1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Air Cooling... Looking for feedback

Discussion in 'Thermaltake' started by Tt Enthusiasts, Oct 11, 2011.

1. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't think you understood me, at the very least you didn't really address the point I was making.

If you use fans with greater RPM ranges then you can sell a cooler that can be silent but have the capacity to cool a massively overclocked CPU.

Hell I already have fans that do 800rpm to 1700 rpm couldn't be to hard to source such a thing?

For example someone was talking about the jing earlier, if those fans could spin up to 2000rpm then in normal circumstances the cooler will be very quiet, how ever if you turned off smart fan control and it ran at 100% you could have a nice safe overclocking session . ( or use a fan controller and set it to the best noise/cooling ratio)

2. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    or you can send me one for free LOL ;)

3. LagunaX

LagunaX

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    I really hope that the Thermaltake New Frio Extreme CPU Cooler performs just as well as the NH-D14 and the other king the Phanteks PH-TC14PE.

It sure looks better than either of the 2.

Price it competitively below the above 2 and it should do just fine as long as it performs and sounds on par =).
    (or even better offer a TPU coupon code at the Egg or other etailer for us...)

4. Tt Enthusiasts

Tt Enthusiasts Thermaltake Rep

Thanks Received:
    performance is VERY good :)

but ill let the numbers speak for themselves when it starts rolling out...

5. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    Orange fans!!

My experience comes from older parts. I have used a Volcano 9 (which was awesome, btw) and quite a few SmartFans. I think your CPU coolers are good, some recent ones lack PWM (which I think it's a huge plus) but some other high-end coolers don't have PWM fans as well so...it's ok.
    Now, what would I like to see...PWM fans, definitely, but make some high RPM ones, like the old SmartFans. I still have a couple 80mm ones that when needed (because they were voltage controlled) could really pull air! And when I didn't need them, I just turned the knob on the potentiometer and set them at ~2800rpm...silent...at that time. :laugh:
    Best part, at 5000rpm, dust doesn't stick to the blades. :D
    I really don't mind noise, especially when I'm gaming, because I use headphones.
    So, that and on the budget side, besides that 92mm tower cooler (that is suspiciously similar to my Xig SD963 LOKI :p), a cooler that is just a plain heatsink (doesn't need to be all that big, budget is the word here) that can accommodate 120mm fans, but doesn't include them. So that the buyer can use their favorites from the start.
    Oh and about dual-PWM fans on the coolers. Just provide Y-splitters with the cooler (with an extra cable/header so that the RPM of the 2nd fan can be read on a random 3-pin header). ;)
    I would like to see a return of the TMG coolers for newer graphics cards, since some enthusiasts (like me) seem to prefer blower-type coolers to axial-fan type. Make them big!! :rockout:
    Not much of a feedback, more of a wishlist, I know, but I haven't used your recent products yet. Still, I hope it helps. :)

Tt Enthusiasts says thanks.
  6. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    any progress on that mount for the fan to face the rear of the case for AMD CPUs? (Contac 30)

More than 25k PPD
  7. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    We already have a solution (just recently completed and tested) we should have them available soon.

our Headquarters is on holiday for Chinese new year but as soon as they are back we will be working on making them available in the US.

xBruce88x says thanks.
  8. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:

Any feedback helps.

for the dual PWM we do include a splitter to ensure that the fan speed is same between 2 fans on the same cooler (avoid problems)

however upon testing a wire coming from fan for RPM signal from a separate header, I had already tested this and we had to choose same PWM speed/function for both fans or RPM sense from each as the rpm reading was wildly inaccurate due to both fans using same y splitter for pwm control.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    _JP_ says thanks.
  9. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    thanks for the update... any idea of what the price for the bracket/mount would be?

More than 25k PPD
  10. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    No MSRP yet but we will make it as low as we can for you guys. :D

xBruce88x says thanks.
  11. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    but I want it now *stomps feet like a 5 year old* :D

12. Tt Enthusiasts