1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Air Cooling... Looking for feedback

Discussion in 'Thermaltake' started by Tt Enthusiasts, Oct 11, 2011.

1. LagunaX

LagunaX

Thanks Received:
    If you look at the reviews for the performance difference from the Cooler Master Hyper 212 and the newer Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (evolution) you'll see that putting the heatpipes next to each other and having no gaps results in a 3-9 deg c difference under load.
  2. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    Finger room is a plus. The thermalright archon is a good example of how you can get top performance without obscuring the whole board under the sink.
  3. Neuromancer

Neuromancer

Thanks Received:
    Actually the archon would be unusable on many boards as it is even wider (by 25mm, 30mm if you use their fans) than a prolimatech megahalem.

Thermalright just exchanged thickness for width and height.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661304 some good images for comparing it.
  4. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    Rarely do I run into a space issue vertically. I'm always needing more space on either side for ram and plugging in those 4/8 pin board connectors and fans. I don't see how it could be unusable unless you insist on rotating it.
  5. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Where's tour answer to the popular H5O and H100? All in one AIO watetcooling setups are really big right now.

I want a dual 140 mm enclosed loop for my cpu. Silent but better than a H100. Give it multiple PWM headers with custom software(corsair link) and you've got a real winner. Oh and price it under $150 USD.

PS I have a Drop OCK and that thing is a beast. Love the fans, but the control knob is waaaay too short, I have to open my case to adjust it.
  6. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
  7. Tt Enthusiasts

Tt Enthusiasts Thermaltake Rep

Thanks Received:
    haha, you never know what could be coming.... ;)

were always working on something but im trying to keep products from just being released, if its a product designed to cater to enthusiasts like you guys I try to make sure its gonna meet my expectations for what it should be :)

not saying it will destroy all others but realistic expectations for the parts used.
  8. Jegergrim

Jegergrim New Member

Thanks Received:
    I personally ordered a TT Silver Arrow 20 minutes ago from Caseking.de, really happy with that decision aswell, it was between the Noctua NH-D14 and Silver Arrow, and the Arrow was simply much cheaper. Also in reviews, it seems to do as good/better than the Noctua, so thats one kickass cooler.

I personally feel like we need more coolers like the TT Mux, lightweight, noiseless and good cooling. The fact that it even cooled the VRM's on the motherboard was a bonus, which would have been my prior choice to Silver Arrow since that's was I was first looking at, but it was out of stock/out of production...
    I'm not too experienced with TT coolers, this will in fact be my first, and funnily I do not intend to overclock with it before Ivy Bridge, but the efficiency and noise levels is a definate plus, at least what I've read from reviews :)
  9. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

I do believe you are referencing a Thermalright cooler, but Good luck and be sure to let the community know how it works for you.
  10. Jegergrim

Jegergrim New Member

Thanks Received:
    You are right, my mistake --> obviously shows how little experience I have :)

Can sure tell how it works out with it ;)
  11. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    So will the Frio Advanced outperform both current Frios? Nice job on the styling. I despise plastic but still as far as plastic goes it looks better than most.
  12. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    I will have testing results for you soon, but being a 5 heatpipe cooler expect it to fall right next to or slightly behind the Frio OCK by a couple degrees.

Price will also be lower than Frio OCK as well.

The cooler has dual PWM fans and Direct touch heatpipe base but the Frio OCK is still the king of the Tt Air cooler lineup..... for now :)
  13. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    How about a Jing with less gross colors and plastic, and swap that out for a pair of fans with way better CFM and static pressure?
  14. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    We can look into that, but when going higher CFM/static pressure you get more complaints of noise, so its kind of a balancing act.
  15. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I was thinking it cant be much worse then the Frio lineup. I get that the Jing is a "silent" cooler, but it showed a ton of promise with the slower fans that ship on it now. I realize noise levels would have to go up, but if performance levels justify it, I don't see a real issue to your customers;)
  16. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    Here's my input on the Contac 30. It is a very effective cooler for my Phenom II X4 and i still have the other mounting hardware and may use it for my next build. However I do have one problem... I can't get it to mount so that the air from the fan goes towards my rear case fans. It is currently blowing up into my PSU. Also if i could have it rotated in a way that the exhaust faces the rear of my case, i could actually use my side panel fan without bending some of the fins on the heat sink.

btw it does look pretty good and performs well. I may replace the fan with a couple higher CFM fans in push pull config. when I upgrade my system.

[​IMG]

and a better shot with the LEDs

[​IMG]

I also have your TR2 cpu cooler for socket 478, its a good cooler too but the packaging is too flemsy... it literally fell apart and the clips were lost so i had to buy another just for the clips... I'm sure i'll find a way to rig it on another system. (the new one well be for someone else's computer)

edit: heh... i just noticed the logo is upside down :( my bad... i'll fix it later tho its only 2 screws lol

I'd like to be able to mount the Contac 30 like this in an AMD system... (and how much for the 2nd fan)

[​IMG]
  17. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wouldn't using fans with a wide RPM range sort that out?

I.E 900-1800 rpm or something.

900rpm on a 120mm fan is pretty much inaudible( unless the fan is awful)

That give you plenty of options from silent all the way up to hurricane :laugh:
  18. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    We will have new AMD mounting option available very soon to allow rear facing mount ;)

Stay tuned :D
    xBruce88x says thanks.
  19. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Well as im sure your aware basically you go faster= more airflow for more cooling or much more mass of heatsink material with larger or multiple lower speed quieter fans ..

So, I think you see some of my challenges now as heatsinks cannot grow much more before you will be mounting a motherboard to your cooler rather than a cooler to your motherboard :eek:
  20. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    Awesome :rockout:

Will there be a mounting kit available for the Contac 30 or only on newer coolers?
  21. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    It will fit all cooler with mounting like the contac 30 :) so yeah your covered. :D
    xBruce88x says thanks.
  22. jamievenna New Member

Thanks Received:
    That said, lost cost, and top-level performance, while not making a lot of noise, is key for me. An easy mounting system helps too, as doing reviews, I change coolers often, and quick and easy, secure mounting is very important there.
  23. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    We are always evolving the way our coolers mount and how they perform.

the new mounting mechanism you see on Contac 30, Frio OCK, Bigwater 760 Plus etc are universal and very secure mounting. We are trying to stay with this design for all future coolers barring of course some strange socket change which changes the hole pattern or alignment which would require a complete mounting change.

But even then we will try to keep as many components as possible the same. :cool:
  24. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    i would want a TT cooler but they arent available locally here. you should fix up some distributers here!
  25. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    That I can honestly say i have no control over at all, but I will definitely pass that along to the people who do handle it :)
    de.das.dude says thanks.