• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TheFlash

System Name TheFlash
Processor Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Cooling Enermax ETS-N31 (stand in for water cooling loop coming soon)
Memory G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Video Card(s) Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AORUS Xtreme Edition 11G Video Card
Storage Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive, Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State
Display(s) Asus - ROG Swift PG258Q 24.5" 1920x1080 240Hz Monitor
Case Fractal Design - Define S ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Mouse Razer - Mamba Tournament Edition
Keyboard Razer - Cynosa Chroma
Software Windows 10 Home
So I wanted to jot down my initial thoughts on my first water cooling build. The theme will be DC's Flash character. I have already laid down a few test coats of red and yellow paint across my Define S case and Z370 gaming mobo.

Much of this build will be first time trial and error. Though I have watched and lurked for many, many months.

See my spec sheet for part list.

Took me a bit to get all things installed and up and running. Need to get drivers installed as I am running on integrated graphics...blah!

So as side note for anyone ever having a hard time getting their Nvidia card to be recognized by Windows. MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THE MOST CURRENT BUILD! I fought for over 2 hours trying to get my drivers to install. Finally he is "up and running"... I wanted to get a baseline of what this thing could do. Only slightly tweaked the CPU inside of BIOS with the 1 click overclock.

Next up is an exuberant amount of money thrown at EK for water cooling equipment. As well as work on the custom side panel (the known DIY windowed side) along with getting all the RGB to play nice across all the products. Still need to install the mechanical hard drive as well. Look for better quality pictures coming soon!