1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

There can only be one! (X38 Mobo Choice)

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Jizzler, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    Abit's IX38 QuadGT was my only choice until recently when DFI released an X38 board that also met my requirements.

- 2 PCIe x16 for Crossfire.
    - 1 PCIe x4 (or greater) for PCIe SATA RAID controller.
    - DDR2 (I have 8GB ready to go)
    - Angled SATA ports a big plus.

Just wondering if anyone has seen a review (or personal experience) that would make them lean one way or another cuz I'm at a standstill right now. The only counter points I have right now is that the Abit will match my blue G.Skill DDR2 but the DFI has a beautiful I/O section and the audio has been moved to it's own card. :laugh:

The reviews I have seen knock the Abit for only having one LAN port and 4 USB ports on the back, but that doesn't bother me. I'm looking for a meaningful difference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    Most noticeable difference that I picked up on right of the back is the DFI went to 7-Up for their color choice inspiration . . . damn, that's a bright board, man :twitch:

3. warup89

warup89

Thanks Received:
    I just bought the ABIt one. i personally think that its more OC friendly since it has something called "OC guru" or something, its also sexier ;), but DFI is a well know OCer, i never owned one so i dont know much of it.