1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermalright macho

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by fankoosh, Jul 10, 2014.

1. fankoosh New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have phantom 410 and I wanna buy thermalright macho rev-a 140 mm and I have asus rog hero vii I wanna know if macho will fit in phantom and hero without any problem , thx ppl
  2. LaytonJnr

LaytonJnr

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

Based on a couple of reviews, the maximum CPU cooler height is ~160mm in the NZXT Phantom 410, and the Thermalright Macho-Rev.A has a height of 162mm. It might fit, but would definitely be fairly tight, and there's a good chance it would be touching the window of the case. So it would probably fit, but I cannot guarantee it fitting without issues.

Layton
    fankoosh says thanks.
  3. fankoosh New Member

Thanks Received:
  4. LaytonJnr

LaytonJnr

Thanks Received:
    fankoosh says thanks.
  5. fankoosh New Member

Thanks Received:
    I bought it and its fit without any problems and I think there is 1-2mm extra :peace:
  6. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    i could. (after a 2 minutes google search)

obvious, i could fit a 162mm IFX-14 with a TY-147 in a Corsair Carbide Spec-01 which list max cooler to 150mm (ok the side panel barely closed but wasn't completely shifted out of place.

btw specs are always listed in review or specsheet aka: google the name of your case with the keywords "specs" or "review" or even "max cpu cooler size" also for motherboard compatibility : retailer etailer and manufacturer website always list the socket compatibility. (short: Google is your friend ;) )

the macho is not that big in the end isn't it? but price to perf ratio : it's a king
    IMG_0986.jpg IMG_0991.jpg image001.jpg

this was the step to do before posting a question about it ;) :D
    cheers. :toast: