1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thinking About Going RAID.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by CDdude55, Jul 18, 2010.

1. El_Mayo

El_Mayo

Thanks Received:
    JIZZLER.

I remember you, you used to make humorously ridiculous demands from technology companies.

errm that's a lot of info that I don't understand :eek:

2. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    Not to Hijack But I wanna go 4 drive RAID0 and was wondering if I could use ACRONIS to do a single drive backup of my ARRAY and then send it to a 4 drive ARRAY or should I cut my loss and just reinstall on the 4 drives...

Now that my drives are only $50 I can't see why I can't just get 2 more for $100...
    With my WD blacks I was getting 106mb/s average for single drives and I'm getting 190mb/s in RAID0 and I'm hoping to get 360mb/s with 4 drives

3. oily_17

oily_17

Thanks Received:
    Yeah guys, thanks for the info.I was trying to get my head round having redundancy with only 2 drives when using RAID0 on them, wasnt sure that it would work.

As you said shevanel the RAID1 would not be mirroring the RAID0 array, so if one drive died you would lose the data from the RAID0 array.

Thanks anyway, now I am just waiting on my drives formatting for a new software RAID1 array on my linux server.