1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Launches the New Soprano PC Case

Discussion in 'News' started by Cristian_25H, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Cristian_25H

Cristian_25H News Poster

Thanks Received:
    The contemporary black-and-white theme is one of the modern representations to carry out a sleek, elegant and organized sensation in a design. Thermaltake, being the industry pioneer brand in PC chassis, power supply and thermal solution, presents the new Soprano by complying with contemporary design essences. Unlike any other recent PC chassis Thermaltake has introduced, the new Soprano is a simple and elegant mid-tower that seeks to blend into designers' lavish furnishing with the aid on surpassing the intriguing modern lifestyle.

Plain Yet Sophisticate
    Thermaltake the new Soprano is a conventional PC chassis with a contemporary flair, it materialized in two forms, a stark contrast of white exterior against black interior or a full black exterior and interior, both in the company of a 28 mm thick aluminum front panel with elegant streamline design to convey a crisp and clean appearance. Its minimal furnishings, lightings and brushed metal accents enhance the visual amenity for a sleek and professional office or home environment.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Simple Yet Professional
    Thermaltake new Soprano has a professional build; it has the invisible top-mounted HDD docking station and internal USB 3.0 ports for a refined data management. Plus, an adequate space to house up to four optic drive devices, a multi card reader, five HDDs/SSDs, a ATX motherboard, a high-end CPU air cooler or liquid cooler with large radiator, and VGA cards as long as 315 mm to maneuver some of the latest design and editing software. Further in details, there are four rubber grommeted cable management holes with convenient cable management space and two side panel sound-damping foams for an absolute professional environment.

The new Soporano is new simplicity dilemma and the minimalist of Thermaltake mid-tower which will blend into designers' lavish furnishing with the aid on surpassing the intriguing modern lifestyle.

For more details on the Thermaltake "New Soprano" information please visit:

New Soprano
    http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001914
    New Soprano Snow
    http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001919

mediasorcerer says thanks.
  2. DoomDoomDoom

DoomDoomDoom

Thanks Received:
    I had one of the old Sopranos when I was first getting into building a few years back. Glad to see they've made this less of a no frills case, but the lack of exhaust options really hurts the overall design. Then again, I suppose they're advertising it as a silent case, with all of that dampening material.

Nice to see an HDD dock as standard. That's a great case feature that needs to start becoming (more) standard.

3. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Is the front door brushed metal? Did TT really figure out how to get air to move through a sheet of metal? Bravo!

4. naraku

naraku

Thanks Received:
    Looks like there are some vents on the side and the bottom though.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't like it. not enough hdd slots and I don't like doors restricting air flow. yea I know I can take it off, but still, its part of the case and its more work to do that instead of set up and go. Its just to plain outside. Looks more like for a home business case to be more on the professional look side.

6. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    Internal layout reminds me of my 550d. I love my case. Similar airflow except the 550d has 2 top, and 2 side vents.

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Nice to see Tt redesign the Soprano case design. The early version of this case had terrible air flow, and was a "budget" case at best. This new design looks much better and appears to have a much better air flow design.

Good job on this redesign Tt. :)

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  8. No_Asylum New Member

Thanks Received:

Just like the Soprano (which I own) before it, The air flows in through the edges of the door and the bottom front edge. And they added vents in the side of this one for even more airflow.

9. No_Asylum New Member

Thanks Received:
    Airflow on the original Soprano was actually quite good for its time and price range. Atleast once you removed the stupid front fan filter and upgraded the thermaltake fans that barely move any air, LOL.

10. theubersmurf

theubersmurf

Thanks Received:
    They did a good job except I'd put vents on the top of the case. And while I like the external hdd tray built in, I feel like a flat top to the case would look better.

11. STCNE

STCNE New Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks nice, but why have LED fans in a professional oriented case? especially when you won't see them through the door anyway? I'm liking that door, it's nice to see something new for a change. Too many HAF clones on the market these days.

12. Vancha

Thanks Received:
    A Thermaltake case that doesn't look like it was marketed to children?

Dear god...

13. Initialised

Thanks Received:
    I thought that looked familiar.

Not a bad case but one for a modest system not a powerhouse.