1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Luxa 2 LM200

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2010
  2. R_1

Thanks Received:
    The price is insulting!!! Is Thermaltake betting on peoples stupidity?

3. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    if money were no object this would be the perfect case. i wonder how many of these actually get sold?

4. MN12BIRD

MN12BIRD

Thanks Received:
    I guess it looks like a power amp because they know only people with component preamp/power amp hi-fi systems are going to buy it.

But hey at least it comes with the remote :)

5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    These cases put more expensive cases to shame. If you were to drop the cash on one of these, once it's in your hands you know you got your moneys worth. :)

Touch screens aren't quite inexpensive yet, hence the higher price with the touch model.

6. MN12BIRD

MN12BIRD

Thanks Received:
    Ahh it looked kinda cheap too me. I mean the way the card reader PCB was exposed looks like something I would break in 5 minutes. But I guess pictures and my Tt prejudice don't tell the whole story.

7. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    I stopped at the 90 degree control PCB fail. If a designer can't think of that, they're not worth my cash.

8. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe New Member

Thanks Received:
    Are video cards able to extend underneath the bar that the ODD and HDD's are mounted on? If so, I really like the interior design of this case.

9. gluteus.maximus New Member

Thanks Received:
    I saw from the picture that the LCD display was different from the picture on its packaging. Is this case's LCD also too bright to allow us to read anything, like the one in Moncaso 832 case?

10. PSBrice New Member

Thanks Received:
    Luxa2 is worth it, amazing case in a market full of non-contenders.

This case is pretty good. I built a beefy system out of one today and it wrecks. Big, open, and cool. There are a couple of flaws, but they aren't glaring and are easily overcome.

It is not cheaply built either, 5mm thick aluminum everywhere. This thing is a monster and very sleek. Though, the top of the "X" in the "Luxa2" decal on the front being made out of aluminum was a detriment. It penetrated my thumb when i picked up the case and broke off when I put the case down... in my thumb lol. I had to cut it out with a knife. It would be nice if that was just a sticker... or even better, sand blasted onto the front of the case like the top plate.

It isn't appropriate to post links or URL's in your first post, so I wont. If you want to see the start to finish build just send me a PM and ill link you to my blog.

Peace,
    Brice