1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake launches memory cooler

Discussion in 'News' started by Darksaber, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    7/26/2006 - All of the computer enthusiasts worldwide can rejoice! Computer modification is an absolutely bottomless pit and Modders will never be satisfied. Thermaltake has recently launched a new DDR modular memory cooler named the Cyclo (CL-R0023) and satisfies the cooling needs of 4 sticks of RAM all at once. The superior styling and design will soon make this cooler a favorite among the world of enthusiasts.

The design of the Cyclo comes from free bicycling competition. The aerodynamic design is derived from the way the cyclists slice through wind, bringing users a free and liberal feeling. The two sets of 40mm clear LED fan increases the cooling capacity of the heatsinks without increasing the noise of the computer system. The Cyclo can be installed on either side of the memory modules, depending on the preference of the user. The two ends of the unit are designed ergonomically so that the installation can be convenient and trouble-free.
    [​IMG]

Source: Thermaltake
  2. creidiki

creidiki New Member

Thanks Received:
    friends dont let friends buy thermaltake...
  3. sinner33 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well it certainly looks interesting... Wonder if it really helps?
  4. FLY3R New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you have good air flow then those things are pointless. Unless your really pumping some serious volts into them your going to want to go WC. And thats even overkill for ram.
  5. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    i would like to see some reviews before sayng my opinion, T.T. sometimes does good products, just a bit overpriced most of them
  6. Bob The Fish New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had a set of there oringal active meory coolers and it was mostly for show.
  7. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Hey, they'd make one cool set of glasses, and your eyes could be overclocked.
  8. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I might get them, or the other ones at newegg...GeIL won't support you unless you have 10-15CFM airflow on your memory...
  9. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Are you joking...? Do they send nanobots through the internet to check your ariflow? I have Geil memory - very happy with it. I also have a 120mm casefan at the bottom of my box blowing up through the memory/chipset, etc... this would be a waste of time for me (I think!)
  10. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, they won't support you unless you have air blowing on/through them, but I say I do anyway...my Big Typhoon probably does blow air over them too...
  11. error_f0rce

error_f0rce New Member

Thanks Received:
    They would look nice in a windowed case, but seem to be a bit of a gimmick. Then again, I don't understand why anyone has a problem with airflow in their case. Case modding is simple, the information is out there and free... and fans are dirt cheap....

If there isn't enough air blowing over your RAM, or through your case, do something about! it :)
  12. randomperson21

randomperson21 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Begin rant
    why do they have to put LED's in EVERYTHING these days?

What about us people who don't want their computers to be shining brilliantly blue all night?!?!
    What about those of us who don't want to be blinded every time we turn on our computers????

ok maybe i'm a dying breed, but i like "subtly" lit cases. My Sunbeam charmelions work fine for lighting, AND they don't blind me. believe it or not.

So why does every manufacturer HAVE to put blue LED's in ALL their parts!!?!??!?!

End Rant

Other than that, these look pretty cool. well, just for looks. the functionality really isn't there.

but there are always those suckas out there that WILL buy it.
  13. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I say they should keep LEDs in everything, but at least put a switch for the ones who don't want it...or offer two models like Zalman does...
  14. randomperson21

Thanks Received:
    agreed. a switch would be nice.
  15. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    did you get the TT newsletter as well? ::haha:: I think this is a good product and not overpriced. Thermaltake makes great stuff, from Cases and PSUs to modding accessories and coolers. I have to disagree with the friends dont let friends buy thermaltake statement.
    Now, Im not a fanboy, but I do recognize quality, craftsmanship and bang for buck and I believe TT to be that.
  16. randomperson21

Thanks Received:
    i agree that thermaltake makes great stuff.

but some stuff is just a bit overkill.