1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake V1

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by t_ski, Mar 4, 2008.

1. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2008
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Excellent review as always T_ski. Maximum PC did a review and have had this supplant their reigning air cooling champ, the zalman 9700cu. I was shocked that this cooler wasnt better than some of the competition, even the Gigabyte G2 thingy did better...

3. ArkanHell New Member

Thanks Received:
    When I see the cooler pictures in the closer look page I was like "Thats the most beautifull cooler i ever see" even i save the pictures, then viewing the performance page, i fall in the conclusion that this cooler will be much more usefull on the desk to step over paper or in the livingroom.

4. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    I have to agree that the V1 is one of the best looking heatsinks I've ever seen. However, you need to look at the performance numbers as a whole. The V1 stayed within 5 degrees of the best cooler in the bunch, and the other coolers were all top-notch performers. While most enthusiasts are trying to find the "holy grail" of CPU coolers, the V1 still does a decent job.

I would say for those that love the looks of this cooler (and are not trying to eek out every last degree out of their CPUs), it's definitely worth keeping on your list.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    No doubt it is a nice looking cooler, but for all copper, I expected better performance. Also, as I said, Maximum PC gave it a kick ass rating. Who knows, there are mixed reviews of it on the egg, with the majority liking the cooling. Anywho, thanks for a great review. I still might look into getting it.