1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Tai-Chi

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Urlyin, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Urlyin

Urlyin Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  2. Rapier New Member

Thanks Received:
    I bought this case and built my own custom watercooling system. It was my first attempt at building a watercooled rig. I like the TT Tai Chi case and they hung most of the components on the door. I didn't want their POS stuff so I ordered the case and loaded it up with mostly Swiftech components. I still have to install the UV lighting.

[​IMG]

Here is a shot when I was fitting it all up.

[​IMG]

Here is the finished product

[​IMG]

Interior shot

[​IMG]

Here is a shot looking down the throat of the drive bays with the door shut. I've got about 3/8" clearence between the top edge of the 7800GT graphics card and fan grill on the radiator. A little tight, :eek:

[​IMG]

Last shot with the door closed

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  3. Urlyin

Urlyin Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Very nicely done Rapier ... it would seem with any rad on the door the space between it and the top of the video card will be very close ... thanks for the pics :toast:
  4. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    For $429 you could get a nice watercooling kit AND a nice Lian-Li Case.
  5. OOTay

OOTay New Member

Thanks Received:
    man i like my armor case better then this case and its alot less, plus it has better airflow.. but this case still a nice case.
  6. Rapier New Member

Thanks Received:
    I ended up getting my Tai Chi for $289 which helped a bit on the cost pain. I wanted something a little different then my watercooling buddies boxes. Surprisingly, it cools better then their home-built rigs (they are all using heatercores from cars and different pump systems)
  7. Urlyin

Urlyin Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I don't total agree with you on that Wazz ... depends on what you consider a nice watercooling kit and which Lian-Li case ... a nice water cooling kit like Rapier posted will run you $250 dollars and a Lian-Li comparable in size and features will run you at least another $200 ...
  8. Vovna New Member

Thanks Received:
    Swiftech WC in Tai chi

Hi Rapier,

Do yoou get some issue to install your swiftech pump and swiftech rais on the tai chi. Do you need to make additional hole in the right side od the case ?
    Does there is enough space between pump and graphic card ?

Thks
  9. Rapier New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had to move the pump out the the end of the door to clear everything. It's still working great. Go for it.