1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Theron - Driving me Crazy

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by RCoon, Dec 11, 2012.

1. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Got it a fairly long time ago as a RAT 7 died on me within a day so i gave up on that brand. I got it and installed the drivers and have since removed the software, as it helps very little and i can adjust the dpi on the mouse.
    Recently, on certain FPS games, I've noticed that it has diabolical accuracy when it comes to moving the mouse a millimeter.
    When i try to move the mouse a tiny amount, it just jumps across and misses a few pixels between the two points, making precision headshots at range very difficult.
    Is it the mouse that sucks, or the settings?
    Currently running it below max at 3600dpi and i generally turn the sensetivity down in game. I've turned off all the microsoft rubbish and left the sensetivity in that menu to the middle of the bar.
    Tempted to get a new mouse to alleviate my frustration.
  2. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    I keep all of my sensitivity in windows and the game at default. I then turn off mouse acceleration (this is very, very important, as windows will replace the raw mouse movement data with an algorithm for acceleration), and do all of my adjustments through the mouse itself. This has worked for both the Microsoft Sidewinder mouse, and the Logitech G9x.

I usually keep sensitivity very low and leave enough room on the mousepad for atleast a 180 degree turn.
    RCoon says thanks.
  3. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Cheers, i had all that crap acceleration turned off, but ill give the lower sensitivity a go. Brother bought me a steel series mouse surface for christmas last year, so i doubt it's the surface creating a problem.