, its the second most played MMO after WoW (well, WoW isn't amazing either).

4. syker New Member

Thanks Received:
    works for me :nutkick:

5. Phxprovost

Phxprovost Xtreme Refugee

Thanks Received:
    zomg this games soo lame, wasted about a year of my life on it..........:rolleyes:

syker says thanks.
  6. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Your over a decade late for playing the game, of course you think it's bad, but thats what helped make the entire market.

7. syker New Member

Thanks Received:
    13 years ago, we were much younger and didnt have such a great taste in games :p

8. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    The worst game ever is The Game.

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    As far as MMO's go, Vanguard Saga of Heroes gets my vote. I'm sure it's fine now, but I was excited for it upon release. Needless to say, it shouldn't of been released when it was. Soooo buggy, it was an early Alpha build at best that they charged me for. It did have great graphics for the time though.

10. LittleLizard

LittleLizard New Member

Thanks Received:
    When i first played it wasnt that bad... then i met the single player rpg and never looked back

11. syker New Member

Thanks Received:
    that brings up another topic ;)

ADVENTUREQUEST

12. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    The undisputed champ of the title of "Worst Game Ever" goes to Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. It actually sold pretty well because people wanted to see if it was as bad as everyone says it is. It delivered every time. :laugh:

robn says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. syker New Member

Thanks Received:
    ... :twitch: :wtf:

14. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Haha, isn't that the one where the reviewer went and laid down in the middle of the street because the game was so bad?

Crunching for Team TPU
  15. syker New Member

Thanks Received:
    WOW. now youre making me wanna go to eBay and look for it, out of curiosity. :wtf:

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing received unanimously negative reviews; much of the criticism for the game was directed at a lack of collision detection, frequent glitches, its visuals, severe lack of functionality, and lack of a general plotline. As a result, the title is currently regarded as the worst or one of the worst video games of all-time. Despite these criticisms, the game sold fairly well, selling nearly 20,000 copies in total.

-Wikipedia

16. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  17. syker New Member

Thanks Received:
    that comment deserves a "WHAT THE &!@#$?!" :wtf::twitch:

18. arnoo1

Thanks Received:
    it suck donkey balls yes
    but mass effect sucks to xd en warhammer and stuff
    allmost all rpg's suck

19. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    surely the worst game ever was the atari ET game launched in 1982. It was so bad they buried millions of cartridges in the desert.

If i had to make a choice on the worst game ever in my lifetime i'd say it was perfect dark (the recent version).

I've never before seen a game be £40 on pre-order the day before release and then drop to £20 on the day after release day. I mean dear god that's bad.

Triprift says thanks.
  20. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  21. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Holy crap? Did they patch a few months ago (7 years after release)?

LMAO! The patch got 1/5 rating too:
    http://download.cnet.com/Big-Rigs-Over-the-Road-Racing-Patch/3000-7518_4-10257210.html

Hmm, dated March 3, 2004.

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    Surely it was still 1st April somewhere in the world when that post was made (or an original post which this was mirroring) - methinks it is an april fools joke. Plus the patch file you posted was released in 2004.

syker and FordGT90Concept say thanks.
  23. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Good catch. It probably was. They're cruel. :(

human_error says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. syker New Member

Thanks Received:
    The back cover of Big Rigs states that the player may "race trucks across the country trying to deliver illegal cargo, with cops chasing [them]." GameSpot's Alex Navarro wrote that this description of the game is nothing more than "horrible, horrible lies", since there are no police in the game. Additionally he pointed out that the computer-controlled opponent vehicles have no AI and never move from the starting position, making even the description of the gameplay as a "race" questionable.

There are technically no obstacles for the player to negotiate in Big Rigs, as the truck may freely be driven on and off roads without any loss of traction, up or down 90° slopes with no loss or gain of speed, through structures such as buildings and trees, simply falling right through bridges, and even out of the boundaries of the map into an endless grey void. When the player's vehicle is put into reverse, it can accelerate indefinitely, but the truck will halt instantly when the reverse key is released.

Upon completion of the race, the game displays a large three-handled trophy and the text "YOU'RE WINNER !" The game occasionally fails to distinguish between whether the player is starting or finishing the race when they pass through the starting point, and so this congratulatory screen may appear within seconds of starting a game, ending the race before it even begins.

Stellar Stone released a patch that addressed some of the game's complaints. With the patch, the opponent vehicles participate in the race, but stop before they reach the finish line, making the game still impossible to lose. Nightride, the non-functional track, was replaced with an exact mirror image of the first track, Devil Passage 1. Some versions of the patch replaced the "YOU'RE WINNER !" text with "YOU WIN!". Sound effects were also added, and later copies shipped with the patch by default. However, no effort was made to alter the physics of the game, and other common complaints were not addressed.

Alex Navarro of GameSpot declared that Big Rigs is "as bad as your mind will allow you to comprehend"; later in his review, Navarro added, "Please do not play this game. We cannot stress this enough." Navarro's video review has no narration whatsoever; it consists of in-game footage interspersed with wider shots showing Navarro staring in disbelief, crying, beating his head on a desk and finally exiting the building and lying down in the middle of an alley. In the Halloween video Frightfully Bad Games, Navarro stated, "This game received the lowest score in the history of GameSpot, a 1.0. And by lowest, I mean it can't go any lower. We don't hand out zeros, but maybe we should have for Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing." In GameSpot's "Best and Worst of 2004" awards, Big Rigs was given the "Flat-out Worst Game" award, despite the fact that the game was actually released in 2003. They said that they would use the "YOU'RE WINNER !" trophy as a symbol for the 'Flat-Out Worst Game' award from then on, but by 2005, a more generic logo was used.

-Wikipedia

#1, they need to go back to elementary school :nutkick:
    #2, their programmer needs to be thrown in jail :nutkick:
    #3, that reviewer should be given another three-handled trophy to put in his house :roll:
    #4, wow, i feel sorry for anyone who wasted their valuable time
    #5, i want my car to go up 90-degree slopes too! thats completely unfair! :roll:

25. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    Impossible to lose eh? We'll see about that!